HAL LCA Tejas: Updates, News & Discussions

Tejas MK1/MK1A programme is almost dead now. We have all seen this film before played out with the Arjun tank saga. Indian Army were due to procure many hundreds, then let it quietly die a death and kept two regiments for show/ego.

Same will happen with Tejas. Two squadrons with semicapable aircraft will be ket alive soo as to not lose face.

Expect all talk now to focus on MK2 and AMACA as the next knight in shining armour for IAF.

RIP Tejas MK1/MK1A
Don't worry it will have better fate than 30 Nos of JF 17 Block 3 !!

Surely they are not impossible but the question is when? In 2037? :ROFLMAO:

And please show me an announced "Chinese wet-dream" esp. a fighter project in recent years that was bombastically heralded all the years like you and your homies constantly do with the Tejas and finally failed!? 🤡
Read the The post you had quoted originally.

For India to order another 97 Tejas several things come to my mind

1 They feel Tejas is good option for.next three decades and that our adversaries will still be fielding majority 4th generation fighters
2 Tejas will add no's and low cost
3 Tejas can be further improved

I have always felt the Tejas with a high end USA engineAesa radar new generation bvrs and small radar cross section will be too.good for most of the current Pakistan air force I'm talking
Thunders
Older F16s
F7 and Mirages
Only the j10,0may be superior even this is maybe
I also don't see Pakistan air force changing massively over the next decades
Ten years time I see j31 added but small.nos and another small.batch of j10

Hence I see why India is happy to induct alot more Tejas

India has little alternative choices, your trying to just console yourself at the moment

You keep mentioning JF17s but they have been flying for almost 20 years now and the block 3s are more then capable of taking on most of Indias air force with Sd10s and PL15s

why not adding a Warp drive propulsion for interstellar flights, a Klingon-disruptor and surely a Romulan cloaking device, so in the end this Mk.1B will make any 6th or even 7th generation fighter useless and India will still have an edge over any potential adversary!

Come on ... now they are delaying the Mk.1A, additional ones are cancelled as it seems, Mk.2 is still years away and you still make wet-dreams?
First of all none of these upgrades are that far fetched as by 2035, nearly all of the newly built 4.5 gen fighters (like Rafale or Tejas Mk 2) would have them, so no need to be a condescending herk.

So incorporating these upgrades in the later batches of Tejas seems like a reasonable "wet dream" to me, otherwise we might end up in same situation as we did in 2010's with Su 30Mki where the later batches of Su 30 MKI became obsolete the moment they rolled down the assembly line.

For Christ's sake even Pakistanis are talking about JF-X or block 4, so I don't see how I am being unreasonable here

Tejas is just a Mig-21 replacement and not a long term project, IAF is more keen on having Tejas Mk.2 as it will provide the firepower they are desiring and might include your desired list.
Tejas is much more than "just" a Mig 21 replacement
As for what IAF is keen on, I am sure IAF wouldn't be so keen repeating the same mistake of not ordering an upgraded variant twice,(or you know nevermind, It's IAF we are talking about, they have made far stupider decisions)

Why waste Time , energy , resources on certification
Because it would be more costly in the long term if we don't, for example a mission computer upgrade would be necessary going into the 2030's and given that Mk1's assembly line will remain active till 2032, wouldn't it make sense to incorporate these upgrades in the fighter from the get go instead of waiting for a MLU and spend extra money, let's not repeat the same mistakes as the last time

Those who keep Harping on the So called failures of Tejas should Remember

You cannot Stop the SUN from Rising by Closing your Eyes

So you are most welcome to enjoy your giggles but Tejas has a Very Bright Future

Secondly Any Comparison to Arjun Tank is Absurd because
Arjun was always a Heavy Tank 60 Tonnes plus and Indian Army wanted a MBT under 50 Tonnes
For 2 reasons

1 ) For Logistics , Maintenance And Transport reasons

2 ) The height and Width of Arjun Tank was larger than T 90

It was deemed to be a Easier target for ATGMs

That Decision has been proved to be a Very Intelligent decision because of the Emergence of Killer Drones

Tejas MK1A with AESA and BVR s and CCMs will be a Top class fighter

Even the Current MK 1 Tejas with a Pulse Doppler Radar was Highly PRAISED by French and German Air Force Professionals
For its Manuverability and Agility In the Recently Concluded Tarang Shakti Air exercises

why not adding a Warp drive propulsion for interstellar flights, a Klingon-disruptor and surely a Romulan cloaking device, so in the end this Mk.1B will make any 6th or even 7th generation fighter useless and India will still have an edge over any potential adversary!

Come on ... now they are delaying the Mk.1A, additional ones are cancelled as it seems, Mk.2 is still years away and you still make wet-dreams?
Off topic,

Star Trek fan? Man, love that franchise...

Tejas MK1/MK1A programme is almost dead now. We have all seen this film before played out with the Arjun tank saga. Indian Army were due to procure many hundreds, then let it quietly die a death and kept two regiments for show/ego.

Same will happen with Tejas. Two squadrons with semicapable aircraft will be ket alive soo as to not lose face.

Expect all talk now to focus on MK2 and AMACA as the next knight in shining armour for IAF.

RIP Tejas MK1/MK1A

Yasser the Pakistanis are inducting j31 in 2/3 years time
And India cannot even get Tejas mark1a induction right
At this rate in the next swift resort say 2029/2030
India will be facing j10 and j31 by sending base line su30mki and mig29/mirage 2000/5

Exactly the same as India sending cold war relics mig21 to chase down amraam.ewipped F16

Nothing will have changed by then even ten years later

How thd hell we let this happen
thorough investigation needs to happen why so dam.incompetent

Those who keep Harping on the So called failures of Tejas should Remember

You cannot Stop the SUN from Rising by Closing your Eyes

So you are most welcome to enjoy your giggles but Tejas has a Very Bright Future

Secondly Any Comparison to Arjun Tank is Absurd because
Arjun was always a Heavy Tank 60 Tonnes plus and Indian Army wanted a MBT under 50 Tonnes
For 2 reasons

1 ) For Logistics , Maintenance And Transport reasons

2 ) The height and Width of Arjun Tank was larger than T 90

It was deemed to be a Easier target for ATGMs

That Decision has been proved to be a Very Intelligent decision because of the Emergence of Killer Drones

Tejas MK1A with AESA and BVR s and CCMs will be a Top class fighter

Even the Current MK 1 Tejas with a Pulse Doppler Radar was Highly PRAISED by French and German Air Force Professionals
For its Manuverability and Agility In the Recently Concluded Tarang Shakti Air exercises

No engines available, no new orders. This project is now finished. The brighter Indian posters on here even realise this and are now talking about MK2 and AMCA....

No engines available, no new orders. This project is now finished. The brighter Indian posters on here even realise this and are now talking about MK2 and AMCA....

There is No Cure for Delusion and Paranoia

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back