HAL LCA Tejas: Updates, News & Discussions

Pakistan should reveal the identity of doosra banda who died in CMH Rawalpindi to expose India and also display the wreckage of Su-30MKI.
Maybe the Mods should first look into as how many fake IDs you hold... maybe you should ask Modi as even after having over 250 Su-30s why was he still crying for a few Rafales. Maybe also find out how many thousands of dollars did Christian Fare charge you just to put an egg on your face . Lol

Last edited:
LCA [the smallest fighter in the drills] showed size does not matter. The aircraft proved its capabilities in realistic combat settings as part of both [friendly] ‘blue force’ and [hostile] ‘red force’,” Chaudhari said at a media briefing on the conclusion of the first phase of the exercise at the Sulur airbase near Coimbatore.

Tejas Mk1 performed very well in the just concluded Phase 1 of Exercise Tarang Shakti.

Tejas Mk1 was used in both 'Blue' force as well as part of 'Red' aggressor force against Eurofighters and Rafales as well as IAF's Su-30MKIs.

French and Luftwaffe Chiefs of Staff flew in the twin seat Tejas Mk1

LCA proved it's mettle in Tarang Shakti drills, says IAF Chief

The locally built Tejas light combat aircraft (LCA Mk-1) proved its mettle in Tarang Shakti 2024, the largest multilateral air combat exercise to be hosted by India, while executing a variety of missions along with bigger and modern global fighter jets, Indian Air Force (IAF) chief Air Chief Marshal VR Chaudhari said on Tuesday.

“LCA [the smallest fighter in the drills] showed size does not matter. The aircraft proved its capabilities in realistic combat settings as part of both [friendly] ‘blue force’ and [hostile] ‘red force’,” Chaudhari said at a media briefing on the conclusion of the first phase of the exercise at the Sulur airbase near Coimbatore.

The chiefs of the French and German air forces, General Stephane Mille and Lieutenant General Ingo Gerhartz flew in the LCA Mk-1 on Tuesday. Also, Chaudhari and Spanish air force chief Air General Francisco Braco Carbo flew in the Su-30.

Major Alexis Galouzeau, 38, a French Air Force Rafale pilot who flew missions with and against the LCA Mk-1, was impressed with the capabilities of the Indian fighter jet. “It has fantastic manoeuvrability and can carry out a variety of missions,” he said.

Some footage from AFS Sulur, but the most important bit of news from Shiv Aroor in this video...

IAF is all set to order 97 more Tejas Mk1A from HAL. Order cost could be in the range of INR 67,000 crores (nearly USD 7.98 billion).

This is very likely going to be the biggest single fighter jet order placed by the IAF in it's history, higher in cost than even the Rafale deal.

For India to order another 97 Tejas several things come to my mind

1 They feel Tejas is good option for.next three decades and that our adversaries will still be fielding majority 4th generation fighters
2 Tejas will add no's and low cost
3 Tejas can be further improved

I have always felt the Tejas with a high end USA engineAesa radar new generation bvrs and small radar cross section will be too.good for most of the current Pakistan air force I'm talking
Thunders
Older F16s
F7 and Mirages
Only the j10,0may be superior even this is maybe
I also don't see Pakistan air force changing massively over the next decades
Ten years time I see j31 added but small.nos and another small.batch of j10

Hence I see why India is happy to induct alot more Tejas

For India to order another 97 Tejas several things come to my mind

1 They feel Tejas is good option for.next three decades and that our adversaries will still be fielding majority 4th generation fighters
2 Tejas will add no's and low cost
3 Tejas can be further improved

I have always felt the Tejas with a high end USA engineAesa radar new generation bvrs and small radar cross section will be too.good for most of the current Pakistan air force I'm talking
Thunders
Older F16s
F7 and Mirages
Only the j10,0may be superior even this is maybe
I also don't see Pakistan air force changing massively over the next decades
Ten years time I see j31 added but small.nos and another small.batch of j10

Hence I see why India is happy to induct alot more Tejas

What is most important is the Ability to undertake Surge operations

Tejas has carried out 3 sorties per plane per Day in domestic exercises

That is possible with only a Reliable engine and Maintainability

Fifth Generation planes are maintenance intensive

If your 4 th Generation plane can carry out Air Raids again and again and drop Bombs on the enemy ,it is preferable to an Expensive 5 th Generation plane
Which becomes a Hangar Queen

Tejas has carried out 3 sorties per plane per Day in domestic exercises

That is possible with only a Reliable engine and Maintainability
Not just the engine, but our new digital flight control computer’s got flight safety and upkeep totally covered throughout the timeline

Fifth generation planes cannot fly daily any way and the preparation between sorties is too long tok expensive
That's why when Pakistani friends talk about buying kaan and j31 in numbers I pee myself laughing
They have no idea about the cost

Turkey are developing kaan but I hear they are looking to add euro fighters too.. why because they know and understand fifth generation on its own is not practical or feasible
As does India and even USA and china
China will still have over 1000 j10 and flankers in 10/15 years time
India will have over 500 super mki Tejas and Rafales
Israel will still have 300 F15/F16
But these will be Aesa equipped better weapons and better Ew suites etc

Fifth generation planes cannot fly daily any way and the preparation between sorties is too long tok expensive
That's why when Pakistani friends talk about buying kaan and j31 in numbers I pee myself laughing
They have no idea about the cost

Turkey are developing kaan but I hear they are looking to add euro fighters too.. why because they know and understand fifth generation on its own is not practical or feasible
As does India and even USA and china
China will still have over 1000 j10 and flankers in 10/15 years time
India will have over 500 super mki Tejas and Rafales
Israel will still have 300 F15/F16
But these will be Aesa equipped better weapons and better Ew suites etc
F-35 and F-22 Raptors are currently the only fighter jets that are stealthy enough to be classified as true fifth-generation fighters. Indian Air Force would not have rejected Su-57 and pursued the AMCA project if Su-57 were genuinely a fifth-generation aircraft. Although China makes bold claims about the capabilities of its fighter jets, these claims are not taken seriously by the Indian Air Force, Taiwanese Air Force, Philippine Air Force, or Japanese Air Force. As for the KAAN fighter jet, we will only be able to assess its significance once it enters service.
Indian Air Force can only purchase fighter jets that are available for sale, like Tejas and Rafale and Only those jets that are available for sale matter—not those that are still under development.

Indian Air Force has previously claimed that J-20 was detected by PESA radar of Su-30MKI, indicating that it is not stealthy at all. There seems to be a reason why Indian Air Force has never considered J-20 a threat, despite repeated assertions by Chinese media that J-20 is superior to F-22 and F-35. I have also seen Indian Air Force veterans laughing at these claims from Chinese media about their jets.

This Video says that the Delay was due to some Line Replaceble Units from MK 2 added to MK 1A
I am expecting a combat range of 800 kilometers for the Tejas MK1A after its major upgrades, including weight reduction and increased fuel-carrying capacity. It's worth noting that F-16 has a combat range of only 550 kilometers. Additionally, I've read that the 97 additional Tejas MK1B aircraft will come with a retractable refueling probe and an improved cockpit featuring a large single touchscreen multifunctional display, which is currently under development. an additional hardpoint has also been added to Tejas MK1A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back