‘Nepal's hydropower can benefit Bangladesh, entire region’

Me? Burning? About what? 😂 About your shiny new American made Sig716s? 😆
Read the title of this thread and apply heavy amount of burnol... 🫰
On May 4, 1919, in Beijing, China, a patriotic movement was carried out through demonstrations, petitions, strikes, violent confrontation against the government, and other forms of patriotic movement, mainly young students, and the broad masses, citizens, businessmen and other strata participated.

This campaign has been echoed by students all over China. At the same time, workers across China have responded by organizing a nationwide strike.

This is the most famous May Fourth Movement in modern China. It gave birth to the great May Fourth spirit with patriotism, progress, democracy, and science as its main contents, and its core is the spirit of patriotism.

The May Fourth Movement directly influenced the birth and development of the Communist Party of China.

May this student movement in Bangladesh also give birth to the "CCP" belonging to Bangladesh

Me? Burning? About what? 😂 About your shiny new American made Sig716s? 😆
Read the title of this thread and apply heavy amount of burnol... 🫰
Nobody even uttered the word AK or Sig716 but this is your 3rd or 4th time you are talking the same shows your real concern about those.....
Anyways BD students can topple anything without even AK or Sig.... don't worry be happy....

L

India is a large power consumer and can easily absorb the power exported by Nepal. I am not sure why it would want to involve BD in the agreement unless the three countries were in some sort of strategic alliance.

BD is lost to India as an ally until the Awami League comes back to power.

By the way, how many seats is the AL expected to win in the next elections ?
Is India getting any transit fees from Bangladesh and Nepal for this?

Yes the minority Hinduvta lot are annoying but they do not represent the majority of Indian opinion.
Glad you pointed this out.

We may not agree and sometimes think that India can be overbearing but India itself does not want to keep BD down and harm it. There is no benefit to India this way and only harm with a poor and unstable country of 170 million right next door.
Totally agree.

India just does not want to see BD giving any support to NE separatists and getting too close to China in that in may threaten Indian security.
Those are concerns, but not existential concerns. Bangladesh has never shown any inclination to support the NE tiny groups of separatists, after the ISI help to the Mizos before 1971, with protective infrastructure in the CHT, that got washed out in 1971.

By insisting on selling only to India, Nepal will feel bullied by India and start to pivot to China, who will only be too happy to annoy India here.
We have already pushed Nepal into a reluctant pivot to the north. Just plain unsuccessful street-corner bullying tactics. Textbook example of how not to treat a friendly and supportive neighbour.
No prizes for guessing which direction this spiteful, vindictive attitude will take next.

This is more than just about Nepal earning money by selling power from hydroelectric but creating a trading and energy grid in the region.
It's about basic human decency among the decision-makers in the central government. As simple as that.

India needs to let go of AL and work with any BD government. Building a good relationship with the people of BD is more important than any one political party.
It is amazing that this even needs to be said.

Is India getting any transit fees from Bangladesh and Nepal for this?

Of course.

India would be paid a fair rate for the use of its infrastructure to transport the electricity from Nepal to BD.

This would have the added benefit of reassuring Nepal that India is a friendly neighbour.

Win for Nepal, win for BD and win for India. Everyone wins here.

Of course.

India would be paid a fair rate for the use of its infrastructure to transport the electricity from Nepal to BD.

This would have the added benefit of reassuring Nepal that India is a friendly neighbour.

Win for Nepal, win for BD and win for India. Everyone wins here.
Hope this project becomes reality as soon as possible....

Hope this project becomes reality as soon as possible....

I think it will get delayed by some years now but it will most likely happen as this is something that just has upsides for all 3 countries and no downsides.

It both tackles BD’s need for cheap power while at the same time giving Nepal lots of money to spend developing its economy. India also gets a friendly neighbourhood that benefits the security and well-being of W Bengal and the NE States.

Remember contract for purchase of 40MW of Nepalese hydroelectric power will have been signed already if not for the fall of Hasina. Also 500MW purchase by BD of another 900MW hydro plant being built by India in Nepal was firmly on the cards.

We are not taking about proposals but real infrastructure being built with 3- nation collaboration in mind and actual contracts almost being signed.

I think it will get delayed by some years now but it will most likely happen as this is something that just has upsides for all 3 countries and no downsides.

It both tackles BD’s need for cheap power while at the same time giving Nepal lots of money to spend developing its economy. India also gets a friendly neighbourhood that benefits the security and well-being of W Bengal and the NE States.

Remember contract for purchase of 40MW of Nepalese hydroelectric power will have been signed already if not for the fall of Hasina. Also 500MW purchase by BD of another 900MW hydro plant being built by India in Nepal was firmly on the cards.

We are not taking about proposals but real infrastructure being built with 3- nation collaboration in mind and actual contracts almost being signed.
I think this project should also bring Bhutan in to this...

I think this project should also bring Bhutan in to this...

There has already been talk about this as Bhutan also has the right geography.

Tiny Bhutan would probably be a very wealthy country per capita just by exporting power to India and BD.

Hope Bhutan is roped in as it will immensely benefit their economy to be earning big revenue from power exports.

There has already been talk about this as Bhutan also has the right geography.

Tiny Bhutan would probably be a very wealthy country per capita just by exporting power to India and BD.

Hope Bhutan is roped in as it will immensely benefit their economy to be earning big revenue from power exports.

