HAL LCA Tejas: Updates, News & Discussions

Looks like piss poor project management

I prefer the Pakistan approach to JF17s get the plane inducted and in the air, so the pilots can train and give first hand advice and gain experience, then develop and upgrade

Say what you will about the JF17s but they have been flying and defending Pakistan now for 17 years and have been involved in action against India, Iran and Afghanistan and sold to a few nations with a few more possible options
well chinese are way more smarter and better mangment at mass production and thats why they are where they are today and why india is dragged down like one step forward and three step backwards everytime

You are right in your mentioned point of view. I agree with you in that. But My initial point still exist keeping imported / local manufacturing thing aside. Stealth and other 5th Gen Feature has it's benefits which are huge and these can be work to managed but it's foolishness to think they are useless.

well they had more than a couple of prototyps/models back in 2007-9 which were rejcted by IAF then they went back to drwaing board and by 2011 came back yet again with couple of new designs one of which is almpost identical to what they have flying with a south east asian nation recently .... indian engineers just dont migrate to US or UK ... cheers mate

I think you tag the wrong message. What you said is right but unrelated to my post.

I think you tag the wrong message. What you said is right but unrelated to my post.
well in short engineers at HAL were working on twin engine without vertical tail fin MCAwell before LCA even had its first flight

00.jpg

type 1

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
well chinese are way more smarter and better mangment at mass production and thats why they are where they are today and why india is dragged down like one step forward and three step backwards everytime

Nothing to do with the Chinese, whether we inducted in 2007 or waited another decade for further development, I'm sure the Chinese couldn't care less

India itself has plenty of support and parts made from across the world for Tejas

It's was a choice by the PAF, to get things moving so they could incorporate the knowledge the pilot gained from actual flight experience into developing the plane the way they wanted

Now 2 decades on, a further batch of block 3s is due and PAF are considering buying out the Chinese partner so they could develop the JF17 into the PFX

No, again, you seem to lie with a straight face.

Only 35 planes delivered (5 trainers remain undelivered due to issues), first MK1A expected Nov 24
Tejas has been long steep learning curve we have to admit this
But the eco system built in India was worth the pain
We can't bring ourselves to be totally reliant on one outside help
India due to its enormous size needs home grown Indengious fighters along side smart savvy imports

Tejas will mushroom from 40 to 400 fighters in next two decades with mark two Tejas and Amca arrivals

Tejas has been long steep learning curve we have to admit this
But the eco system built in India was worth the pain
We can't bring ourselves to be totally reliant on one outside help
India due to its enormous size needs home grown Indengious fighters along side smart savvy imports

Tejas will mushroom from 40 to 400 fighters in next two decades with mark two Tejas and Amca arrivals

just pointing out the lies

just pointing out the lies

There's no lies Yasser this is the goal to self sufficiency
If the Indian navy achieved this so
can the air force
Fyi the Indian defense minster is in USA as we speak meeting USA counterpart the engine delay will be resolved sooner than later

There's no lies Yasser this is the goal to self sufficiency
If the Indian navy achieved this so
can the air force
Fyi the Indian defense minster is in USA as we speak meeting USA counterpart the engine delay will be resolved sooner than later

40 planes delivered claim, 35 in real life = lie

Looks like piss poor project management

I prefer the Pakistan approach to JF17s get the plane inducted and in the air, so the pilots can train and give first hand advice and gain experience, then develop and upgrade

Say what you will about the JF17s but they have been flying and defending Pakistan now for 17 years and have been involved in action against India, Iran and Afghanistan and sold to a few nations with a few more possible options

Pakistan model of Inducting Tejas is 50% agreeable but where will JF-17 go from here ? by another 10-20 years Tejas will leap forward from Mk1 to Mk2s & TEDBF, but JF-17 will be adding only blocks to its 17s

Pakistan model of Inducting Tejas is 50% agreeable but where will JF-17 go from here ? by another 10-20 years Tejas will leap forward from Mk1 to Mk2s & TEDBF, but JF-17 will be adding only blocks to its 17s

Why not ask this question in JF-17 thread rather then trying to deflect us from the sad reality of Tejas?

The JF-17 Block III is already on par with the paper specs of your Mk2, and you're saying that will materialize in the next 10-20 years?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The JF-17 Block III is already on par with the paper specs of your Mk2, and you're saying that will materialize in the next 10-20 years?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

a plane which even maker didn't thought about to induct has a future what a joke, secondly If that plane was so advanced then why to buy J-10 ? instead PAF would have directly went with 70+ J-31s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back