The country has gone bankrupt, and no one is willing to lend us money," says Qaiser Bengali.

what a fucked up people these govt officials are...

They don’t care, and they don’t realize how much effort and resources are required to manage these kinds of things. Their actions almost bankrupted us at that time. I believe this is part of a deliberate plan to fail the country. About 99 percent of imports and exports go through the Karachi port, which is the lifeline of the country. Corruption at ports and airports hurts 100 times more than other forms of corruption in society, especially when you have only one operational port. Countries like Spain and the UK, with smaller populations, operate hundreds of large and small ports.

Ask China and GCC countries to lend money to us. lol.

You are reading it wrong and only seeing the current and not from the starting point to the present; the data is on point as it's from the World Bank; don't just look at the percentage but also the population shift that happened, hence why I said population mobility (some call it geographic mobility; in economics that occurs within a country or a region) in my post. Whereas India started at 80% and dropped to 60%, that is population mobility, similar to China, creating a middle class the size of the US population at that period. For Pakistan, population growth occurred, but there was no mobility to urban zones. Our policies, didn't allow for it.

To answer your question about the second and third tiers, Dr. Durre Nayab said, "It is virtually flat and a dismal picture in Pakistan." She has said what I said: You build the industry and infrastructure, not just roads with no industry. There is virtually no city zoning and management, and most of all, national planning.

Imran khan
You are reading it wrong and only seeing the current and not from the starting point to the present; the data is on point as it's from the World Bank; don't just look at the percentage but also the population shift that happened, hence why I said population mobility (some call it geographic mobility; in economics that occurs within a country or a region) in my post. Whereas India started at 80% and dropped to 60%, that is population mobility, similar to China, creating a middle class the size of the US population at that period. For Pakistan, population growth occurred, but there was no mobility to urban zones. Our policies, didn't allow for it.

To answer your question about the second and third tiers, Dr. Durre Nayab said, "It is virtually flat and a dismal picture in Pakistan." She has said what I said: You build the industry and infrastructure, not just roads with no industry. There is virtually no city zoning and management, and most of all, national planning.

"Imran Khan once said we should build cities vertically, not horizontally. Look at how these massive new housing societies are eating up our agricultural land. He once said we must not allow housing societies to be built on agricultural land. The man had a vision, but we messed it up. Look at size of Rawalpindi and Islamabad how big increased in last thirty years. Lahore is eating its agricultural land like Bermuda Triangle. I can count 100z of Pakistani cities and towns they even not have single vertical building. I mean not even Three storied building

Last edited:
I live and work.in Birmingham.uk and have Pakistani friends and colleagues and in deed Pakistani customers in my banking profession
Majority of them have stopped sending money home back to Pakistani and those that had savings have brought them back.
They all say we don't trust the govt IE any govt they can seize our savings

You will never be able to succeed in this mindset and culture
Corrupt from the core at the highest level

"Imran Khan once said we should build cities vertically, not horizontally. Look at how these massive new housing societies are eating up our agricultural land. He once said we must not allow housing societies to be built on agricultural land. The man had a vision, but we messed it up. Look at size of Rawalpindi and Islamabad how big increased in last thirty years. Lahore is eating its agricultural land like Bermuda Triangle. I can count 100z of Pakistani cities and towns they even not have single vertical building. I mean not even Three storied building

In a city they should allow houses that are 5 marla or
some areas 10 marla. But in Pakistan they are building
houses same size as Schools but hardly anyone living
in them.

Bro, here are a few smaller stories:

I have been working for a company on weekends and didn’t care much about my salary. But one day, I felt my salary was too late, so I asked for the money. They said, "We'll call you." (xN times) It's been two years.

Let’s talk about my friend. He joined a company in Lahore, and they haven’t paid him for two months. Now, he’s left the country.

I’ve lent money to many people, even those I just know, but 50% of them didn’t even bother to apologize for being late in repaying.

Those are bigger things see here what our average people are:

If you go to the mosque for prayer and wear good shoes, someone will steal them like they were bought with their father’s money. It doesn’t matter if it’s Juma, Ramadan, Taraweeh, or Janaza.

