The country has gone bankrupt, and no one is willing to lend us money," says Qaiser Bengali.

Correct. And we have to repay $26 billion before the end of this financial year. I can’t foresee that as possible.

We need to send billo tranny to Tehran to stop the $18 billion penalty which is actually now over $20 billion bhai. Tell them that look you already control our energy portfolio, just let us pay back via smuggling ok? We are trying our best. Iran won’t fukk us over, we know that. We cant imagine Iran doing something serious to us. That’s just nonsense.

Next thing to do is to ask for an extension from the Chinese on repayment amounts……this is somewhat manageable.

Our main concern is da IMF/WB/Paris club. This is the crux!

We need to send billo tranny to Tehran to stop the $18 billion penalty which is actually now over $20 billion bhai. Tell them that look you already control our energy portfolio, just let us pay back via smuggling ok? We are trying our best. Iran won’t fukk us over, we know that. We cant imagine Iran doing something serious to us. That’s just nonsense.

Next thing to do is to ask for an extension from the Chinese on repayment amounts……this is somewhat manageable.

Our main concern is da IMF/WB/Paris club. This is the crux!
Tax code needs to be simplified and tax rate needs to be lowered by half on the current payers while those industries avoiding the tax net need to be brought into system.

Cash transactions also make it impossible for companies (such as MNCs) that pay taxes (because they have a paper trail) to compete.

Doing productive business (especially those that employ lots of people) needs to be incentivized.

Solve the political crisis, end the monopoles and oligarchies hold on the tax code, and restore the duly elected candidate to their rightful place, and investor confidence will spike, with investors looking to quickly Snatch up market share for “pennies on the dollar” before the country rebounds. Investment in import substitutions; especially food processing and food storage will see a decrease in imports and the potential end to the circular debt.

FDI From the diaspora, in the form of remittances directed to prioritize investments could raise productivity and coupled with more broader tax ( but lower) could create the right incentives to raise taxes in a sustainable manner that doesn’t hurt growth and meets the IMF demands.

Last edited:
Tax code needs to be simplified and tax rate needs to be lowered by half on the current payers while those industries avoiding the tax net need to be brought into system.

Cash transactions also make it impossible for companies (such as MNCs) that pay taxes (because they have a paper trail) to compete.

Doing productive business (especially those that employ lots of people) needs to be incentivized
We can do all the above, like you say……but we don’t have functioning institutions bhai.

Saza nahi hae for violators, accountability nahi hae right? Sense of nationhood nahi hae.

Where do we start? Do we ask Iran for help in this regard? They’ve been doing it what? 2500 years now? Cuz clear as day they got it down, we can’t govern/ manage/ control our own tribal jahils no?

What do we do? Our entire diaspora is in agony, let alone our ghareeb badbakht back home.

Correct. And we have to repay $26 billion before the end of this financial year. I can’t foresee that as possible.

people should sing the song, “jarnail asif munir, meri jind meri jaan” …

do it for 30 days and the country will come out of economic crises..

all jokes aside, no one trusts Pakistanis.. people see Pakistan as the most corrupt and dishonest nation..

Thanks to bajwa, hafiz and nadeem, they brought Pakistans doom..
Congratulations establishment!

I was going through Pakistani data on IMF website and I was stunned. In last 12 years Pakistani per capita nominal income grew by only 70$.

Its insane. Mind-boggling. Not for me though. I used to tell Riaz Haq on old forum how fudged some of his humptydumpty articles used to be.
SmartSelect_20240903_084531_Brave.jpg

I was going through Pakistani data on IMF website and I was stunned. In last 12 years Pakistani per capita nominal income grew by only 70$.

Its insane. Mind-boggling. Not for me though. I used to tell Riaz Haq on old forum how fudged some of his humptydumpty articles used to be.
View attachment 62653
who cares about nominal per captia GDP when you have happiness indices, undocumented economy etc

I know nothing about economy, but it just feels like we are in a never ending downwards slope.

I can't recall any year in my life where things got better than before.

Then, you lived an honest life; it never got better. At least you know the doors of heaven will be wide open for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back