Egyptian Military Industries & Products

The SC

INT'L MOD
Feb 13, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I'd like to see them get in on this, SC, bro. If there's anything the army really needs to expand its inventory on, it's its IFVs of all types and this is a great start just like you were saying when you opened the Serbian thread in the old PDF. Serbian LAZAR & LAZANSKI IFV/ACV.

View attachment 46811

View attachment 46810
Egypt seemed to be interested in them..or at least some of their tech,,

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Seriously bro

lol, why's that?

Admittedly I don't know much about them, but I know that out of all the huge quantities of armor in the Egyptian armed forces, their IFVs are somewhat lacking in relation to the size of the armored corps. Especially in 8x8s and larger tracked infantry fighting vehicles that can also blast with a 35mm cannon and maybe even remote systems. That's really what I was getting at and since they seem to want to cooperate with Serbia, those two seem like a good start, no?

mulj

Apr 1, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
lol, why's that?

Admittedly I don't know much about them, but I know that out of all the huge quantities of armor in the Egyptian armed forces, their IFVs are somewhat lacking in relation to the size of the armored corps. Especially in 8x8s and larger tracked infantry fighting vehicles that can also blast with a 35mm cannon and maybe even remote systems. That's really what I was getting at and since they seem to want to cooperate with Serbia, those two seem like a good start, no?
Ok, product itself is not advanced expect armor protection degree and number of personal everything else is problematic, engine, drive, gun turret, their army has lot of complains about final product.
Idea of vehicle itself is good but their industry can not support it to make something more than troop carrier with limited combat effectiveness.
If they are willing to share project with you and give you opportunity to tailor it with your own needs and specs then it might be worth but if i am someone in your armed forces who makes decisions i would search for seller and supplier of good engine and undercarriage and on that build all new vehicle in accordance to army needs and long term service plans.

P.s.
One more thing, i am not sure if they could supply more of 20 or 30 vehicles per year, that is also problematic.

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Ok, product itself is not advanced expect armor protection degree and number of personal everything else is problematic, engine, drive, gun turret, their army has lot of complains about final product.
Idea of vehicle itself is good but their industry can not support it to make something more than troop carrier with limited combat effectiveness.
If they are willing to share project with you and give you opportunity to tailor it with your own needs and specs then it might be worth but if i am someone in your armed forces who makes decisions i would search for seller and supplier of good engine and undercarriage and on that build all new vehicle in accordance to army needs and long term service plans.

P.s.
One more thing, i am not sure if they could supply more of 20 or 30 vehicles per year, that is also problematic.

That all that makes a lot of sense. See I didn't know about those issues, the engine in particular that's almost as important as the armor if not more. Without a reliable engine you ain't going anywhere to begin with.

I was just hoping that it wasn't a religious issue, being the past actions of some Serbians committed against Muslims and that aspect. That's been brought up quite a bit on Arabic forums & social media etc., and that's not the right way to look at things in this respect, IMO.

But yeah, like you said, they should maybe buy the rights to the design, flat out and that's it. Then use that to build their own and supply it with all domestic stuff, from the engine to the gun turret to you name it like they did with the Fahd. Helwan factory has tremendous experience in all those fields, then they could have their own 8x8 and heavy tracked IFV.

mulj

Apr 1, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
That all that makes a lot of sense. See I didn't know about those issues, the engine in particular that's almost as important as the armor if not more. Without a reliable engine you ain't going anywhere to begin with.

I was just hoping that it wasn't a religious issue, being the past actions of some Serbians committed against Muslims and that aspect. That's been brought up quite a bit on Arabic forums & social media etc., and that's not the right way to look at things in this respect, IMO.

But yeah, like you said, they should maybe buy the rights to the design, flat out and that's it. Then use that to build their own and supply it with all domestic stuff, from the engine to the gun turret to you name it like they did with the Fahd. Helwan factory has tremendous experience in all those fields, then they could have their own 8x8 and heavy tracked IFV.
I will not lie, that has also influence, they are our enemy regardless of peace treaty and normal life today, i am pretty sure that in future we will have another war with them and i do not want them to prosper and advance to much in military and diplomatic sense.
On the other hand i try to be objective in particular issues beside my own bias.

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I will not lie, that has also influence, they are our enemy regardless of peace treaty and normal life today, i am pretty sure that in future we will have another war with them and i do not want them to prosper and advance to much in military and diplomatic sense.
On the other hand i try to be objective in particular issues beside my own bias.

You see, fellas, this is a Man's Man right here. :) (y)
Of course that has to have something to do with it but at the same time, you brought the technical weight, too, which is equally as important. And neither I or anyone else could ever blame you for having that sentiment, hell it's only natural, if not mandatory.

TBH, that also puts Egypt in a difficult position, diplomatically so to speak. The same dynamic exists with our relationship with India to some extent. Knowing how Modi and his party feel about Indian Muslim and Muslims in general makes it rather difficult to normalize these types of relations.

On the flip side, as much as he's not liked by many of his detractors, that is what Sisi does best - diplomacy. He couldn't give two flying f***s what anyone thinks if he and his subordinates think it's the best thing for Egypt, then that's all that counts. But I understand exactly where you're coming from.

