Azerbaijan Air Force Becomes Fourth Operator of JF-17 Fighter Aircraft, President Aliyev Confirms

Good ! I hope that we all will we here to welcome that day.
We never announced induction of 30th JF-17 also. In one ceremony first 8 were handed over to PAF but then PAF went totally silent on inductions. So now even if they complete the number 50 you won't hear any official announcement. But again, forcus on TEJAS MARK 1A please.

Yes I understand that it is expensive, but considering what the JF-17 has to face (Rafale and upgraded Su-30MKI), it needs something longer than PL-12s, hopefully within this decade.
We still have the AIM-120s on the F-16s which proved to be successful in 2019.

Well, if a PAF roundel and PAF markings on an allegedly Azeri aircraft DO NOT at least raise some eyebrows, then ...

Again, it is not that anyone questions this deal, this purchase, but only THIS particular aircraft is (IMO) unlikely already an Azeri AF aircraft. I still think it more a PR stunt and the true Azeri "Thunders" will be delivered later.

For me After the press release of Azerbaijan president there is no doubt regarding the deal.
The issue is whether the jet pics in circulation are part of the deal or not.

The confirmation of the JF-17 sale to Azerbaijan is significant. The specific jet shown is not as important and it's just a matter of time before we see JF-17 Block-3 in Azerbaijan Air Force colors.

Yes I understand that it is expensive, but considering what the JF-17 has to face (Rafale and upgraded Su-30MKI), it needs something longer than PL-12s, hopefully within this decade.
The Meteor is the only concern in terms of stick length - everything else is tackled(particularly thanks to overexposure by Indians of their achievements) before it even properly percolates in their fleet

Mashallah Noorani Chehra, Happy Man in JF17 Block III

Would be great to see Azeri Airforce , flying the planes in their next National Day Parade

1727286958195.png

The Meteor is the only concern in terms of stick length - everything else is tackled(particularly thanks to overexposure by Indians of their achievements) before it even properly percolates in their fleet
There's one more feature. I've asked multiple times on this forum and no one seems to know what it is.

JF-17 block 3 prototype has its leading edges painted in radome grey. Is there anything installed there or its just a coincidence?

We’re all looking at lost in translation.

What word is being translated as “integrated”?

Could that mean the groundwork for them exists, training in progress and delivery pending?

Could that just mean “Contract imminent”?

I don’t think an official contract should preclude announcements like this but at the same time if it is coming from the president’s office then there is definitely cake in the oven - whether the oven has been on and baking, already baked or waiting for signatures to turn the oven on is still a little vague; but we should all be able to agree they definitely want the cake.
Or 'integrated' might mean 'inducted'. Who knows. It looks like lost in translation.

I don’t believe those are Azeri jets - it would have sent a strong message if those were but just my hunch is that there may be Azeri jets on the production line but these are not it.
Yes Sir.

These belong to the No. 16 Sqn. (Black Panthers) from Kamra.

I believe PAC (Pakistan Aeronautical Complex) is on the clock for these orders.

There have a been a couple of Specials on various News Channels regarding the Production Line of the JF- ⚡ . In one of them they've mentioned how long/fast it takes to produce a Jet from theget go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back