Discussion: Assassination of Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran

I think one can assume that Iran would have plans already in place for an immediate response to any such events it could regard as a provocation, so the delay in acting out must be due to other factors, probably related to what kind of a counter-reaction it could provoke.
I don't believe Pres. Putin would make such a request. He is keen on engaging the US and the West on a second front albeit via proxy, and so is China for that matter. If it is true, he wants to give the impression to Israel that they are not their enemy directly or indiretcly, even if it is just lip service

I don't believe Pres. Putin would make such a request. He is keen on engaging the US and the West on a second front albeit via proxy, and so is China for that matter. If it is true, he wants to give the impression to Israel that they are not their enemy directly or indiretcly, even if it is just lip service

I wouldn't even care to give such stories any credence to begin with, except to say that every nation, including Russia, will do only what serves their own national interests. Russia is already mired in Ukraine so adding more complexity is likely the last thing it wants to its plate at this time.

From what I see, this does not happen. What always ends up happening is an escalation by Israel without prior warning, with Iran preparing to respond in a proportionate manner to Israel's escalation. This preparation ends up being the most problematic part of Iran's responses. It even seems that Iran is not prepared enough to respond to any aggression from Israel, unless it has prior warning.

That is the issue, when the enemy is known and got reckless tendencies, there should be 24*7 vigil and response ready. Almost like fighter jets ready in pen on ADA duty. One cannot stop the attack, but response should be almost immediate. Iran is not thinking this Israeli problem in pure military terms. Its more of a political issue as far as I can see.

That is the issue, when the enemy is known and got reckless tendencies, there should be 24*7 vigil and response ready. Almost like fighter jets ready in pen on ADA duty. One cannot stop the attack, but response should be almost immediate. Iran is not thinking this Israeli problem in pure military terms. Its more of a political issue as far as I can see.
Yes. That may be the case. Geography must play a key role in this, as Israel is far enough away from Iran to carry out any major attack, and the Iranian leadership views this in a way that orients toward minimal military preparation, even in the face of evidence of enemy escalation.

Edit…….

thats why it is important to hit when it matters. When you waste too much time planning, even your well wishers will start giving you the lecture of peace

This is why it's become a joke at this point. Let's let Israel's allies all gather up, and then we strike with a hundred missiles just to be shot down to hit a tree in an empty air base, just for the jets to return later.

Is tonite the night?

Unlikely, with Iran meeting with Arab countries tommorrow it seems that Iran will not attack tonite either. Their response time is glacial. As it’s been a week since the assassination.

It’s 11 PM in Tehran let’s see what iran does

Airlines still flying good -
The delay and vacillating has allowed the positioning of enough air defense that even if 2000 aerial threats emerge they wont get through.

Im not encouraging a response but at this point Iran has lost the window for any effective response unless it wants to get people to expend Sams as it wastes its weapons for a show back home.

Hezbollah is going to get the Hamas treatment soon because the Netenhitler is not going to stop.

Airlines still flying good -
The delay has allowed the positioning of enough air defense that even if 2000 aerial threats emerge they wont get through.
last time 9 / 100 missiles got through even with massive telegraphing and using mostly older missiles

without telegraphing and using only 2020+ missiles should increase that to 20%+ even in the first wave with peak Israeli ABM capability

but indeed, the longer we wait, the more missiles have to be deployed to achieve the same objective...

last time 9 / 100 missiles got through even with massive telegraphing and using mostly older missiles

without telegraphing and using only 2020+ missiles should increase that to 20%+ even in the first wave with peak Israeli ABM capability

but indeed, the longer we wait, the more missiles have to be deployed to achieve the same objective...
It was a damp squib - if you think about it - killing 1 man is to kill another man. A targeted assassination might send a better(and possibly more fearsome) message than a missile barrage.

At the end, the genocidal maniacs in charge of Israel right now are getting exactly what they want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back