Can I ask you what Bosnians think of Aleksandar Vučić? I'm guessing it's not nearly as bad or much different than how they (and practically the entire world) felt about Slobodan Milošević!

mulj

Apr 1, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You see, fellas, this is a Man's Man right here. :) (y)
Of course that has to have something to do with it but at the same time, you brought the technical weight, too, which is equally as important. And neither I or anyone else could ever blame you for having that sentiment, hell it's only natural, if not mandatory.

TBH, that also puts Egypt in a difficult position, diplomatically so to speak. The same dynamic exists with our relationship with India to some extent. Knowing how Modi and his party feel about Indian Muslim and Muslims in general makes it rather difficult to normalize these types of relations.

On the flip side, as much as he's not liked by many of his detractors, that is what Sisi does best - diplomacy. He couldn't give two flying f***s what anyone thinks if he and his subordinates think it's the best thing for Egypt, then that's all that counts. But I understand exactly where you're coming from.
I have no illusions about nature of international relations and do not allow myself to think that someone will put interests of foreign country before their own regardless of sentiment and connections, we see brutal example of it right now.

Can I ask you what Bosnians think of Aleksandar Vučić? I'm guessing it's not nearly as bad or much different than how they (and practically the entire world) felt about Slobodan Milošević!
I would say he is highly intelegent sociopat but coward in nature and only awareness of changed regional conditions and international relations prevent him to be much worse then him, pretty sure he would gladly repeat what milosevic attempted and he basically has same policy as him but in more perfidious and hidden ways trying to achieve by political means what his predecessor could not by war. On the other hand he plays pretty well game balancing between west and russia in way that west pampers him with money and investments in order to not turn completely into russian client state in balkan and on the other hand not taking any harmful commitment towards western official policies about russia.

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I would say he is highly intelegent sociopat but coward in nature and only awareness of changed regional conditions and international relations prevent him to be much worse then him, pretty sure he would gladly repeat what milosevic attempted and he basically has same policy as him but in more perfidious and hidden ways trying to achieve by political means what his predecessor could not by war. On the other hand he plays pretty well game balancing between west and russia in way that west pampers him with money and investments in order to not turn completely into russian client state in balkan and on the other hand not taking any harmful commitment towards western official policies about russia.

Wow! That's is something else. I'm not surprised at all. I think the way you described him and his hidden intentions make all the sense in the world, just by what I've seen of his actions and the limited political aspects I've seen from him so far. I can see how he plays the diplomatic circuit and how he could be doing that to his own, personal reasons and convictions being a true Serbian brought up under the likes of Milosevic & co. Wow, very intense stuff there, Muji basha.

What do you think about all this, SC bro? I know it won't make much difference with the way Egypt approaches its military cooperation, but did you have an inkling that this is what we're dealing with as far as Vučić's true intentions? Buttering Sisi up with a beautiful, hand-made rifle as a gift and really playing the diplomacy game like a pro, but possibly with double standards?

mulj

Apr 1, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Wow! That's is something else. I'm not surprised at all. I think the way you described him and his hidden intentions make all the sense in the world, just by what I've seen of his actions and the limited political aspects I've seen from him so far. I can see how he plays the diplomatic circuit and how he could be doing that to his own, personal reasons and convictions being a true Serbian brought up under the likes of Milosevic & co. Wow, very intense stuff there, Muji basha.

What do you think about all this, SC bro? I know it won't make much difference with the way Egypt approaches its military cooperation, but did you have an inkling that this is what we're dealing with as far as Vučić's true intentions? Buttering Sisi up with a beautiful, hand-made rifle as a gift and really playing the diplomacy game like a pro, but possibly with double standards?
Let me answer before SC give his opinion , i do not think that he has some hidden intentions in international relations beside west he pretends that he is someone else to them, all others are fair game i would say for two main reasons, some cash influx and internal image, so far best result he has with UAE he made some shady deals with them which initially boosted his popularity.
What he does basically when deals with so called world in developement and serbia as country is riding on infrastructure and legacy of Tito, Naser, Nehru movement which is far from todays realities but it is great starting point as that movement had certain social impact and people remember it in fond nostalgic way. But as country serbia can offer far far less what former yugoslavia could but they will never tell that of course.

Ghostkiller

Dec 17, 2023

As far as IK, Aleksander Vučić was in far right ultra-nationalistic party as @mulj and he had instance against the Muslims and other Balkan pop like Croatia etc... But now, he wants to show to the world that his new party are moderate and that they de-nationalized their ideas

mulj

Apr 1, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
As far as IK, Aleksander Vučić was in far right ultra-nationalistic party as @mulj and he had instance against the Muslims and other Balkan pop like Croatia etc... But now, he wants to show to the world that his new party are moderate and that they de-nationalized their ideas
More or less something like minus lot of nuances :).
Anyway, sorry guys for divergence from main topic i will not jeopardize it anymore with balkan stuff.

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
More or less something like minus lot of nuances :).
Anyway, sorry guys for divergence from main topic i will not jeopardize it anymore with balkan stuff.
No man, no worries. I was the one who asked you and I have security thread clearance from @The SC anyway LOL so nothing to worry about. It's all good and in many ways, quite related to what's happening since this Serbia technology transfer seems to be a serious thing that has a big chance of happening. It would make a lot of sense to understand the entire picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts