As China Unleashes 80,000-Ton Fujian, India’s Ex-Naval Chief Wants France’s Help To Construct Nuke-Powered Aircraft Carrier

I don't think India would go for nuclear carriers BTW. The Navy has rightly said that a 65K T 'mixed' carrier is the best way forward- a conventional carrier that flies both piloted planes and unpiloted drones. This will reduce a lot of human staff/quarters requirement while maintaining offensive capability. The old days of large carriers with catapults, dozens of planes and huge personnel deployments are gone.

So it will be gas engines then? I think going for a nuclear carrier is way too much when better cost effective solutions exist. India also needs it's nuclear material for weapons and its civilian nuclear reactors.

●We've achieved a significant milestone with our shipborne S-band naval radar, far surpassing China's aspirations. The Indian Navy has successfully integrated and operationalized it on INS Anvesh, positioning it to compete head-to-head with the USN's AN/SPY-6 system.
View attachment 37320
View attachment 37322

●The Indian Navy has already conducted successful tests of a shipborne Ballistic Missile Defense (BMD) system utilizing this advanced naval S-band radar, placing India far ahead of China, which is yet to achieve similar milestones.
View attachment 37321
Will our latest SMART missile be able to destroy this new Chinese carrier.... it already carries deadly torpedo like a jet..... how effective it will be against such a big warship....

the poine behind deploying low quality 'indegenous' equipment like china is doing is? You're building a war machine not a fancy dress competition.
lol, you seriously believe that India's patchwork of a small carrier with parts of numerous foreign origins, which makes the ship impossible to integrate them properly, is a better quality ship than the Chinese super carrier?

So it will be gas engines then? I think going for a nuclear carrier is way too much when better cost effective solutions exist. India also needs it's nuclear material for weapons and its civilian nuclear reactors.

yeah and then-

a) Need. India doesn't have maritime disputes. China wants to invade Taiwan when it will surround the island and use these as mini airbases for invasion. All India wants to do is secure IOR marititme insterests and gas based carriers are sufficient for that
b) Carriers are vulnurable among highly capable adversaries. Agni Prime was designed for moving targets specifically to sink Chinese carriers. I think China has similar IRBMs for India and USA. In real war their total effect on outcome can be zero.
c) Policy. USA has a clear policy, any country that attacks a US Carrier will automatically recieve a nuclear response. Too much hassle to secure an asset with those kinds of policies, especially for a country like India that has a no first use policy.

The same things happen for Pakistan.

If India gets Rafale, they immediately rush for J10 fighter

It's never ending game actually... Don't try to Target India, the same gets apply when USA gets something than china start following it
Well US is considered the most powerful country, who else are we supposed to compete with!? We are the second most powerful.

According to SIPRI, MTU was a regular supplier of engines for Luyang III class missile destroyers until at least 2020. MTU reportedly supplied engines that were used in China's Song-class submarines.
MTU is a licensor, we build them in China mate. Even Wartsila engines are built under license. The limitation is we cannot modify and export them to a third party without authorization.

Well US is considered the most powerful country, who else are we supposed to compete with!? We are the second most powerful.
You are not second... 2nd is still hold by Russia. They are much mature and battle tested army in the world. When china fought the war last time - 1962?

And as per the same rating India comes -4-5 place.

So as I said. It's never ending game... Everyone needs to follow no.1 USA and so on

Last edited:
You are not second... 2nd is still hold by Russia. They are much mature and battle tested army in the world. When china fought the war last time - 1962?

And as per the same rating India comes -4-5 place.

So as I said. It's never ending game... Everyone needs to follow no.1 USA and so on

Please refrain from posting this joke site.

Please refrain from posting this joke site.
Shall I post source of Chinese media where china is now better than USA navy and all.

I believe personally, USA is no.1 with battle experience, still far ahead of Russia and china... China is catching up but Russia is trying to maintain her position.

