Bangladesh celebrates 54th Independence Day today

Afif

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
1711375750025.png

This may be my last message, from today Bangladesh is independent. I call upon the people of Bangladesh wherever you might be and with whatever you have, to resist the army of occupation to the last. Your fight must go on until the last soldier of the Pakistan occupation army is expelled from the soil of Bangladesh and final victory is achieved.

By Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. (Then, legally the Prime Minister-elect of Pakistan and later, president of People’s Republic of Bangladesh.)

1711375800262.png

Mujib's telegram was widely reported on radio on 26 March 1971. M. A. Hannan, secretary of the AL in Chittagong, read out the statement in Bengali at 2.30 pm and 7.40 pm from a radio station in Chittagong. The text of the Hannan's broadcast stated the following.

Today Bangladesh is a sovereign and independent country. On Thursday night [March 25, 1971], West Pakistan armed forces suddenly attacked the police barracks at Razarbagh and the EPR headquarters at Pilkhana in Dhaka. Many innocent and unarmed have been killed in Dhaka city and other places of Bangladesh. Violent clashes between EPR and police on the one hand and the armed forces of Pakistan on the other are going on. The Bengalis are fighting the enemy with great courage for an independent Bangladesh. May Allah aid us in our fight for freedom. Joy Bangla.

1711375857878.png

Declaration of independence by Major Ziaur Rahman. ( Later, the 7th president of Bangladesh )

1711375894508.png

It all started with the Deceleration of Independence on 26 March 1971, and ended on 16 December 1971 with the Total Victory of allied Force. (Mitrobahini)

"Today, I am free to share the unbounded joy of freedom with my fellow countrymen. We have won the freedom in an epic liberation struggle,”

“The ultimate achievement of this struggle is the creation of an independent, sovereign, People’s Republic of Bangladesh of which my people declared me as the President while I was a prisoner in a condemned cell awaiting the execution of a sentence of hanging.”

“No people has had to pay as high a price in human life and suffering for the freedom that has been exerted from the people of Bangladesh. I cannot wait a single moment to return to my people.”

–Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman on 8th January 1972 after his release from Pakistani prison.

@Bengal71 @Joe Shearer @Nilgiri @Oscar @Waz et al.

Last edited:
I sat in our lawn at #2 Loudun Street, Calcutta, and listened to Mujib's speech at Ramna Maidan. What an orator! What a speech! That was the day when Yahya and Bhutto pushed away Bangladesh from Pakistan.

"This may be my last message, from today Bangladesh is independent. I call upon the people of Bangladesh wherever you might be and with whatever you have, to resist the army of occupation to the last. Your fight must go on until the last soldier of the Pakistan occupation army is expelled from the soil of Bangladesh and final victory is achieved."

By Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. (Then, legally the Prime Minister-elect of Pakistan and later, president of People’s Republic of Bangladesh.)

Mujib's telegram was widely reported on radio on 26 March 1971.

@Afif
Please tell me which one should I believe? Your source or from the book named , "Tajuddin Ahmed: Neta o Pita," author is his daughter Sharmin Ahmed!

Screen shot of page 45 and 46.

You and others can download and read the entire book ( Bengali, pdf version) from here

However, if Sharmin Ahmed ( or her father!) took bribe from Pakistan ( like sharmila bose) and wrote this book , then I've nothing to say! :unsure: যস্মিন দেশে যদাচার!

Attachments

• 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    719.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 46.jpg
    46.jpg
    931.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
@Afif
Please tell me which one should I believe? Your source or from the book named , "Tajuddin Ahmed: Neta o Pita," author is his daughter Sharmin Ahmed!

