Exports exceed $5b for third straight month

I don't have much issue with your comment but other Bangladeshi member is religious bigot who made such comment

@Waz another Hinduvta troll ruining a thread on Bangladesh.

Last 3-4 comments explain that Bangladeshi members are back with their khayali pulao , why not add @Bilal9 in your day dreaming club too. Why is he toiling on that defensepk dead forum.

Goodness me for a first post? The rest was ok but this would annoy every Bengali user. You've said your piece here on this thread.

What is this “economic complexity” nonsense that some keep highlighting all the time?

Yes BD does need to diversify exports, which is actually happening as non-garment exports are growing faster than garments for many years now. You cannot see the significance yet as the non-garment exports are coming from a tiny base.

Now if you look at the domestic economy then areas like light engineering, electronics, pharma and IT are dominated by BD companies.

Exports are not usually the bulk of a country’s economy but its domestic sector. Yes BD does rely on exports to get forex to buy oil and other commodities but this is natural at this stage of its development.

What is this “economic complexity” nonsense that some keep highlighting all the time?

Yes BD does need to diversify exports, which is actually happening as non-garment exports are growing faster than garments for many years now. You cannot see the significance yet as the non-garment exports are coming from a tiny base.

Now if you look at the domestic economy then areas like light engineering, electronics, pharma and IT are dominated by BD companies.

Exports are not usually the bulk of a country’s economy but its domestic sector. Yes BD does rely on exports to get forex to buy oil and other commodities but this is natural at this stage of its development.

What’s the purpose of sex?

Religious people say it is for procreation.

Non religious people say it is for achieving orgasm.

“economic complexity index” - is your orgasm.

I favour job creation - garments is the cheapest way to create millions of jobs.

Cost of each job by any other means is just prohibitive.

Bangladesh needs to grab 50% of Chinese textiles exports.

That would be enough to take BD to upper middle income status.

I read $5 Billion in exports and immediately assumed that the news was about Bangladesh. Damn PDM and their pathetic handlers.

What’s the purpose of sex?

Religious people say it is for procreation.

Non religious people say it is for achieving orgasm.

“economic complexity index” - is your orgasm.

I favour job creation - garments is the cheapest way to create millions of jobs.

Cost of each job by any other means is just prohibitive.

Bangladesh needs to grab 50% of Chinese textiles exports.

That would be enough to take BD to upper middle income status.

Without a doversification program, BD won't even reach "middle income" status.

Yes grab as much of the garments market as possible while at the same time creating those higher value and higher skilled jobs in pharma, engineering, electronics and IT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back