Two Wheel Club

This photo gives me the chills.

Flashback of the movie Grizzly seen as a little boy in the late 70s.

Cheers, Doc

Oh there were bears all around in the forest. We saw several, but the key is to avoid coming between a mother and her cubs. Anything other encounter with them is usually not dramatic.

OutNAbout-02166.jpg

Boxer and Tractor deep in the forest.

But the vegetation looks more brown bear territory. Not an expert if course. And they are still formidable.

Per universal bear expert/whisperer Jo Rogan lol, only black bears we have somewhat of a chance against.

Cheers, Doc

Black bears. Sorry if I did not make that clear.

Sturgis 2023:

I went to Sturgis a few years ago, but that was pre-Covid, and even bigger than what it has been post-Covid, although still quite an experience, I am sure.

Oh there were bears all around in the forest. We saw several, but the key is to avoid coming between a mother and her cubs. Anything other encounter with them is usually not dramatic.

Pic I managed to snap of mama and cubs while I was out canoeing.

She was keeping a close look at us before eventually getting cubs to scamper back into the brush a bit later.....but the black bears are more or less habituated to humans in this park. Shy and retreating mostly but not fearful either, I've got lot of similar things Ive seen with black bears in general (just didnt take pics etc)

Same park many years ago....one time buddies and I were plinking with guns we had setup and buddy with keen senses detected a bear in the vicinity (though we never saw it).... it was in hindsight evidently going out of its way to go around us (we were in a clearing), but we did hightail out of there regardless.

Brown bears (and polar bears) are an entirely different kind of animal to black. Complete different temperament and capacity.

mamabearcanoeing.jpg

BTW, great thread you have restarted and got going here again on the bikes.

Hopefully time frees up for me later next year and I can contribute too (my street triple).

BTW, great thread you have restarted and got going here again on the bikes.

Hopefully time frees up for me later next year and I can contribute too (my street triple).

The more the merrier. I am already planning a few trips up Nawth for next year. Perhaps we can ride some together.

KTMs are nice bikes. When they work.

Mine have been working for 10 years. As have tens of thousands of Indian made Dukes and RCs and Adventures.

On Indian roads and around the world.

They are built tough. And truly Ready To Race.

The fuel pump on my 390 grenaded after 10 years because of MY neglect .... nothing ro do with the bike.

Cheers, Doc

Mine have been working for 10 years. As have tens of thousands of Indian made Dukes and RCs and Adventures.

The fuel pump on my 390 grenaded after 10 years because of MY neglect .... nothing ro do with the bike.

Cheers, Doc

Yes. But this can only be relative to the benchmarks for the competition.

Cheers, Doc
Thats right Bajaj made parts are genrally very high quality specilly the gear and cycle parts while most of the susenssion and brake parts are world class come from Gabriel , Kalyani or Ti Chains

Yes. But this can only be relative to the benchmarks for the competition.

Lets not talk in riddles.

What competition and benchmark are you talking of specifically.

Cheers, Doc

Thats right Bajaj made parts are genrally very high quality specilly the gear and cycle parts while most of the susenssion and brake parts are world class come from Gabriel , Kalyani or Ti Chains
Bybre.

Endurance.

WP.

Cheers, Doc

Lets not talk in riddles.

What competition and benchmark are you talking of specifically.

Cheers, Doc
its only decent compition is Himalyan while new cousin sisted Triumph has not yet arrived in indian mass market as of yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back