You and others can download and read the entire book ( Bengali, pdf version) from here

However, if Sharmin Ahmed ( or her father!) took bribe from Pakistan ( like sharmila bose) and wrote this book , then I've nothing to say! :unsure: যস্মিন দেশে যদাচার!
তাজউদ্দীন সাহেব যে মুজিবের সাথে এই সব ব্যাপার আলোচনা করেছিলেন এবং যে উনাদের আত্মগোপনের পরিকল্পনা ছিল তা সন্দেহ করবার প্রয়োজন নেই। এটাও মনে রাখা দরকার যে মুজিব কয়েক বছর ধরে পাকিস্তানী আইনত আগরতলা ষড়যন্ত্র অভিযোগে আদালতের চারকাঠে দাঁড়াতে হয়েছিল। মনে রাখা দরকার যে সেই প্রসঙ্গে উনি উনার বন্ধু ও শত্রুর চোখে নিজের সুনাম ও সম্মান বজায় রাখার চেষ্টা করেছেন। '

উনি আগাগোড়া চেষ্টা করেছিলেন যে পাকিস্তান বজায় থাকুক, উনি চান নি যে উনার হাতেই দেশভঙ্গ হয়। শেষ মুহুর্থ অবধি মুজিব চেষ্টা করেছিলেন ভুট্টো'র সাথে এবং ইয়াহিয়া'র সাথে কোনো না কোনো মিটমাট করবার চেষ্টা করেছিলেন।

প্রশ্ন দাড়ায়ে, মুজিব কি শেষে মানসিক আর শারীরিক ক্লান্তিতে অবশ হয়ে পড়েছিলেন, এবং তাজউদ্দীন সাহেবের সাথে তৈরি করা পরিকল্পনা ত্যাগ করেন? হতে পারে; আমরা কেউ জানিব না, মুজিব নেই, তাজউদ্দীন সাহেব নেই।

শারমিন আহমেদ সাহেবা'র কথা মতোই চলতে হবে। মনে রাখা দরকার উনি কিন্তু নিজে বাড়িতে উপস্থিত ছিলেন না, নিজেই লিখছেন যে দু দিন আগেই উনি এবং উনার বোন উনাদের পিসিমা, অর্থাৎ খালা'র বাড়ি চলে গিয়েছিলেন।

There is no need to doubt that Tajuddin Sahib discussed all these matters with Mujib and that they had a secret plan. It is also important to remember that Mujib had to stand trial for several years under Pakistani law on the Agartala conspiracy charges. It should be remembered that in that context he tried to maintain his reputation and honor in the eyes of his friends and enemies. '

He tried his best to keep Pakistan alive, he did not want the country to be divided by his hands. Until the last moment Mujib tried to make some sort of reconciliation with Bhutto and with Yahya.

The question is, did Mujib finally succumb to mental and physical exhaustion, and abandon the plan made with Tajuddin Sahib? may be; None of us will know, no Mujib, no Tajuddin Sahib.

Sharmin Ahmed Saheba's words should continue. It must be remembered that she herself was not present at home, writing herself that two days ago she and her sister had gone (= been sent) to their Pisima's, that is, aunt's house.

@Afif

একটি দৃষ্টিভঙ্গি'র থেকে বলা যায় যে বাংলাদেশের স্বাধীনতা ঘোষণা ৭ই মার্চেই হয়ে থাকে, পরবর্তী ইয়াহিয়া'র সাথে আলোচনা শুধু উভয়ের চোখে অসম্ভব মত মেলানো'র প্রচেষ্টা মাত্র।

পরের দিন যখন মুজিবের বাড়িতে সৈন্য দল পৌঁছায়, উনি তো ঐখানেই শান্ত ভাবে অপেক্ষা করছিলেন।

From one point of view, it can be said that since the declaration of independence of Bangladesh took place on March 7, the subsequent discussion with Yahya was only an attempt to reconcile the impossible in the eyes of both.

When the troops reached Mujib's house the next day, he was quietly waiting there.

[Additional note: The arrest was apparently done by Brig. Zaheer Alam Khan, as he recounts in his vivid memoir The Way It Was.]

Last edited:
He tried his best to keep Pakistan alive, he did not want the country to be divided by his hands. Until the last moment Mujib tried to make some sort of reconciliation with Bhutto and with Yahya.

This is true.

