• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Bangladesh Air Force

ghazi52

Think Tank Analyst
Mar 21, 2007
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
1706202304404.png

Avicenna

Oct 17, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I agree with @Afif opinion. BAF's focus should be on Air denial.

And that require a combination of Aircraft & SAM based AD.

TBH I strongly believe neither Typhoon nor Raffle properly fits Bangladesh's defence need.

The critical threat for BAF do not come from enemy aircraft’s rather from enemy standoff strike (cruise& ballistic missile, land or air launched)

So a doctrine cratered around dispersed operation in break of hostilities suits us perfectly.

I am stromg supporter of Gripen for this very reason.

Also one big missing part in our discussion always was how we integrate and utilise the vast air space over Bay of Bengal.

If there is any sign of hostilities, BAF can deploy CAP over BOB with standoff & BVR attack capability, supported by AWACS & MPA aircraft’s. These will be assets way out of the reach for our immediate adversaries.

This is where strong surface and air denial capacity for BN comes into play.

Gripen would be perfect.

Dec 18, 2023
I beg to differ. It is not as much about incompetence as you may think. Right now we simply don't have the money for it.

From the 2021 deal signed with Roketsan, Army should start getting delivery of HISAR O+ batteries from this year. (Or next year)

After that they will likely to focus on Long range ehigh altitude air defence system. IMO, opinion by 2030 if they can manage to raise 4x MRSAM Regiments (HISAR O+ batteries) & 1x LRSAM Regiment (I prefer SAMP/T NG. If not, then SIPER block II) It would be decent enough in my book.
bro.HISAR 0+ is still in testing phase.even turkish army don’t have that.and you are talking about bd had made a deal to buy hisar 0+???

Dec 18, 2023
That is true.

But remember. BD doctrine is defensive oriented. The goal is to deter agression as its unlikely to win air-air battle against a materially far superior Indian airforce.

Therefore the BD forces must focus more on air-defence systems. Which is actually happening. But unfortunately too slow. Coming years there will be more and more Turkish origin air defence equipment in BD Army.

OTOH India cannot really win a full scale invasion war in BD. It may take out Air force and ground based air-defence but Indian land army cannot enter BD and hope to defeat the BD Army completeley.
Yes.india can't defeat bd in a land warfare.but they can annex some parts of BD.what if they want to annex northern parts of BD.they can easily take that part if they want.

Afif

Jan 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
bro.HISAR 0+ is still in testing phase.even turkish army don’t have that.and you are talking about bd had made a deal to buy hisar 0+???

In case you weren't following the official press release from SSB, HISAR O+ has entered service with Turkish Army at the end of 2022.

All the tests has been concluded and it is Currently undergoing mass production. (Not to mention, Indonesia has ordered HISAR 0+ interceptors under Trisula air defense program.)

Users who are viewing this thread