Bangladesh Socio-Political Crisis 2024

India this, India that.. how abt they focus on fixing their country.. always want a scape goat for their failure to build a nation.. similar to how some Indians blame all their issues on the British or muslims

BD needs to focus on how it can improve itself rather than obsessing about what India may have done in the past or doing now.

Self confident countries focus on how to move forward and pay less attention to external influence/meddling.

Sorry, I don't agree. If external forces are interfering with our internal processes and actively trying to sabotage our recovery and to restore it's puppet back to power, there is absolutely no way we can turn a blind eye to it.

What you are suggesting is what a pacifist country would do and completely impractical for Bangladesh in the neighborhood we live in.

India this, India that.. how abt they focus on fixing their country.. always want a scape goat for their failure to build a nation.. similar to how some Indians blame all their issues on the British or muslims

Your government openly backed an autocratic murderous regime in our country for the last 15 years and you expect us to forget your government's role all of a sudden?

If that's the case why do you guys obsess over Pakistan and China all the time?

BD needs to focus on how it can improve itself rather than obsessing about what India may have done in the past or doing now.

Self confident countries focus on how to move forward and pay less attention to external influence/meddling.

Do not misunderstand me. I am not saying we should ignore their verbal diarrhea.

Do not misunderstand me. I am not saying we should ignore their verbal diarrhea.

I did not.

Verbal open attacks should be responded to in a calm rational fashion but obsession and speculation about “interference” is unhealthy.

Sorry, I don't agree. If external forces are interfering with our internal processes and actively trying to sabotage our recovery and to restore it's puppet back to power, there is absolutely no way we can turn a blind eye to it.

What you are suggesting is what a pacifist country would do and completely impractical for Bangladesh in the neighborhood we live in.

The problem I see here is that it is Indians who had been controlling the narrative as far as Bangladesh goes over the past 15 years. See those Indians talking to Americans and other Westerners regarding Bangladesh? That is underlying problem. They (Westerners) view Bangladesh through the lens of New Delhi while not acknowledging the actual issues that impact us here. This needs to change, especially with their maid in charge gone who has been shutting us up all these years.

We need to control that narrative. The truth. The issues that truly impact us.

And when I say, "let them be", I mean let them do it. We can see what they are all about. The more, the merrier. They do not realize the damage they are inflicting in the long run.

The Bangladeshi diaspora has a very crucial role to play here.

I did not.

Verbal open attacks should be responded to in a calm rational fashion but obsession and speculation about “interference” is unhealthy.
Oh are plotting something, alright. There's a chance that something may hijack this revolution. We have seen this play out in Egypt and elsewhere in the Middle East.

Luckily, Dr. Yunus is a highly exceptional individual. I do worry for the long run though. And this interim government is still very fragile. They did try a judiciary coup while Dr. Yunus was in Rangpur.

Oh are plotting something, alright. There's a chance that something may hijack this revolution. We have seen this play out in Egypt and elsewhere in the Middle East.

Luckily, Dr. Yunus is a highly exceptional individual. I do worry for the long run though. And this interim government is still very fragile. They did try a judiciary coup while Dr. Yunus was in Rangpur.

BD has far more national structure and cohesion than any ME State.

No offence to them but BD nation cannot be toyed around with like ME ones are by the rulers.

If external forces are potentially involved with killing of our 57 army officers,
Coming to a pre-determined conclusion is not going to help. This is based on the complaint of an official investigator that he did not get sufficient cooperation from the establishment during this investigations. How flimsy is that? What is 'sufficient'?

Coming to a pre-determined conclusion is not going to help. This is based on the complaint of an official investigator that he did not get sufficient cooperation from the establishment during this investigations. How flimsy is that? What is 'sufficient'?

You know sometimes I think BD'shis think that the big bad Indian wolf is hiding under their bed each night.

They do love their little "external devil" to somehow explain away BD's own failings as a state.

Most of BD's problems are almost totally self-inflicted due to emotion and not being able to have a difference of opinion without slander, torture and sometimes outright murder.

Indian strategic interests actually lie in a prosperous and stable BD and not the other way round - i.e prosperity and security of NE States is dependent on BD to a large extent. Once people realise that then they will stop trying to find Indian "meddling" in anything that goes wrong in BD.

Coming to a pre-determined conclusion is not going to help.

I didn't.

If they are not, then cool.

This is based on the complaint of an official investigator that he did not get sufficient cooperation from the establishment during this investigations. How flimsy is that? What is 'sufficient'?

Though, there are troubling accusations. Several former army officers coming Forward with things that they couldn't say before. The families of the victims are as well. Hopefully, truth will come out in the end. (Though, they destroyed much of evidence) And we sincerely hope, it is not what we are fearing. The last thing we need, is a blood feud with India.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back