তাজউদ্দীন সাহেব যে মুজিবের সাথে এই সব ব্যাপার আলোচনা করেছিলেন এবং যে উনাদের আত্মগোপনের পরিকল্পনা ছিল তা সন্দেহ করবার প্রয়োজন নেই। এটাও মনে রাখা দরকার যে মুজিব কয়েক বছর ধরে পাকিস্তানী আইনত আগরতলা ষড়যন্ত্র অভিযোগে আদালতের চারকাঠে দাঁড়াতে হয়েছিল। মনে রাখা দরকার যে সেই প্রসঙ্গে উনি উনার বন্ধু ও শত্রুর চোখে নিজের সুনাম ও সম্মান বজায় রাখার চেষ্টা করেছেন। '

উনি আগাগোড়া চেষ্টা করেছিলেন যে পাকিস্তান বজায় থাকুক, উনি চান নি যে উনার হাতেই দেশভঙ্গ হয়। শেষ মুহুর্থ অবধি মুজিব চেষ্টা করেছিলেন ভুট্টো'র সাথে এবং ইয়াহিয়া'র সাথে কোনো না কোনো মিটমাট করবার চেষ্টা করেছিলেন।

প্রশ্ন দাড়ায়ে, মুজিব কি শেষে মানসিক আর শারীরিক ক্লান্তিতে অবশ হয়ে পড়েছিলেন, এবং তাজউদ্দীন সাহেবের সাথে তৈরি করা পরিকল্পনা ত্যাগ করেন? হতে পারে; আমরা কেউ জানিব না, মুজিব নেই, তাজউদ্দীন সাহেব নেই।

শারমিন আহমেদ সাহেবা'র কথা মতোই চলতে হবে। মনে রাখা দরকার উনি কিন্তু নিজে বাড়িতে উপস্থিত ছিলেন না, নিজেই লিখছেন যে দু দিন আগেই উনি এবং উনার বোন উনাদের পিসিমা, অর্থাৎ খালা'র বাড়ি চলে গিয়েছিলেন।

There is no need to doubt that Tajuddin Sahib discussed all these matters with Mujib and that they had a secret plan. It is also important to remember that Mujib had to stand trial for several years under Pakistani law on the Agartala conspiracy charges. It should be remembered that in that context he tried to maintain his reputation and honor in the eyes of his friends and enemies. '

It would have been in Bangladesh's interests to be a part of United Pakistan provided Pakistan was run by sane people.

looking at history and even at this forum it was the right decision

@Joe Shearer, 7 March independence wasn't declared actually! Look at the sentence, "জনগণের প্রতিনিধির কাছে ক্ষমতা হস্তান্তর করতে হবে," it clearly means that he wanted to handover the power to him ; I find no reason to blame him for this , as he was the rightful PM of Pakistan!

About Sharmin Ahmed, if she is in her aunt's house awami leaue govt should challenge her and refute her arguments! Since everyone is Razakar who oppose propaganda of Awami league , then she and her family also should be declared Razakar officially by this regime. But they are surprisingly silent on this issue!

I would say there was only one declaration of independence and that was by Ziaur Rahman whom Hasina nowadays call a Razakar!

Well if Razakar means traitor ( it means volunteer, but in Bangladesh we take the word for traitor) , I would say he was a traitor against ruling West Pakistan!

So when Mujib surrendered after Pakistan army started crackdown in the middle of the night, Ziaur Rahman declared independence , by revolting against Pakistan armed force authority!

Later in another declaration he said that he is declaring independence on behalf of sheikh Mujibur Rahman!

The problem is nowadays evidences ar hard to come by, as online websites are under Awami government control and they are manipulating history!

However here is an article where this author provided some references from various books that supports the claims! Since it's from a third party website, so maybe you would want to check the references by yourself by reading those books directly! @Afif can also check if he has these books!

Now again 7 March, final speech was ( not counting joy Pakistan, as I've no solid reference) , "এবারের সংগ্রাম আমাদের মুক্তির সংগ্রাম, এবারের সংগ্রাম স্বাধীনতার সংগ্রাম।"

But this video refuted this claim by adding a cut piece of a video of Mujibur Rahman's own voice!

