How Chinese engineers helped build the US semiconductor empire, 80 or 90 per cent of them have already returned to China

David T. Wong was one of the scientists credited with the discovery of ground-breaking drug Fluoxetine as well as the discovery of atomoxetine, duloxetine and dapoxetine with colleagues.

Justin Kan founded twitch .
Fred Chang – founder of Newegg, billionaire.
Pehong Chen – founder of Gain Technology and Broadvision.
Perry Chen – co-founder of Kickstarter.
Ben Chiu – founder of KillerApp.com.
Tracy Chou – Project Include, former Pinterest and Quora engineer.
Daniel Ha – co-founder of Disqus.
Jerry Yang (born 1968) co-founded Yahoo.
Steve Chen (born 1978) co-founded YouTube.
Eric Yuan (born 1970) founded Zoom
,tony xu founded door dash,
Jensen Huang founded Nvidia.
Yan Huo – co-founder of Capula Investment Management, 8th largest hedge fund in Europe by assets .
Gary Wang Cofounder of ftx.
Also CEO of binance, bybit,okx,and merc we own most of the crypto exchanges
Steve Chen – founder and CEO of Galactic Computing
James Chu – founder, CEO and chairman of ViewSonic, one of the largest computer monitor brands
Alfred Chuang – co-founder BEA Systems (acquired by Oracle for $8.5 billion in 2008
Don't forget David lam the
Founder of lam research check him out.
Min Zhu – co-founder of WebEx (sold to Cisco Systems for $3.2 billion)
Lisa su (CEO of AMD)
Peng Zhao – CEO of Citadel Securities
Patrick Soon-Shiong – founder of Abraxis BioScience and NantHealth, billionaire
Lip-Bu Tan – president and CEO of Cadence Design Systems
Victor Tsao – co-founder of Linksys (sold to Cisco Systems for $500 million)
Bing Yeh – founder of Silicon Storage Technology and Greenliant Systems( micro chip technology very important)

Unlike indians CEO who took over someone else hardwork Chinese Americans are built different.
Sit down homeboy u have a lot more to learn daddy will show you. See how Chinese CEO are mostly founder someone who actually invented things. Give me a break dude .

Last edited:
Feng-hsiung Hsu (許峰雄) – IBM developer of Deep Blue, which beat World Chess Champion Garry Kasparov in 1997
Don't forget burn Jeng lin the god of semiconductor.
Wen Tsing Chow (周文俊) – missile guidance scientist, digital computer pioneer
Chinese founders and engineers are endless I can list a lot more but I'm too lazy right now sheesh. Don't play with me

Last edited:
David T. Wong was one of the scientists credited with the discovery of ground-breaking drug Fluoxetine as well as the discovery of atomoxetine, duloxetine and dapoxetine with colleagues.

Nice but what does this (or some of your other points) have to do with

How Chinese engineers helped build the US semiconductor empire, 80 or 90 per cent of them have already returned to China​

If there were so many tech credits why are you suddenly posting drugs instead of semiconductor related items???? You going to start posting Olympic records too or something?

Last edited:
Nice but what does this have to do with

How Chinese engineers helped build the US semiconductor empire, 80 or 90 per cent of them have already returned to China​

Who said??? I didn't say?? I don't even know if they are still alive. All I said was
"The us is built off the back of chinese engineers."There are only 5 mil Chinese Americans and the result i showed u are endless.

Who said??? I didn't say?? I don't even know if they are still alive. All I said was
"The us is built off the back of chinese engineers."There are only 5 mil Chinese Americans and the result i showed u are endless.

Ok, now you have expanded things from thousands of tech breakthoughs to literally millions of breakthroughs that only have a relatively small percentage of Chinese-Americans behind them.

Airplanes, cars, electricity, jet engines, elevators, phones, radio, vaccines, building engineering, air conditioning, the whole gamut of limitless tech.

Most made with no significant Chinese help.

man-shrugging-shoulders.jpg

Last edited:
Next time any indian wanna talk about only indians are CEO show them my list at least mine has founders too founders are more important cause they actually invented stuff. I'm done with this shit too much posting lol I'ma go take a break

How Chinese engineers helped build the US semiconductor empire: a timeline, 80 or 90 per cent of them have already returned to China

While the US dominates the field of advanced electronics globally, there have been many Chinese academics who have helped this achievement

Chinese scientists and engineers have played a vital role in America’s leadership in the field of advanced electronics. Photo: Shutterstock

Victoria Bela
Published: 6:00pm, 3 Sep 2024

From building the first electronic computer to maintaining a stronghold of semiconductor design, the United States has long shined as a beacon for advanced electronics development.

But behind America’s rise stand many Chinese scientists and engineers whose monumental contributions have largely remained in the shadows.

Gerald Yin Zhiyao, co-founder and chief executive officer of Advanced Micro-Fabrication Equipment Inc China (AMEC) – China’s leading semiconductor equipment maker – recently disclosed a shocking figure about these contributions.

