Chinese SAC - FC-31/J-35 5th Gen Stealth Aircraft

The Globaltimes and SCMP won't be any faster or more accurate than the PDF.

If you want to get news about China as fast as possible, Douyin and Weibo are the fastest channels. But it requires you to know some Chinese and some Chinese web specific phrases.

Well I am expecting something which is a good news, validate what @Deino use to say to fanboys and probably have some disappointments for fanboys, based on wordings of Deino. Let's see what's come out.

@Michael do you have something exciting news at your end which you can't share on public forums? (I am not asking the actual news but only do you know something exciting new information on J35/31?)

Well I am expecting something which is a good news, validate what @Deino use to say to fanboys and probably have some disappointments for fanboys, based on wordings of Deino. Let's see what's come out.

@Michael do you have something exciting news at your end which you can't share on public forums? (I am not asking the actual news but only do you know something exciting new information on J35/31?)
I haven't followed the FC-31 too closely.
There is too much disinformation on the Chinese web that needs to be identified very carefully. I usually only follow the more reliable sources.

Cross posting from the other thread:

Guys, I think I have a surprise… just give me a bit more time to be sure - and you know what that means for me ;) - but I’m sure you will like it.

Guys, I have to apologise: Firstly because I kept you in suspense longer than I originally thought and even more because I didn't find the certainty that I always set for myself as a benchmark. :confused:

Please share it fast

... but you're right, enough waiting; so first just the facts and then my interpretation: I have information from a very reliable source that at the end of August four J-35/31s were spotted simultaneously on the factory premises in Shenyang.

The interesting thing about it - and this is the weak point - is that I'm not exactly sure what they are exactly: I actually thought that the J-35 could be distinguished from the land-based version J-31 or whatever it's called, mainly by its larger wingspan and slightly different wing geometry. The gap between the wing and the tail unit is not visible anyway due to the low resolution.

Unfortunately, this is not as clear as I thought, but my "impression" is that three of the machines are the same and one is different... it's just that I would assume that only one is a naval version J-35 and the other three are more likely J-31 (?).

I'll add a little extra knowledge.

In China, almost all important industries are state-run organizations. In order to keep enough competitive pressure on these firms, there are usually more than 2 firms in the same field that are in internal competition. 624 and 606 are such a relationship.
606: Shenyang Engine Research Institute.
624: China Gas Turbine Research Institute.
They both belong to Aero Engine Corporation of China. In the field of national key projects, they are in cooperation with each other; in the field of regular projects, they are in competition with each other.

Special Note: Competition among these organizations is so intense that they will not voluntarily cooperate with each other until the government or the parent company is strongly involved. The winner of these competitions will determine the level of investment in them by the Government or the parent company. And even the dominance in further integration in the future. So these competitions are far more brutal than regular business competitions.

WS15 is a cooperative project between 606 and 624. 614, 410, 430, 113 and other organizations are also involved in the WS15 project. It is a national key project.

WS19 is a project of 624. Of course, there are some other organizations involved in the project. But there is no indication that 606 is involved in WS19.

WS10 is 606's project.

China's first demonstration of TVC technology was the J10B TVC. it used the WS10 series engine. This shows that 606 has TVC technology very early, now it is further optimization of TVC technology.

SAC, which makes the J-35, and 606, which has TVC technology, are both located in Shenyang, But they are not part of the same system or the same parent company. the J35 program is also not very much related to 606.
Therefore, whether or not the J35 project uses TVC technology depends on when 624 mastered TVC technology.624 may have developed TVC technology on its own, or it may have acquired TVC technology by way of a technology exchange with 606. But, there is no evidence to surface that 624 has mastered TVC technology.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back