Let's pray this will be executed successfully and results in the betterment of entire eastern region of South Asia with Nepal-Bangladesh-Bhutan and India with its NE.....

By insisting on selling only to India, Nepal will feel bullied by India and start to pivot to China, who will only be too happy to annoy India here.
I personally don’t quite agree with your point of view.

I don’t know where India’s hostility towards China comes from, or rather, why India thinks China is hostile towards them.

From my observations, from the past to the present, the vast majority of Chinese people and the Chinese government have no hostility towards India.

In Chinese official media, negative reports about India are rarely seen; most reports are about Chinese companies' investment situations in India.

On Chinese social media, there are indeed some self-media outlets mocking and ridiculing India, but fabricated fake news is very rare.

I speculate that India’s hostility towards China is mainly derived from border conflicts.

I once watched a video of an internal training speech by a scholar who participated in the China-India border negotiations.

He mentioned that during the China-India border negotiations, China had proposed a plan to India. Both sides would use the LAC as a benchmark, mutually recognize it, end the dispute, and sign a border agreement. Unfortunately, India rejected this plan.

Clearly, whether it is India or China, it is not very realistic to expect to claim all the territory they assert through negotiations. India chose to resist proactively.

Currently, China does not pay much attention to South Asian affairs. With China’s rapid economic development, economic activities in South Asian countries naturally spill over, and investments in South Asia are far from reaching a strategic level.

@Pingle - Look at the last part of my snippet as BD was willing to allow a reciprocal transmission line for India in return, as well as pay a transmission fee. BD-India-Nepal have been working on this 3 nation energy grid for many years.

The Strategic Impact of a Nepal-India-Bangladesh Hydropower Alliance – OpEd

"Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) signed a Power Purchase Agreement with Nepal in 2019 to purchase 500 MW of power from the Upper Karnali Hydropower Station in Nepal which is developed by India’s GMR Group. However, initially, Nepal agreed to export 40MW power to Bangladesh in August 2022, using the high-voltage Baharampur-Bheramara cross-border power transmission link

"To facilitate the export of 40MW of power, Bangladesh and Nepal were agreed to sign a 25-year deal. The tariff rate has fixed at 6.5 cents for per unit. The understanding will become official Once Bangladesh, Nepal, and India will sign a tripartite agreement on electricity sales.

"Bangladesh agreed to India’s demand to allow it construct a 116 km transmission line across the territory of Bangladesh for power transmission in the North Eastern states of India."

I don’t know where India’s hostility towards China comes from, or rather, why India thinks China is hostile towards them.

From my observations, from the past to the present, the vast majority of Chinese people and the Chinese government have no hostility towards India.

In Chinese official media, negative reports about India are rarely seen; most reports are about Chinese companies' investment situations in India.

On Chinese social media, there are indeed some self-media outlets mocking and ridiculing India, but fabricated fake news is very rare.

I speculate that India’s hostility towards China is mainly derived from border conflicts.

I once watched a video of an internal training speech by a scholar who participated in the China-India border negotiations.

He mentioned that during the China-India border negotiations, China had proposed a plan to India. Both sides would use the LAC as a benchmark, mutually recognize it, end the dispute, and sign a border agreement. Unfortunately, India rejected this plan.

Clearly, whether it is India or China, it is not very realistic to expect to claim all the territory they assert through negotiations. India chose to resist proactively.

Currently, China does not pay much attention to South Asian affairs. With China’s rapid economic development, economic activities in South Asian countries naturally spill over, and investments in South Asia are far from reaching a strategic level.

It could be that India want the border to be somewhat hot and thereby extract benefit from the US.

1725049536668.png
This is the pipe dream map of some ultra Hindu nationalist of akhand bharat. This map illustrates everything u know about the current hostilities. Lol China is India roadblock to greatness jealousy can be a dangerous pill to swallow. But China got India checkmated by arming Pakistan in return u know China has many cards up in her sleeves as well. Like arming many neighbors of india.just look at how many countries on that map China has good relations with. U might be too naive I don't blame you. But geopolitics is a cut throat business. Only the strong survives.india can also do the same vis philippines or whichever country China has bad relations with. It's fair game no bad blood.

@Pingle - Look at the last part of my snippet as BD was willing to allow a reciprocal transmission line for India in return, as well as pay a transmission fee. BD-India-Nepal have been working on this 3 nation energy grid for many years.

The Strategic Impact of a Nepal-India-Bangladesh Hydropower Alliance – OpEd​

"Bangladesh Power Development Board (BPDB) signed a Power Purchase Agreement with Nepal in 2019 to purchase 500 MW of power from the Upper Karnali Hydropower Station in Nepal which is developed by India’s GMR Group. However, initially, Nepal agreed to export 40MW power to Bangladesh in August 2022, using the high-voltage Baharampur-Bheramara cross-border power transmission link

"To facilitate the export of 40MW of power, Bangladesh and Nepal were agreed to sign a 25-year deal. The tariff rate has fixed at 6.5 cents for per unit. The understanding will become official Once Bangladesh, Nepal, and India will sign a tripartite agreement on electricity sales.

"Bangladesh agreed to India’s demand to allow it construct a 116 km transmission line across the territory of Bangladesh for power transmission in the North Eastern states of India."

Economic Relations improve Only when the Security Situation is In Control and Borders are Calm

You have been releasing Many People who are well known to be Anti India Leaders

We are into Uncharted Territory

Any incident can happen anytime

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back