Discussion: Assassination of Ismail Haniyeh in Tehran

Historic moments upcoming ☄
Yes, and the Iranian govt/officials are obviously very patient and timely, unlike some Iranian members on this forum. Same Iranians who criticize Salami did so because they just didnt like what he said- they obviously only know and understand probably 5% of what he knows, especially in moments like this. #Respect expertise

@Persian Gulf several days after Iran declared it will respond to Israel's assassination, we decided topple our own oppressive regime, and then the next day we gone out in the streets, fought with blood and fire and brought down the evil Hassina regime. Then came back to see if Iran has responded yet. I see you guys are still 'preparing'.

"Iran is so slow with responding to Israel'- ALL the Muslim and Arab countries on earth that have never seriously considered attacking Israel or the costs of doing so.

Iran has done and is preparing for what is literally impossible for the vast majority of Muslim countries- these Muslim countries should let Iran do its thing, after all, only Iran know what it takes to attack Israel, do so successfully, and protect against retaliation.

I read one report that Khamenei asked military officials to improve their defensive measures at key sites in preparation for the strike

that is a somewhat feasible explanation for the delay

mean while you could pay a child $10 to fly a FPV into any base in iran untouched even after the “preparations”.

You would think being under the threat of war since 2005 and all these Hollywood esque war games and speeches, would mean this country was rapidly prepared to deal with a scenario of quick response.

These guys couldn’t even stop some 15 year olds rioting.

Iran’s rapid response forces are called the Gahshte-Er-shad —a rapid special forces trained to detect women’s hair sticking out of their hijab in all environments and weather conditions.

I am wondering now what will the target be of the retaliation. The amount of time taken means they will have to use overwhelming force to pierce through the missile defence. Or are they planning something unorthodox, like using a container ship to fire a volley of suicide drones to its target.

That is exactly how Iran responds. Over exaggerated theatrics is their calling card.

They can do the shadow game (cultivate foreign legions and build up miltias and weapon transfers) very well. But the direct conflict game they are very novice and phobic. And I’ll add their spy v spy game is god awful.
I understood that back when I saw the Qaher 313. The Mullahs have neglected or misapplied conventional war-fighting, cohesive R&D and intelligence capabilities to preserve their seats and ideology and focused on proxies by manipulating the poor & stupid everywhere on religious lines or asymmetric systems which is fine for limited skirmishes and causing havoc in failed states like Syria, Lebanon and Pakistan but useless when someone actually hits back.

F-22: up to 24 aircraft
F-15: up to 24 aircraft
A-10: up to 25 aircraft

USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN-71): 48 fighters
Carrier Air Wing 11
VFA-25: 12 F/A-18E
VFA-154: 12 F/A-18F
VFA-34: 12 F/A-18E
VFA-211: 12 F/ A-18E
VAQ-137: 7 EA-18G

USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN-72): 48 fighters
Carrier Air Wing 9
VFA-14: 12 F/A-18E
VFA-41: 12 F/A-18F
VFA-151: F/ A-18E
VMFA-314: 12 F-35C
VAQ-133: 7 EA-18G

What is the composition of the LHD-1 air wing?
In addition to the F-22 squadron arriving in the coming days, the DoD also transferred an F/A-18 squadron from the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt to a regional partner base yesterday, according to a DOD official - WSJ

I don't believe Pres. Putin would make such a request. He is keen on engaging the US and the West on a second front albeit via proxy, and so is China for that matter. If it is true, he wants to give the impression to Israel that they are not their enemy directly or indiretcly, even if it is just lip service
You have to remember that Putin also has Israel as a strategic ally and many businesses. Russia has a lot to lose from a full-scale war in the Middle East. And the US knows this too. The destruction of Iran or the Iranian regime would kill Russian influence in the Middle East.

Flightradar is showing lots of Israeli planes in Beirut airport and flying over Lebanon. Must be a lot of gps jamming in the area.

Israel's Channel 12 reports that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) are beginning preparations to conduct a large wave of preemptive strikes against targets belonging to Hezbollah and the Axis of Resistance forces in Lebanon!

The first of many USAF C-17As heavy transports begin arriving at Al Udeid air base. These are likely support elements for the F22s en route to the UK, along with other reinforcements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back