Chinese Military - General News

You never need to make 100,000 shell a day, you don't just fire them from the factory, which mean you need someone or something to transport 100,000 shell a day from the factory floor to the frontline. Because they don't magically appear on the frontline if you make them, it's not Field of Dream "if you make it, they will come"

The volume of fuel you need to just bring 100000 shells to the frontline everyday would be huge. Otherwise, it would just be stuck somewhere near the factory floor.

The need for supplies was not dictated by how many you can make, but how many shell you need and how many shells you can supply to the frontline.
Agreed transportation cost and logistics effort did not even strike my mind.... Its huge....

I found this claim cartoon funny
Why an earthwould you make 100000shells a day
Why waste billions dollars when 99% of those won't be used
How many guns lorrys and men you need to operate ridiculously numbers

It's a myth
Produxe drones cruise missiles armour stack choppers FFS

It still seems like an unrealistic production rate.
let make a math. the new rheinmetall 155mm ammo factory at Unterfüss makes 100,000 shells per year (not per day), then production rate increased later to 200,000 per year. to have a production capacity of 100,000 per day the chinese factory is 365 times bigger or 182.5 times bigger. then comes the cost. one 155mm shell (with all components as metall, explosive, igniter) cost 3,600 euros (reail price to Ukraine army). let assume China has the people, money and lands, 1 factory alone would produce artillery shells worht 360 million euros per day. lets assume chinese work 5 day weekx, they will produce shells worth 90 billion euros in peacetime.

realistic?

well, I don´t know.

let make a math. the new rheinmetall 155mm ammo factory at Unterfüss makes 100,000 shells per year (not per day), then production rate increased later to 200,000 per year. to have a production capacity of 100,000 per day the chinese factory is 365 times bigger or 182.5 times bigger. then comes the cost. one 155mm shell (with all components as metall, explosive, igniter) cost 3,600 euros (reail price to Ukraine army). let assume China has the people, money and lands, 1 factory alone would produce artillery shells worht 360 million euros per day. lets assume chinese work 5 day weekx, they will produce shells worth 90 billion euros in peacetime.

realistic?

well, I don´t know.

What the article and the video say is that it has the capacity to produce that many shells per day, not that it is producing shells at that efficiency.

Secondly, the price you say the price of artillery shells is at peacetime prices. If the industrial powers went into general mobilization, the price of a shell would only be equal to a bit of iron ore and a bit of gunpowder.

Total war is a direct confrontation of industry, manpower and resources, not money printing.

The cost of labor no longer has a value after total mobilization; it will flow according to the allocation of the government, not according to the command of capital.

Last edited:
What the article and the video say is that it has the capacity to produce that many shells per day, not that it is producing shells at that efficiency.

Secondly, the price you say the price of artillery shells is at peacetime prices. If the industrial powers went into general mobilization, the price of a shell would only be equal to a bit of iron ore and a bit of gunpowder.

Total war is a direct confrontation of industry, manpower and resources, not money printing.

The cost of labor no longer has a value after total mobilization; it will flow according to the allocation of the government, not according to the command of capital.
Then let’s hope no full blown war ever happens between the NATO and Russia or China. Will become very ugly otherwise. Rheinmetall can increase production rate 100 times over that’s not a problem at all. Just give a number: Germany produced 1,162 submarines in Ww2. China is a manufacturing monster you are another caliber China production capacity surpassing Germany by wide margins.

Then let’s hope no full blown war ever happens between the NATO and Russia or China. Will become very ugly otherwise. Rheinmetall can increase production rate 100 times over that’s not a problem at all. Just give a number: Germany produced 1,162 submarines in Ww2. China is a manufacturing monster you are another caliber China production capacity surpassing Germany by wide margins.
Humanity should be spending its productivity on freeing our civilization from the bonds of gravity and reaching out to the vastness of the stars in search of endless resources. Not killing each other for a pittance in our blue home.

How many 155 mm rounds India currently got in her inventory that DDG-80 so eager to BOOM across into China?

How many 155mm rounds India seeking to contract to other countries and how many can those other countries make for India?

Anything like that 100,000 rounds that China can make in just one day now? and at that, not even at war footing.

Still wanna go BOOMING with big guns that you contracted to buy and cannot even make yourself?

laughing-hysterically.gif
in case of emergency India can produce around 60k per day, told by someone very very close to the Indian military ..

by the way, below are the major producers

1722846596453.png

Humanity should be spending its productivity on freeing our civilization from the bonds of gravity and reaching out to the vastness of the stars in search of endless resources. Not killing each other for a pittance in our blue home.
I see no hope. Yes humans shall be better than animals. at least thanks thru thousand's years of evolution.
On topic this sort of mass production of artillery shells is good for a great land war between a nuclear and non nuclear state, like Russia and Ukraine. But any war between the NATO and Russia will go nuclear within weeks. because either side fears a nuclear decapitalition strike by the other side.
The russians have never demobilized its land attack potentials because they have hostile ambitions against Europe.
In the case of China, you perhaps know better if Ccp has similar ambitions in far east.
Otherwise makes no sense to build up huge artillery potential.

Arty shells are a favorite of terrorist and insurgent groups to rig and use as mines and bombs. China should be careful there is no proliferation.

in case of emergency India can produce around 60k per day, told by someone very very close to the Indian military ..
Do you have any sources to support this?

I see no hope. Yes humans shall be better than animals. at least thanks thru thousand's years of evolution.
On topic this sort of mass production of artillery shells is good for a great land war between a nuclear and non nuclear state, like Russia and Ukraine. But any war between the NATO and Russia will go nuclear within weeks. because either side fears a nuclear decapitalition strike by the other side.
The russians have never demobilized its land attack potentials because they have hostile ambitions against Europe.
In the case of China, you perhaps know better if Ccp has similar ambitions in far east.
Otherwise makes no sense to build up huge artillery potential.
A country has always wanted to launch a war against China. Countless legislators have mentioned in their speeches that they will launch a war against China.
We need sufficient military equipment to protect us. You should know that our current military equipment is still insufficient, we need more.

lol, even full-blown war don't need 100,000 round a day.

Think about it like this, beside the logistic effort you need to bring those shell to the frontline (A truck can carry about 1000 round each (or 5 tons), you need 100 trucks per day just to bring them to and from somewhere.)

Each gun can fire around 1000-2500 rounds before the barrel wear out (M777 failure rate is at around 2000), let's say you have 1000 guns on the field 100,000 rounds would mean you need to also bring 1000 spare barrel every 10 days for you to change out of to sustain that firing rate, that another hundred or so truck.

Both these combine, you will need a logistic system so big that you probably will end up putting 80/20 or even 90/10 tooth to tail ratio. That's like 15-20% of normal logistic limit (usually at 30/35 to 65/70)

A country has always wanted to launch a war against China. Countless legislators have mentioned in their speeches that they will launch a war against China.
We need sufficient military equipment to protect us. You should know that our current military equipment is still insufficient, we need more.
I don´t know what "country" you have in mind. there are only 2: Russia and America. the question is who is the murder, and what motive? if you ask me the answer is clear.
I know too little to say if China military equipment is insufficient or not, I think it is sufficient, the better question is PLA is capable or not. but again, I don´t want to comment on chinese military. like 99% of Vietnamese we don´t want to comment on China army. ok for me to make comment on economy or EV or chicken rice.

lol, even full-blown war don't need 100,000 round a day.

Think about it like this, beside the logistic effort you need to bring those shell to the frontline (A truck can carry about 1000 round each (or 5 tons), you need 100 trucks per day just to bring them to and from somewhere.)

Each gun can fire around 1000-2500 rounds before the barrel wear out (M777 failure rate is at around 2000), let's say you have 1000 guns on the field 100,000 rounds would mean you need to also bring 1000 spare barrel every 10 days for you to change out of to sustain that firing rate, that another hundred or so truck.

Both these combine, you will need a logistic system so big that you probably will end up putting 80/20 or even 90/10 tooth to tail ratio. That's like 15-20% of normal logistic limit (usually at 30/35 to 65/70)
But I doubt that conflict between the US and China will be localized It will spread all along the Asian front from Korea, Okinawa, Burma, Thailand, and Malaysia. China will be fighting the whole collective West with Korea and Japan included.

She has no choice but to intervene in Thailand and Malaysia to guarantee the Malacca Straits. Therefore it will be multi front You don't know what you are talking about. China has one of the largest trucking industries in the world both in terms of size and production capacities There are hundreds of truck manufacturers

But I doubt that conflict between the US and China will be localized It will spread all along the Asian front from Korea, Okinawa, Burma, Thailand, and Malaysia. China will be fighting the whole collective West with Korea and Japan included.

She has no choice but to intervene in Thailand and Malaysia to guarantee the Malacca Straits. Therefore it will be multi front You don't know what you are talking about. China has one of the largest trucking industries in the world both in terms of size and production capacities There are hundreds of truck manufacturers
huh? What that have to do with anything I said? In fact, if you are looking at multiple front (toward Malaysia no less) then the logistic problem will be amplified.

Also, we aren't talking about how many truck China can produce, as the same line as how many shells China can produce, that's beside the point, what I am talking about is the resource you need to bring that shell or truck or whatever to the frontline. First rule of logistic, for every can of fuel you bring to the frontline, you need 3 can of fuel to bring that can of fuel to the frontline, and it amplified exponentially as the logline expanded, as those 3 can of fuel would need another 9 to sustain it, it doesn't matter if China have 10000 or 1000000 truck, that is not the point, where do you get the men, food, fuel to keep bringing them to the frontline is the issue here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back