Indian General Election 2024: News & Discussion

I think modi in a decade has
Pushed us the 5th largest gdp from 10th
Pushed out russian reliance on weapons and diversified to USA France and massive push indengious systems
Befriended USA but that was going to happen regardless
Massive in nfrasrcure work
Demonisation avd digitalised with pan cards so less black economy
demonitization was the worst

no UCC

no 2 baby law

no possible now :(

lame duck sa rahega

chalo one last gloat ho hi jae:

Its funny how the exit polls were completely wrong.

"The exit polls showed the opposition may get less than 150 of the 543 seats in the lower house of parliament while the BJP and its allies are set to get more than 350 seats"

What are the policy differences between the two main parties? What issues did Indians vote for?
surprising, but these two questions have different answers.

In terms of policy, there were two sets, again, the set according to the manifesto, and that implicit and declared only by actions.

The electorate has had its own way of looking at things, and seems to have held above policy directions it's own perspective and priorities.

That is the matter reduced to its abstract elements. What will be reported by various Indian sources here will be the defence of the performance of one camp or the other.

Meanwhile, for some, it is time to read all the lame excuses by the most strident voices of day before yesterday, and sit and enjoy to the fullest their somersaults and back flips.

In other words, you may not get a frank assessment on the open forum.
What are the policy differences between the two main parties? What issues did Indians vo

Good for the Pak Deep State as Modi is forming the next government too for it doesn't have to revise its plans....

By the by, the Congress led government would've been more detrimental for Pak...

Good for the Pak Deep State as Modi is forming the next government too for it doesn't have to revise its plans....

By the by, the Congress led government would've been more detrimental for Pak...
Exactly.

Also considering the outcome from Kashmir, BJP didn’t even contest in Kashmir, stuck with Jammu if I’m not mistaken and won there. An end to the old collaborators means the people want change, even if their choices were limited by the Indian process.

National Conference candidate Mian Altaf Ahmad by a huge margin in the Anantnag-Rajouri seat, Abdullah was defeated by former MLA and terror financing accused Sheikh Abdul Rashid alias Engineer Rashid in Baramulla.

What are the policy differences between the two main parties? What issues did Indians vote for?
The two main parties or coalitions to put it correctly didn't offer much.

Indians voted on regional issues and caste lines.

India is if I can say complex, religion, caste, incumbency factor pattern matters more than a unified economic or religious consideration.

Modi/bjp antics about ayodhya were over hyped apparently, they got their biggest loss handed in n UP.

Interesting times though, apparently Hindu wadi propaganda doesnt work, democracy is still alive!

Apart from your dedication to this "deep state" fantasy, how is Congress a detriment for this foreign entity?
Amusing to hear some wild theories.

What issues did Indians vote for?
It was assumed that voters would vote on the amazing economic performance of the government. But clearly no one in any sort of media knows the issues of the Indian voter.

Rahul Gandhi is extremely proud "..people of the country ne saaf bata dia hai k we don't want Narendra Modi"

:LOL:

btw, I was in India couple of weeks ago during MH voting, the ground reality is a bit unpredictable in my area at least. Lot of local vote shuffling between the broken parties, both sides are confident of winning. Plus less turnout due to hellish heat (that was the worst part of my trip).

One thing I noticed is that congress is still pretty incompetent, they are running Hindi ads on Marathi news channels, how stupid do you have to spend all that money on running constant ads (a lot more than bjp from what I saw) and then not have them in the local language.

So what I saw translated into reality, at least in MH, a lot of misinformation among rural voters along with above factors.

Didn't expect that to happen in UP.

Rahul Gandhi is extremely proud "..people of the country ne saaf bata dia hai k we don't want Narendra Modi"

:LOL:
Pappu pappugiri karega nahi to aur kya karega.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back