Azerbaijan Air Force Becomes Fourth Operator of JF-17 Fighter Aircraft, President Aliyev Confirms

Hi,

Where there is smoke---there is fire-----.

For how long members here stated that the deal with Azerbaijan had solidified---2 to 3 years ago.

Even after the latest visit by the azerbaijani's president---there were some who did not believe it because no contract was shown.

Doubters---eat your heart out---.:):):)

There's one more feature. I've asked multiple times on this forum and no one seems to know what it is.

JF-17 block 3 prototype has its leading edges painted in radome grey. Is there anything installed there or its just a coincidence?
🤷‍♂️

There's one more feature. I've asked multiple times on this forum and no one seems to know what it is.

JF-17 block 3 prototype has its leading edges painted in radome grey. Is there anything installed there or its just a coincidence?
Oh I know because I was curious and asked them:
So with the addition of the AESA radar, which has a lot more power than the original radar, the IFF system was suffering from interference. So they moved the IFF antennae from the nose into the leading-edge flaps. Since the antennae are inside the leading-edge flaps, they must be composite to allow EMF waves to go through. So this use of composite is actually not about saving weight.

EDIT:
If I am not wrong these are the IFF antennae on the non-AESA radar that couldn't be placed inside the radome anymore with the AESA:
1727296289377.png

Last edited:
Oh I know because I was curious and asked them:
So with the addition of the AESA radar, which has a lot more power than the original radar, the IFF system was suffering from interference. So they moved the IFF antennae from the nose into the leading-edge flaps. Since the antennae are inside the leading-edge flaps, they must be composite to allow EMF waves to go through. So this use of composite is actually not about saving weight.

EDIT:
If I am not wrong these are the IFF antennae on the non-AESA radar that couldn't be placed inside the radome anymore with the AESA:
View attachment 67232
Ahhh I was expecting something sexier like those L band emitters on Su-35s but still, it's cool that they've switched to composite.

The Azeri's will fly these jets for 20 years and the Indians will still be in denial. lol
Inshallah Iraq will be the 5th Country to fly the JF17 thunder.

According to Indians JF-17 isn't even flying and all the planes have been grounded. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back