I can give example - how USN were used to track Soviet submarines during the cold war..... Just an example - submarine race - USN is still far better when we talk about technology... People should watch such documentaries

And followed by other countries..as per the people choice can give their rating

Last edited:
Shall I post source of Chinese media where china is now better than USA navy and all.
I didn't argue that US is still being the number one militarily, it's an obvious fact, but the rest of the rankings from that site are just garbabe.

I didn't argue that US is still being the number one militarily, it's an obvious fact, but the rest of the rankings from that site are just garbabe.
That's because like and dislike..

As expected that chinese and Pakistani will never allowed to believe their self that India can be on 4-5 position... Pakistanis will believe that Indian army is poor and coward, how ca they be, you might have own believes.

My point is very clear - there are many international media sources where they put india between 4 to 8 place.

If you asked me, other many countries alike UK, France etc are not actually racing to have strong military because they are having umbrella call " NATO"

Even china or Russia can't hit a member of NATO... Practically they don't need a strong army and race for power ratings. But still they are maintaining a decent power..

But china, Russia, India, Iran such countries - they don't have such agreement and alliance, so they madly racing for such military power.

That's because like and dislike..

As expected that chinese and Pakistani will never allowed to believe their self that India can be on 4-5 position... Pakistanis will believe that Indian army is poor and coward, how ca they be, you might have own believes.

My point is very clear - there are many international media sources where they put india between 4 to 8 place.

If you asked me, other many countries alike UK, France etc are not actually racing to have strong military because they are having umbrella call " NATO"

Even china or Russia can't hit a member of NATO... Practically they don't need a strong army and race for power ratings. But still they are maintaining a decent power..

But china, Russia, India, Iran such countries - they don't have such agreement and alliance, so they madly racing for such military power.
Do you believe Russia now is militarily more advanced than China barring mega nuclear stockpiles?

Do you believe Russia now is militarily more advanced than China barring mega nuclear stockpiles?
Chinese military power as of now on projections.. and some people believe, it strong but many, it haven't tested yet... Specially, Chinese technology and effectiveness in battle fields... Russian and USA, mostly are tested/proven

Against, when Chinese aircrafts cross the border and performed military actions.

USA and Russia have done many times in past years.

I am not saying because we don't have good relationship but practically what I believe

Chinese military power as of now on projections.. and some people believe, it strong but many, it haven't tested yet.

Against, when Chinese aircrafts cross the border and performed military actions.

USA and Russia have done many times in past years.

I am not saying because we don't have good relationship but practically what I believe
Battle experience is not the only valuable standard. Like US army, all they had participated in wars against third-rate enemies at the best in the past decades, they haven't battle proved in large scale wars against first rate advanced armies.

Indian navy has more important priorities than a third carrier.

We need to close the P75I program for 6 SSKs , not to mention 6 SSNs in collaboration with France.
Then their is the Next gen P18 class Destroyers program, which is meant to replace the ageing Rajput class
Purchase of 12 Mine counter measure vessels
Purchase of 3 LPDs , as replacement for INS Jalashwa , INS Magar and INS Gharial

I believe that atleast half of the above procurement should be completed before we decide to spend money on a 3rd carrier.

As far as INS Vikramadiya is concerned, its not going to retire anytime soon.
We paid 2.3 Billion USD for it and it will serve atleast 25 years with the Indian Navy ie until 2038 at the very least.
This ship underwent a major refit between 2021-23 , which ensures 10 yrs of smooth sailing, a second refit could be carried out in 2032-34 , which could see the warship potentially operate till 2043.

So we have plenty of time to debate on IAC2 ,

Modi should focus on completing the more critical naval requirements like the urgency to replace our ageing Kilo class and U209 subs as well as purchase of MINESWEEPERS ,

As far as Destroyers, Frigates and Corvettes are concerned, Indian Navy has been operating on auto pilot ie they place the next order imidiately after the completion of a batch

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back