Some of the issues above may seem insignificant, but:

• What if the employee has a family to feed and is not getting paid?
  • What if the lender really needs the money at some point?
  • What if the person whose shoes were stolen cannot afford to buy new ones?
The BIG QUESTION for us: What if our actions negatively affect someone else?

Bro, here are a few smaller stories:

I have been working for a company on weekends and didn’t care much about my salary. But one day, I felt my salary was too late, so I asked for the money. They said, "We'll call you." (xN times) It's been two years.

Let’s talk about my friend. He joined a company in Lahore, and they haven’t paid him for two months. Now, he’s left the country.

I’ve lent money to many people, even those I just know, but 50% of them didn’t even bother to apologize for being late in repaying.

Those are bigger things see here what our average people are:

If you go to the mosque for prayer and wear good shoes, someone will steal them like they were bought with their father’s money. It doesn’t matter if it’s Juma, Ramadan, Taraweeh, or Janaza.

Some of the issues above may seem insignificant, but:

• What if the employee has a family to feed and is not getting paid?
  • What if the lender really needs the money at some point?
  • What if the person whose shoes were stolen cannot afford to buy new ones?
The BIG QUESTION for us: What if our actions negatively affect someone else?

I am pursuing a case against a company for swindling almost $100K from in business in Pakistan. its been two years, as an overseas Pakistani american i will never invest in Pakistan..

I am pursuing a case against a company for swindling almost $100K from in business in Pakistan. its been two years, as an overseas Pakistani american i will never invest in Pakistan..

I even stopped giving Charity to NGO's in Pakistan, I give to other Countries
instead. For the first time I gave qurbani in West Bengal India this year
and I send charity to Afghanistan, Yemen or Gaza instead.

I remember once we sent some used Agricultura Machines to Pakistan from Spain. They hold on Karachi port for no reason and charge us money worth of machines. Those machines could have brought Revolution en pak agriculture .. if Karachi port get fix we can fix half of troub of Pakistan’s exports and imports
I hope you know why they overcharge for such machines?
/cars/heavy machinery.

To prevent the crash of local industry?

I even stopped giving Charity to NGO's in Pakistan, I give to other Countries
instead. For the first time I gave qurbani in West Bengal India this year
and I send charity to Afghanistan, Yemen or Gaza instead.
yes i have started doing the same. will only do charity in Pakistan army jarnails are put in jail and legit govt is formed

Ask China and GCC countries to lend money to us. lol.

There is a trade show for AI and Tech in Dubai in October. Pakistan and Uganda are on the restricted list of Countries A; individuals can't even freely attend these shows as other nationals. Afghanistan is on the Countries B list, which isn't far off.

Forget asking for money; they are barely even tolerating Pakistan. Eventually, even a donor gets tired of the constant beggar.

Imran khan

The expansion of housing is unnecessary. Vast areas of DHAs are sitting unoccupied among other societies, and there are many vacant lots. It's mostly those from expat communities who invest in real estate, but according to family members and my investment, it's died out. The average local individual doesn't build unless he has enough funding, and the majority crowd two-plus families into their parents' homes. As you know, investing in real estate does not bring growth to the overall economy; rather, people should invest in SMEs (small manufacturing enterprises) to get some growth and revenue stream going.

We had a similar situation. A case that started during my grandfather's time went to the Supreme Court of Pakistan over a purchase dispute from the '60s and was resolved around 2016. We spent more money on that case than the property was worth.

I hope you know why they overcharge for such machines?
/cars/heavy machinery.

To prevent the crash of local industry?

What crash to local industry? Our country doesn't produce much, if at all, in low—to heavy-weight machinery.

There is a trade show for AI and Tech in Dubai in October. Pakistan and Uganda are on the restricted list of Countries A; individuals can't even freely attend these shows as other nationals. Afghanistan is on the Countries B list, which isn't far off.

Forget asking for money; they are barely even tolerating Pakistan. Eventually, even a donor gets tired of the constant beggar.
Still we can repay China and GCC once our economy is doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back