During a show in July run by the Shanghai Stock Exchange and China National Radio Network, he talked about the fact that over the last 40 years, many of the most advanced semiconductor etching machines have come out of Silicon Valley, the centre of US tech innovation.

“When you actually look at the equipment, who’s doing it, it’s actually 70 to 80 per cent Chinese students,” Yin said. He spent decades working in the US and co-founded the Chinese Engineers Association of Silicon Valley in the late 1980s.

But now, “80 or 90 per cent of them have already returned” to China, he added.
Good to hear that Chinese are coming back to China to build it up.

I wish Pakistanis would the same to build up Pakistan.

Don't forget Wong Tsu.The Chinese‑Born Engineer Who Helped Launch US Commercial Aviation
LOL! He was hired to write the specs for a seaplane they wanted to sell the pentagon. He only worked for like 3 months.

Don't forget most of the tallest buildings in China were either designed by US architectural firms or engineering firms.
Here are 9 of the tallest buildings in China

1. Shanghai Tower, Shanghai: Designed by Gensler, an American architecture, design, and planning firm.

2. Ping An Finance Centre, Shenzhen: Designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF), a prominent American architectural firm.

3. CTF Finance Centre, Guangzhou: Also designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF).

4. Tianjin CTF Finance Centre, Tianjin: Designed by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (SOM), another leading American architectural firm.

5. China Zun (CITIC Tower), Beijing: Designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF) in collaboration with TFP Farrells.

6. Shanghai World Financial Center, Shanghai: Designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF).
  7. International Commerce Centre, Hong Kong: Designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF).
  8. Guangzhou International Finance Center, Guangzhou: Designed by WilkinsonEyre, a British firm, in collaboration with Arup.
  9. Suzhou IFS, Suzhou: Designed by Kohn Pedersen Fox (KPF).

Don't forget how the 3 Gorges Dam uses American/European turbine hydroelectric equipment...because Chinese engineers couldn't figure out how to build them.
Bechtel Enterprises provided consulting services to the Three Gorges project in the 1980s.

Turbines and generators for the first 14 generating units of the plant were supplied by two groups of foreign companies, with Alstom-ABB-Kvaerner being responsible for eight units and Voith- Siemens-GE providing the remaining six units.

This is not exactly a one-way street...some of China's biggest achievements that they boast about actually have Americans lurking behind them.

Last edited:
Yuet Wai Kan – pioneer of using DNA to diagnose human diseases, research enabled the Human Genome Project, recipient of Lasker Foundation award in 1991 there are just so many great Chinese researcher in physic and medicine stuff too I have to do abit more research tho lol

LOL! He was hired to write the specs for a seaplane they wanted to sell the pentagon. He only worked for like 3 months.

How about how the tallest buildings in China were either designed by US architectural firms or engineering firms.

Lmao this clown is now talking about building skyscrapers after I have u the guy who helped build us commercial aircraft industry. 🤣 u know who's building your electric buses??? Your rail stations. Want me to show you your state of the art of new york subway station. And your California state of the art high speed rail to nowhere. 16 years only half way done 😂 😂 😂 10 more years maybe u will get it done

How about how the tallest buildings in China were either designed by US architectural firms or engineering firms.

How about how the 3 Gorges Dam uses American hydroelectric equipment.

Buildings are not the most advanced and complex technologies but semiconductors are.

This clearly shows that Chinese 'brainpower' was disproportionately used to build up the US semi-conductor industry over recent decades and now that tap is switched off.

US is still coasting off what it was able to import from the Chinese world but it will soon have to try to grow higher without the Chinese.

Jensen Huang - Chinese(Taiwan)
Lisa Su - Chinese(Taiwan)
TSMC - Chinese (Taiwan)

There is a severe lack of native US talent that was behind US semiconductors over the last 3 decades or so.

Well that's because only major projects around the world are built in china. U are telling me the African union headquarters is built by the us engineers or so many mega projects in Africa,southeast Asia and middle east ? Mega skyscrapers are only being built by China so that's why there are plenty of engineers from around the world in China. Unlike in America they can't even build a high speed rail . 🤣wheres your build back better if you are so good at building. Show me dummy. Who's building Indonesia high speed rail and hanoi Metro? Huh who's going to build a Cambodian canal ??? Even the Thai canal which was proposed they wanted china to build it no country in this world would come to the US to help build anything.thats a fact

Lmao this clown is now talking about building skyscrapers after I have u the guy who helped build us commercial aircraft industry. 🤣 u know who's building your electric buses??? Your rail stations. Want me to show you your state of the art of new york subway station. And your California state of the art high speed rail to nowhere. 16 years only half way done 😂 😂 😂 10 more years maybe u will get it done

OMG! He didn't design that propellor seaplane at all.
Plus Boeing did not invent the propellor plane.

This is classic Chinese trying to take credit for something they didn't do.

Plus I think the skyline China likes to boast about to the world to show they are now "modern" is pretty important. According to your logic It would never be like that without US help.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back