Discussion: Assassination of Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran

Isn't this because of the Iranian warning around GPS?

Yesterday Iranian airspace had hundreds of planes passing by, just like what we see passing by in Iraq at the moment. Not sure its the weather or the time of flights or related to upcoming spanking of terrorist Israel.

Edit…….

thats why it is important to hit when it matters. When you waste too much time planning, even your well wishers will start giving you the lecture of peace

I think one can assume that Iran would have plans already in place for an immediate response to any such events it could regard as a provocation, so the delay in acting out must be due to other factors, probably related to what kind of a counter-reaction it could provoke.

Israel did not, based on turkish intel claim, it was done with Indian Raw from Indian embassy. i am surprised there were no cameras installed around the premise. Might be a collaboration between internal iranian govt and Indian agents.
an Israeli twitter account posted about the assassination way before it became news. Besides, Iran openly accused Israel.

Iran is giving impression that every time it finds itself in crisis like situation, it take a lot of time to plan and execute its response. At this level, when the threat and enemy is already known, shouldn't there be plans A,B,C... already in place and executed to deal with such scenarios?

Most ridiculous. Israel did a special op inside the middle of Tehran. Why should we show mercy to the enemy just because Putin wishes us to? If we don’t do something big in return, it means we never intended to
Is this not the case with IR always?

If the Soleimani and Zahedi operation was a show why do you think this time it will be different?

Iran is giving impression that every time it finds itself in crisis like situation, it take a lot of time to plan and execute its response. At this level, when the threat and enemy is already known, shouldn't there be plans A,B,C... already in place and executed to deal with such scenarios?
From what I see, this does not happen. What always ends up happening is an escalation by Israel without prior warning, with Iran preparing to respond in a proportionate manner to Israel's escalation. This preparation ends up being the most problematic part of Iran's responses. It even seems that Iran is not prepared enough to respond to any aggression from Israel, unless it has prior warning.

Is this not the case with IR always?

If the Soleimani and Zahedi operation was a show why do you think this time it will be different?
They were military men, this time they killed a politician, in Iran. I can’t recall if Israel ever did this before.

Politicians, whether they are IRI, US, German or whatever country politicians, don’t care about the population. We are all collateral damage. Up to now, politicians in Iran were safe, not anymore. That’s why I think this time could be different.

But from what I’ve seen, we’re not prepared for any kind of serious confrontation with anyone

Air Force F-22 Raptor Fighters Are Headed to Iran's 'Doorstep'

F-22 Raptors on the Way The squadron of F-22 Raptors will join three combat aircraft squadrons already deployed to the Middle East, including an F-15E Strike Eagle an F-16 Fighting Falcon fighter squadron, and an A-10 Thunderbolt Close Air Support ( CAS) squadron.
F-22: up to 24 aircraft
F-15: up to 24 aircraft
A-10: up to 25 aircraft

USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71): 48 fighters
Carrier Air Wing 11
VFA-25: 12 F/A-18E
VFA-154: 12 F/A-18F
VFA-34: 12 F/A-18E
VFA-211: 12 F/ A-18E
VAQ-137: 7 EA-18G

USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72): 48 fighters
Carrier Air Wing 9
VFA-14: 12 F/A-18E
VFA-41: 12 F/A-18F
VFA-151: F/ A-18E
VMFA-314: 12 F-35C
VAQ-133: 7 EA-18G

What is the composition of the LHD-1 air wing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back