Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

Washington Post: Netanyahu — who is increasingly at odds with his top security officials over his insistence that Israel should press militarily against Hamas rather than accept a ceasefire and hostage release — appears to have changed his terms for a potential deal after Biden publicly floated a plan he said would... Obtained approval from Israel.

As an Israeli analyst himself said some months ago: 'One rocket from Gaza will have the same affect as 50 rockets'. (Paraphrased).

Was he referring to those rockets being shot down? I honestly think the 90% success rate for Iron Dome is exaggerated. The Palestinian and Lebanese resistance have found ways of bypassing the Iron Dome. One tactic is reducing the angle of the launch pads, that way Iron Dome radars don't get a chance to predict the final destination of the rockets.

This morning, all of the Hezbollah drones reached their targets as they were flying low, and the Iron Dome couldn't prevent it. The Houthi drone that hit Tel Aviv did the same thing.

And from the idea of facing the right with the right.

Hamas decided to be sharp in its choices and choose the architect of the October 7 attack to be the leader of the movement, succeeding Ismail Haniyeh.

It chose to embrace internal radicalism rather than external pragmatism

Was he referring to those rockets being shot down? I honestly think the 90% success rate for Iron Dome is exaggerated. The Palestinian and Lebanese resistance have found ways of bypassing the Iron Dome. One tactic is reducing the angle of the launch pads, that way Iron Dome radars don't get a chance to predict the final destination of the rockets.

This morning, all of the Hezbollah drones reached their targets as they were flying low, and the Iron Dome couldn't prevent it. The Houthi drone that hit Tel Aviv did the same thing.

I don't know what exactly the Israeli analyst was referring to. My guess would be about the 'fear factor'. A population of a rich country has to feel 'totally safe' and they can't even bear a little 'swoosh' going over them even once a month. I saw on an Israeli website today that the latest Hezbollah attack (today, I think) caused some injuries, maybe one death, and two 'anxiety' attacks. Hahahahaha!!!

The Iron Dome is indeed Doomed. How long can an expensive system like that be used to counter the Second World War cheap Katyushas??

Hamas' election of Sinwar is a strong message of challenge to Israel, support and solidarity with its leader in the Gaza Strip, and shows the unity of word, thought and decision. It is as if they are shouting with one voice: The October 7th decision is not Sinwar's decision alone, but rather it is everyone's decision. We all decided.

Channel 13 analyst comments on Hamas’ announcement: “Hamas has chosen the most dangerous person to lead it.”

Yes, Sinwar is Israel's nightmare and a threat to its existence. Announcing his election is a powerful blow and a counterattack. None of the analysts and politicians in Israel expected Sinwar to be chosen as leader of Hamas because of his siege in Gaza and the difficulty of his movement. What happened was an earth-shattering surprise. The Hebrew media and accounts express their anger with insults and threats after their shock.

The Political Bureau of the Hamas Movement is the leadership of the Hamas Movement or the executive authority of the movement. It consists of an executive committee of 18 members, including a chairman and a deputy, elected by the movement’s Shura Council. It was headed by Ismail Haniyeh before his martyrdom, and today Sinwar represents him as president.
Yahya Al-Sinwar was a member of the Political Bureau and former leader of Hamas in Gaza. Now he has become head of the Political Bureau of Hamas, and this is the highest position in the movement.

The Shura Council is the main political body with 50 members that plays the most important role in decision-making in the Hamas movement. This body includes representatives from the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, and other representatives, prisoners in Israeli prisons, in addition to the exiled foreign leadership. It represents something similar to a parliament, which chooses through voting the political bureau, its president, and its deputy.

The members of the Shura Council are chosen by voting and internal Hamas elections. Hamas members in Gaza, the West Bank, the diaspora, and the prisons are the ones who choose the members of the Shura Council.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back