TF-X / KAAN / Hürjet Turkish Fighter & Trainer Aircrafts News & Discussions

Excellent Video !!!

Looking at the video and comparing it with the Raptor take off - I do think the Horizonal Stabilisers had more movement/correction than what i was expecting. They may well review the data on that and fine tune it a bit more ?

It is the perfect first flight couldn't be any better for the KAAN

F22 raptor crash landing during test fight ... attention to the Horizonal Stabilisers​

F-16 first flight

Last edited:
So turkey will be the 4th country in the world to build a 5th gen aircraft?
After Russia ,USA and China

Depends how you define 5th gen.

Some people include the Japanese ShinShin and Korean KF-21 as 5th Gen.

Some people refuse to put the Su-57 as 5th Gen.

So its 3rd on some lists, 4th on some list, and 6th on other lists.

The pathetic Su-57 does not count as stealth - it is more of a 4.75 gen platform ...

Hi,

I do not know if this information has been posted---.

KAAN aircraft engine being built by Turkiye is almost ready---.

Cool if true - let'see. There will be a lot of variables for the Turks to manage in the test flight programme. They will test/certify on the american engine and once that is done, they will switch over the local engine i suspect. They will want to manage the unknowns to be more predictable so that the programme can complete successfully.

Hi,

KAAN aircraft is a level below the 5th gen aircraft category---. You may call it a 4.5 Gen +++ or a 4.75 Gen +++ type of aircraft---.

It is similar to the So Korean aircraft---.

The first flight of the Turkish prototype of the fifth generation fighter KAAN took place today. The KAAN fighter has been developed by Turk Ucak Sanayi since 2017. The KAAN fighter should replace the American-made Turkish F-16 fighters and may compete with the F-35 and F-22 aircraft. The Ukrainian Air Force also plans to purchase the KAAN fighter. It is worth noting that the development of the fighter will continue until 2028, then they plan to begin its serial production. Developers need to improve the active phased array radar and aircraft engines. At the moment, the aircraft cannot carry out supersonic flight at cruising speed; engine development is one of the most difficult stages in the development of the aircraft. The flight of the KAAN fighter lasted 13 minutes, it reached an altitude of 2400 meters and a speed of 425 km/h.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back