GIDS - Global Industrial Defence Solutions

HIMARS isn't just a system, but a doctrine. With HIMARS, you'd quickly fire off your missiles in a canister, dump the canister, move, and then load a new canister. You need pre-designated or pre-set launch points with canister stores ready to go for the HIMARS system to use.

Pakistan's system is similar to HIMARS in that it involves different types of guided rockets (230 mm, 400 mm, possibly 122 mm one day), but it doesn't seem to have the modular canister/pod mechanism. So, the Pakistani system may fire several rockets, move to a different location, fire again, and repeat until it runs out of ammunition. The re-load process would probably require more time than the HIMARS as it's entire point is to have modular pods/canisters ready to load.

I was thinking, can PN make use of locally produce HIMARS (Fatah-II). I searched and found idea is already out there since long (https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/trecms/pdf/AD1176127.pdf)

Fatah-II launcher should not take much space on warship and perhaps can be used against enemy coastal positions / radars / ports and perhaps against even the enemy fleet just to confuse the enemy air defense. Just giving an idea on naval application for Fatah-2, not sure at the moment of its effectiveness though.

I was thinking, can PN make use of locally produce HIMARS (Fatah-II). I searched and found idea is already out there since long (https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/trecms/pdf/AD1176127.pdf)

Fatah-II launcher should not take much space on warship and perhaps can be used against enemy coastal positions / radars / ports and perhaps against even the enemy fleet just to confuse the enemy air defense. Just giving an idea on naval application for Fatah-2, not sure at the moment of its effectiveness though.
Put it on a landing craft, and fry your opponents? Why not?

Two different type of rockets. One with bigger diameter that was displayed as Fatah-2 before, now part of Fatah-1 system or just different size model of the same rocket?
I think the range of the Fateh rocket can be increased by reducing the warhead from 250kg to 150k and making some other minor modifications & it was earlier being called Fateh-2 now the 250km version will probably be called Fateh-1A.

Two different type of rockets. One with bigger diameter that was displayed as Fatah-2 before, now part of Fatah-1 system or just different size model of the same rocket?
Exactly as you noted two different diameters of rockets but what calibers they belong is the main question my guess FATHA-1 is +180 mm caliber FATHA-1A might be <300 mm while FATHA-2 is >400mm it's better if someone calculate it from the release pictures and videos

What is to say this is not already under works? Alot of systems being developed for Naval use.

Exactly as you noted two different diameters of rockets but what calibers they belong is the main question my guess FATHA-1 is +180 mm caliber FATHA-1A might be <300 mm while FATHA-2 is >400mm it's better if someone calculate it from the release pictures and videos
Don't fall for the names released publicly.

It's more like how it goes in the army, " if your superior calls the day a night, it shall be a night."

We could have hoped for that much to be made clear in an expo display but you know that’s too much to ask for. 🙂

Reactions: HRK
Fatah 1 and 1A are 400mm its tel is similar to ws2d along with arrangement of boxes on the canisters, also the no.of canisters, got this guess by counting the boxes on canisters and tels are also same.
Fatah 2 could be in category of Fire Dragon rocket like 600-800mm
for reference see this video of ws2d.

Fatah 1 and 1A are 400mm its tel is similar to ws2d along with arrangement of boxes on the canisters, also the no.of canisters, got this guess by counting the boxes on canisters and tels are also same.
Fatah 2 could be in category of Fire Dragon rocket like 600-800mm
for reference see this video of ws2d.
Dear I am aware of this video and I still remember when Fatha-1 was tested first time I check this video during my search regarding the origin of the system if you remember Indian too were propagating that Fatah-1 is "repainted" A-100 or WS-2 as it use to have same TEL as WS-2 but I found that launch tubes of Fatah-1 is longer then WS-2 and range was just 20 km extra than A-100 so it was neither a repainted WS-2 nor A-100.

I posted the same thing on the previous defence.pk forum.

Now please check the aerodynamic configuration of the rocket in the below attached screenshot from the same video which you shared in your post and the aerodynamic configuration of rockets shown the picture of FATAH-1 & FATAH-1A both are different
Screenshot_20240204-182334.jpg
20240203_230551.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back