All of you can check it if it's his real voice or not! Please watch the whole video thoroughly ( @Afif you too, there is no harm if you watch) ! Many video and text references are here from various books written by Mujibur Rahman's close people!

Here you will also find how happily Mujib Family was living in Dhaka under Pakistani protection ( while people were dying fighting Pakistan army)!

It also explains that 6 points was actually favorable for unity of Pakistan, it has nothing to do with independence, that BAL claims nowadays!

I don't deny Mujibur Rahman's work for Bengalis before independence, but during independence I find his no contribution other than leaving people alone under Pakistan invader army's sharp claw,who started operation searchlight, and then declaration of independence was inevitable by rebellious patriots!

Now read this article, they are trying to make it a criminal offence if someone argue about declaration of independence!

Hence I think I should not push further, since it's clear that this govt will stay in power forever!

Last edited:
হ্যাঁ, তবে তিনি নিশ্চয় তাঁর পিতার মুখ থেকে পরে শুনেছিলেন। আর আওয়ামী লীগ সরকার কিন্তু উনাকে চ্যালেঞ্জ করে নি, যদিও নিজেদের লেজে পা পড়লে সবাইকেই আওয়ামী লীগ জাতে তুলে দেয়। ইনসিকিউরড লোকজনই এতটা অ্যাগ্রেসিভ হয়, আর বর্তমানে আওয়ামী লীগ হল চেতনা বটিকা খাওয়া একদল ইনসিকিউরড হিপোক্রিট দিয়ে তৈরি একটা দল, যদিও এই বটিকার কার্যকারিতা কমে গেছে অনেক, তবে সেটা ভিন্ন বিতর্ক!

She might have learned it from her father Mr Tajuddin Ahmed later! Actually insecured people are such agrresive like Awami league, when someone challenge them or something goes against them, they become very agrresive, and keep defaming them by tagging them Razakar!

Yes nowadays awami league is a party made by insecure hypocrits who have swallowed freedom war spirit Tablet , but that's different argument!

Last edited:
Congratulations to the better half of the Indian Muslim independence movement on the day they secured their final independence from colonialism, racial discrimination and oppression.

I sat in our lawn at #2 Loudun Street, Calcutta, and listened to Mujib's speech at Ramna Maidan. What an orator! What a speech! That was the day when Yahya and Bhutto pushed away Bangladesh from Pakistan.

Yep, his oratory skills were through the roof. IMO, oratory skill wise he is comparable to Churchill ( a piece of turd as a human) and Hitler. Difficult to understand for people of non-Bengali speaking background.

হ্যাঁ, তবে তিনি নিশ্চয় তাঁর পিতার মুখ থেকে পরে শুনেছিলেন। আর আওয়ামী লীগ সরকার কিন্তু উনাকে চ্যালেঞ্জ করে নি, যদিও নিজেদের লেজে পা পড়লে সবাইকেই আওয়ামী লীগ জাতে তুলে দেয়। ইনসিকিউরড লোকজনই এতটা অ্যাগ্রেসিভ হয়, আর বর্তমানে আওয়ামী লীগ হল চেতনা বটিকা খাওয়া একদল ইনসিকিউরড হিপোক্রিট দিয়ে তৈরি একটা দল, যদিও এই বটিকার কার্যকারিতা কমে গেছে অনেক, তবে সেটা ভিন্ন বিতর্ক!

Yes, but she must have heard it later from her father. And the Awami League government did not challenge her, even though if their tails are trodden underfoot, the Awami League uplift everybody. Insecure people are so aggressive, and currently Awami League is a group made up of insecure hypocrites cut by the blade of conscience, although the effectiveness of this cut has decreased a lot, but that is a different debate!

It is mandatory to provide an English translation of anything posted other than in English.

Please find that translation in post #13.

It is mandatory to provide an English translation of anything posted other than in English.

Please find that translation in post #13.
Done , as much as I could! However I forgot to add that awami league should challenge her, and the edit option is no longer available!

How long edit option available, please inform me!

@Joe Shearer

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back