Babur-Class (MILGEM) Corvette | Updates & Discussion

So PNS 280 is still in Turkey. Seems weapon / sensor integration is still going on for the first babur ?

@Quwa @arslank01
possibly- but to be honest, im not sure how it works out there, i know at KSEW, they just produce hulls and PN Dockyard does wpns+sensor integration, but i guess out there it will be done by the yard, or possibly maybe theyre undergoing some training or whatever

possibly- but to be honest, im not sure how it works out there, i know at KSEW, they just produce hulls and PN Dockyard does wpns+sensor integration, but i guess out there it will be done by the yard, or possibly maybe theyre undergoing some training or whatever
I wonder if the PN's changing the configuration again lol

I wonder if the PN's changing the configuration again lol
i dont think so, last time i visited KSEW basically everything was there, the ships were just waiting delivery to PN dockyard, KSEW was littered with bits and bobs from MBDA lol.

Though, for some reason i have a sneaking suspicion the SMART S MK2, may end up being substituted for CENK-S, though, i will probably be very wrong!

Well in 2019, The CNS met with the deputy SG of Italian procurement and defence industry promotion, the President of the same organization, and the CEO of MBDA Italy for the possible acquisition of AW-101 helicopters..

It is nearly confirmed by ASFAT that Babur Milgem will carry Z-9EC Helicopters
5b4f6436-1798-4766-9dc7-1080bae648d8-min.png

09c3974d-d983-495b-8724-dd8b6bf16070-min.png

Last edited:
Replacement of the Smart S Mk2 with CENK-S would make sense, but i think we already saw Smart S mk2 on Babur (280). Maybe the 2nd two could get this but i would be surprised if the first 2 get CENK-S right out of the gate.

One thing however PN could do, given they probably already purchased the 4 Smart S radars, is to upgrade the F-22Ps with them and move on to CENK-S. China has already integrated Smart-S mk2 in the F-22P via the C28 (Algeria)

Is PN getting additional z9 , just 6 for now plus older heli also needing replacement as the avionics are no longer supported, radar, asw etc

Following options are in discussion or in negotiations..
  • Z9Ds
  • AW - 159

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back