Azerbaijan Air Force Becomes Fourth Operator of JF-17 Fighter Aircraft, President Aliyev Confirms

Hi,

Where there is smoke---there is fire-----.

For how long members here stated that the deal with Azerbaijan had solidified---2 to 3 years ago.

Even after the latest visit by the azerbaijani's president---there were some who did not believe it because no contract was shown.

Doubters---eat your heart out---.:):):)

There's one more feature. I've asked multiple times on this forum and no one seems to know what it is.

JF-17 block 3 prototype has its leading edges painted in radome grey. Is there anything installed there or its just a coincidence?
Oh I know because I was curious and asked them:
So with the addition of the AESA radar, which has a lot more power than the original radar, the IFF system was suffering from interference. So they moved the IFF antennae from the nose into the leading-edge flaps. Since the antennae are inside the leading-edge flaps, they must be composite to allow EMF waves to go through. So this use of composite is actually not about saving weight.

EDIT:
If I am not wrong these are the IFF antennae on the non-AESA radar that couldn't be placed inside the radome anymore with the AESA:
1727296289377.png

Last edited:
Oh I know because I was curious and asked them:
So with the addition of the AESA radar, which has a lot more power than the original radar, the IFF system was suffering from interference. So they moved the IFF antennae from the nose into the leading-edge flaps. Since the antennae are inside the leading-edge flaps, they must be composite to allow EMF waves to go through. So this use of composite is actually not about saving weight.

EDIT:
If I am not wrong these are the IFF antennae on the non-AESA radar that couldn't be placed inside the radome anymore with the AESA:
View attachment 67232
Ahhh I was expecting something sexier like those L band emitters on Su-35s but still, it's cool that they've switched to composite.

Pakistan's GIDS offers Azerbaijan technologies for JF-17C jet fighter and smart weapons​

trend_asad_kamal_250924.jpg

BAKU, Azerbaijan, September 25. Pakistan's Global Industrial and Defense Solutions (GIDS, Global Industrial and Defense Solutions) offers Azerbaijan technologies for JF-17C fighter jets and smart weapons, the general director of GIDS company Asad Kamal told Trend within the framework of the 5th anniversary of Azerbaijan's international defense exhibition ADEX 2024, which is being held at Baku Expo Center, Trend reports.

“This is our third participation in the exhibition, and each time we bring new products. We already have several contracts under implementation regarding security equipment. But this time we are here with a special focus on the JF-17 airplane, which Azerbaijan is buying from Pakistan. Our company “GIDS” produces all the armament that is installed on this airplane - bombs and long-range weapons for the fighter aircraft,” Asad Kamal said.

According to him, the company is also developing smart weapons based on artificial intelligence, which have a striking capability of up to 100 kilometers. GIDS has a line of weapons called “Fatah.” “Fatah” has a range of 140 and 290 kilometers. This is one of the smart weapons that the company offers to Azerbaijan.

“We approached the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry and offered the transfer of these technologies. It is very important that the company offers not only a separate product but also a complete package of technologies that will allow Azerbaijan to develop this project in the country within the next three years,” Asad Kamal added.

The 5th anniversary of the of the Azerbaijan International Defense Exhibition ADEX, the largest event dedicated to the defense industry in the region, is taking place September 24-26 at the Baku Expo Center. The 14th International Exhibition of Equipment for Internal Security, Safety, and Rescue Securex Caspian takes place in parallel.

The first ADEX exhibition was organized in 2014. The list of exhibitors and the sectors it covers has been expanding from year to year.

The exhibition has brought together many companies representing more than 50 countries and about 200 official delegations over 10 years of successful activity. The exhibition has been visited by more than 30,000 guests over the years.

Mashallah Noorani Chehra, Happy Man in JF17 Block III

Would be great to see Azeri Airforce , flying the planes in their next National Day Parade

View attachment 67205
He's the Muzaffer President, unlike tons of other so called leaders in other Muslim countries....

Photos coming soon.

Alot of misinformation in this thread:

These are not PAF aircraft and they did not come for ADEX. ADEX opening ceremony was yesterday, attended by president, and there was no display of JF-17 neither on ground nor in the air.

I mean the title itself is misinformation.

Anyway, 100% confirmed. JF-17 Block 3 of Azerbaijani airforce was presented to Azerbaijani president today.

The source is state news agency.
Yep, These JF17s will help supply oil to the Israelis. Pakistan should halt all weapons systems to Azerbaijan until they stop supplying oil and stop trading with genocdal Israel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back