Two Wheel Club

A close friend had got the Mosko Moto Reckless 40 for his Ducati Desert X. Brilliant luggage system.

I'm more an old school duffel bag and bungee guy. With a rain cover or tarp handy.

That gives me the perfect bike balance and centralisation that's very important for me.

Cheers, Doc

Yes, they can be useful I have a full set of Kreigas, as well as Mosko Moto and a few other bags and duffels, right up to a CamelBack, for that purpose. I prefer RokStraps over bungees, but these do provide a lot of flexibility, much more than attached luggage, whether soft or hard.

Yup just got introduced to RokStraps. What's the advantage and how are they better? I understand there is an inflexible strap part attached to flexible bungees and hooks, with snap on buckles, that can adjust the inflexible part length.

My fear/concern is the strength and integrity of those buckles under load, and as a potential failure point over bad terrain.

Will need to try out for myself.

Cheers, Doc

They are strong, and never loosen, no matter how bad the terrain. Of course, I am assuming they are not a poor quality imitation. Easy to tighten, and loosen, the elastic part keeps tension constant and the load across which they are placed tends not to move during all types of riding if properly oriented. Highly recommended.

V you must have read the big hooha on the other place about the Himalayan 452. A thread I was later banned on.

Now rhat REs are sold widely state-side, and with full soares and warranty and service support, would you buy it to replace your KLR?

40 bhp and shitloads of torque. Huge ground clearance and suspension travel. 21" front wheel. Spoked tubeless option available extra. Liquid cooled. Ride by wire. Navigation. All the modern do-das. 196 kilos, so probably lighter than your tank too.

Cheers, Doc

I actually have already thought about it. Several of my friends have them (and variations thereof) and I can see their charms, as you mention, clearly.

No what your friends have are probably the very ancient and basic by comparison, and hugely under-powered air cooled 24 bhp Himalayan 411s. Tractors.

This is a different beast. Correct me if I'm wrong. It's just been launched (EICMA and then orice announcement at MotoVerse, Goa) and barely anyone has gotten delivery yet, even in India.

Cheers, Doc

But I can see the philosophy, the quality and the value of the machines already. Dealers here usually are quick to get inventory should anyone want one. The GS310 is made in India, and that is a smashing bike, so products made there are getting to be truly competitive on a global scale.

How do these water pumps manage highway speeds there?

Cheets, Doc

Oh they scoot along pretty decently. Compared to Harleys, of course. :D

I will be honest I am mighty envious of Indian Royal Enfield's. Modern bikes in Pakistan are far too expensive even the 150cc Honda's are 10 Lakh + for a used one in the market. 250 and 600's range between 28Lakh to 50 Lakh depending on what you are buying, a GSXR will set you back around 35 Lakh.

There is a small collection of HD's, but my love for old British Motorcycles remains undiminished. Perhaps my favorite is the BSA Bombardier lovingly restored and kept by Nadeem president of Pakistan British Motorcycle Club:

1703078086688.png

Aaah. Royal Enfields and Hardly Ablesons.

But seriously, this bike cannot hold 100 comfortable.

The new one there are videos of it hitting 150.

Cheers, Doc

KPH?

I shift into second at 100. :D

I will be honest I am mighty envious of Indian Royal Enfield's. Modern bikes in Pakistan are far too expensive even the 150cc Honda's are 10 Lakh + for a used one in the market. 250 and 600's range between 28Lakh to 50 Lakh depending on what you are buying, a GSXR will set you back around 35 Lakh.

There is a small collection of HD's, but my love for old British Motorcycles remains undiminished. Perhaps my favorite is the BSA Bombardier lovingly restored and kept by Nadeem president of Pakistan British Motorcycle Club:

View attachment 1420

Ah yes. The oil leaks on old British bikes and HD are a designed safety feature. It if it stops leaking, add more oil. :D

I at one time owned 3 Royal Enfields. All 500 cc push rod driven singles. Before moving to the much more modern very edgy Austrian KTMs (made here in India, in Pune, by Bajaj).

Seeing your jeep, you would love these Brit heritage Indian made Enfields. Can't say the same about the modern ones. They only look like Enfields.

But the puppies like them. And so Royal Enfield has exploded into a global company now. Good for them.

Cheers, Doc
I have inquired about importing a Royal Enfield from India, custom and tax duty aside the resistance by customs on this was mind boggling. We are able to import entire plant machinery from China and Korea without a hitch, but when you ask about importing a single motorcycle its like you are asking can I smuggle a nuclear tipped warhead please? -_-

Ah yes. The oil leaks on old British bikes and HD are a designed safety feature. It if it stops leaking, add more oil. :D
I once saw a HD in Lahore with a suicide shift, I wanted to go and speak to the owner because it was a modified 1982 superglide with bread seat (bobber seat with coil springs), it looked beautiful, but a suicide shift in Lahore of all places? Brave man.

Of course this was 15-20 years ago, but my first 2 Enfields I bought for about 70,000 Rupees.

Now these new ones are 2-3 lacs.

Cheers, Doc
Yar 2 lakh can't even get you a decent Honda CD70 in Pakistan. Honestly the consumers in Pakistan are screwed over at every turn.

I once saw a HD in Lahore with a suicide shift, I wanted to go and speak to the owner because it was a modified 1982 superglide with bread seat (bobber seat with coil springs), it looked beautiful, but a suicide shift in Lahore of all places? Brave man.

Yar 2 lakh can't even get you a decent Honda CD70 in Pakistan. Honestly the consumers in Pakistan are screwed over at every turn.

People get used to their bikes. I see suicides shifts aplenty still. A friend has an old Ducati with the rear brake and gearshifter on the other sides compared to current convention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back