Two Wheel Club

My standard 500, I always had a 500 ml can of 20w50 in the right side tool box. 😁

Cheers, Doc

Let me guess: you used it all up every ride? :D

My Grandfather once owned a Triumph and he started as machenic for the same of a gora saheb in connaught place area hence i have a facination for the brand

he baught it from a gora saheb when they were leaving india in 1947 it looked something like this he had it till 1988 standing on bricks

download (1).jpg

My Grandfather once owned a Triumph and he started as machenic for the same of a gora saheb in connaught place area hence i have a facination for the brand

he baught it from a gora saheb when they were leaving india in 1947 it looked something like this he had it till 1988 standing on bricks

View attachment 1422
Wish you would have kept it, I know a collector in Germany that would have paid you and arm and a leg to buy it off you.

Things have changed a LOT. Royal Enfield is now a serious global player. Maybe try again, this time directly with the company. They have a VERY elaborate website and proactive field force.

The other option (thinking out aloud) is coming to India, picking one up, and taking it back on the Carnet de Passage? Maybe its just a brainfart.

Cheers, Doc
I have planned on visiting India for some time now. But the main issue is security clearance. Its on my list of things to do. I have old family ties to Shimla, I would like to revisit my maternal grandparent's old house, or where it once was before partition and also my mother's grandfather's law chambers in Delhi some day. Inshallah.

Wish you would have kept it, I know a collector in Germany that would have paid you and arm and a leg to buy it off you.
we are into spare parts buissness since late 1970s nad before that were into bycycle spare parts wholesale ... i myself a tarined machenic and can overhaul a vespa two wheeler or a Yamha RX engine even used to sell spares to pakistanies before 2007 wia attaree border but after 2007-8 things stared going bad to worse so then we shut the operations all together

as for those old british bikes they are plentyfull if you need in and around delhi not that great market and spares are pain ... though there are many who can build coustomised products for you but even then its not worth it better and new age options are there

I'm getting a feeling of Deja Vu. Have we had this conversation before on LOF?

Shimla rang a bell.

Cheets, Doc
Yes indeed. My mother's side of the family were anglo's. They moved to Karachi shortly before partition, and sadly never went back. My grandmother god rest her soul could have chosen to return to England, but remained in Pakistan teaching at KGS and then was an advisor to the Gov of Sindh prior to retiring. She along with other members of her family are buried in the gora kabristan in Karachi.

we are into spare parts buissness since late 1970s nad before that were into bycycle spare parts wholesale ... i myself a tarined machenic and can overhaul a vespa two wheeler or a Yamha RX engine even used to sell spares to pakistanies before 2007 wia attaree border but after 2007-8 things stared going bad to worse so then we shut the operations all together

as for those old british bikes they are plentyfull if you need in and around delhi not that great market and spares are pain ... though there are many who can build coustomised products for you but even then its not worth it better and new age options are there
Lets keep in touch, I may bug you in the not to distant future :D.

Abrar was here in Dar few weeks back. Met him. Very good to see him in person.

He was very surprised how great it was here especially food wise.

I reminded him that another Pak rider came through in the 70s but on a bicycle. He is the first on a motorcycle

Yes indeed. My mother's side of the family were anglo's. They moved to Karachi shortly before partition, and sadly never went back. My grandmother god rest her soul could have chosen to return to England, but remained in Pakistan teaching at KGS and then was an advisor to the Gov of Sindh prior to retiring. She along with other members of her family are buried in the gora kabristan in Karachi.

Lets keep in touch, I may bug you in the not to distant future :D.
jab dilli aana ho to batta dena bhai ... we will get together (y)

ABQ-052023-6771 small.jpg

Valle Grande, NM.

OutNAbout-5970 small.jpg

Nothing like a refreshing early morning ride.

OutNAbout-5520 small.jpg

1955 Yamaha YA1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back