ghazi52

THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
1713221294778.png

Heat Exceptionally hot
Scoville scaleSR: >1,000,000 SHU

The Naga Morich is a chili pepper originally grown in Bangladesh. There is no consensus on whether this is synonymous with the Bhut Jolokia, or a different variety.

It is also one of the hottest known chilli peppers and the only naturally occurring chili pepper that measures 1 million SHU on Scoville scale.
Morich is the word for chilli pepper in Bengali..

Plant characteristics

Like many varieties of the Chinense species, the Naga Morich is a small-medium shrub with large leaves, small, five-petaled flowers, and blisteringly hot fruit. It differs to the Bhut Jolokia and Bih Jolokia in that it is slightly smaller with a pimply ribbed texture as opposed to the smoother flesh of the other two varieties.

The Naga is a naturally occurring species in Bangladesh

View attachment 34002

Heat Exceptionally hot

The Naga Morich is a chili pepper originally grown in Bangladesh. There is no consensus on whether this is synonymous with the Bhut Jolokia, or a different variety.

It is also one of the hottest known chilli peppers and the only naturally occurring chili pepper that measures 1 million SHU on Scoville scale.

Plant characteristics
Like many varieties of the Chinense species, the Naga Morich is a small-medium shrub with large leaves, small, five-petaled flowers, and blisteringly hot fruit. It differs to the Bhut Jolokia and Bih Jolokia in that it is slightly smaller with a pimply ribbed texture as opposed to the smoother flesh of the other two varieties.

Also grows elsewhere in the vicinity, as the name indicates.

The Naga and similar chilies are meant to be "dipped" into the food and removed. It is pretty deadly, personally I don't eat spicy food.

The Naga and similar chilies are meant to be "dipped" into the food and removed. It is pretty deadly, personally I don't eat spicy food.
There's a friend, Udhay Shankar, purported founder of Silk List, who immerses a Bhoot Jolakia into his vodka bottle, and imbibes therefrom.

He's still alive, by all accounts.

I'm not in Silk List any more, and that is a weird thing.

Morich is the word for chilli pepper in Bengali (মরিচ), with similar words in Assamese: (মৰিচ) (moris), Nepali, Hindi (मिर्च) and the languages of Nagaland and Manipur.

Naga Morich is registered under the Geographical Indications (GI) of Nagaland by Government of India.

Distribution
The Naga is a naturally occurring species in Bangladesh and North East India, more specifically in Nagaland, Manipur and Assam.

They are also grown in the United States, United Kingdom (as subspecies Dorset Naga) and Australia for the production of hot sauces, and in Finland, where it is mainly sold fresh in supermarkets.

Culinary usage
The Naga Morich chili is extremely hot, but has a flavor that is quite unique.[clarification needed] Like the Bhut Jolokia (ghost pepper), it has a sweet and slightly tart flavor, followed by slight undertones of woody, smoky flavors.

The chili is well suited for BBQ and grilling due to its unique flavor profile.

I recently had a naga burger, they told me the minimum spice level is 25% of the original… I said sure let’s give it a try, never in my life had I had something so spicy. I was breathing fire, my nose and throat burnt and face red, sweat drenching my head and forehead. I couldn’t even taste the meat of the burger. Never again…

I recently had a naga burger, they told me the minimum spice level is 25% of the original… I said sure let’s give it a try, never in my life had I had something so spicy. I was breathing fire, my nose and throat burnt and face red, sweat drenching my head and forehead. I couldn’t even taste the meat of the burger. Never again…
You must ALWAYS try these experiments with a bowlful of টক দই next to you.

Never water, never ever make that mistake. Or go into it without a cooling and bland emollient fluid or paste handy.

You must ALWAYS try these experiments with a bowlful of টক দই next to you.

Never water, never ever make that mistake. Or go into it without a cooling and bland emollient fluid or paste handy.
I went with water. The restaurant had no yoghurt or milk. Yikes

View attachment 34002

Heat Exceptionally hot

Plant characteristics

That thing is dangerous bro.

View attachment 34002

Heat Exceptionally hot

Plant characteristics

Have eaten the Bhut Jolokia twice. Raw. Ya...youth makes you do stuff. Gave one to my scuba instructor who boasted that he could eat any spice. He swore to drown me in the sea after the first 2 minutes of eating it.

Pro tip if you want to try it. Keep 2 litres of milk in hand. Once yyou have chewed it and spit out after a minute or so, rush to basin and gargle and continusouly rinse your mouth with milk. dont drink, spit out the milk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back