GIDS - Global Industrial Defence Solutions

Am i correct in assuming that FATAH II is Pakistans own version of HIMARS ?

Seems to be a good anti-dote to the S400 ... each announcement from Pakistan seems to push the S400 further and further away from Pakistan in practical terms ..

Seems to be a good anti-dote to the S400 ... each announcement from Pakistan seems to push the S400 further and further away from Pakistan in practical terms ..
S-400 has shown poor performance in Russia Ukraine war against Ballistic Threats.
Barak-8 is a real threat .It has intercepted multiple Iskander M ballistic missiles in Armenia-Azerbaijan war

I have something better than an impression. It is on paper right now, undergoing design cycles.
Wasn't it supposed to fly at the end of 2023? 😂

So basically 5 years away.
If the final product is somewhat Future oriented then it's actually good
We are not in any dire situation regarding drones.let them take their time.
I have something better than an impression. It is on paper right now, undergoing design cycles.

We have somewhat good UAV fleet now so they can actually go for somewhat riskier design.

HIMARS isn't just a system, but a doctrine. With HIMARS, you'd quickly fire off your missiles in a canister, dump the canister, move, and then load a new canister. You need pre-designated or pre-set launch points with canister stores ready to go for the HIMARS system to use.

Pakistan's system is similar to HIMARS in that it involves different types of guided rockets (230 mm, 400 mm, possibly 122 mm one day), but it doesn't seem to have the modular canister/pod mechanism. So, the Pakistani system may fire several rockets, move to a different location, fire again, and repeat until it runs out of ammunition. The re-load process would probably require more time than the HIMARS as it's entire point is to have modular pods/canisters ready to load.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back