Indian Navy News & Discussions

What ? how can you compare IN Air arm with PAF ? if you had compared Pakistan Navys airwing with Indian Navy's Air Arm then yes we are better equipped and larger in size.

IN also has outdated 50+ Mig-29Ks and Rafales are under negotiation it will take another 20-36 months to induct it, even if we sign it by end of this year.

TEDBF - have you seen it ?
The TEDBF can be powered by either two GE-F404 engines, the French M88 engine, or an improved Kaveri engine. Therefore, I am confident it won't face delays like the Tejas MK1A, which only has one engine option, the GE-F404.

The TEDBF can be powered by either two GE-F404 engines, the French M88 engine, or an improved Kaveri engine. Therefore, I am confident it won't face delays like the Tejas MK1A, which only has one engine option, the GE-F404.
" I am confident it won't face delays " the sad epitaph of India fighter development....

" I am confident it won't face delays " the sad epitaph of India fighter development....
The TEDBF is a twin-engine fighter jet that can be powered by two RD-33 engines. These engines are manufactured in India under license and through technology transfer. If RD-33 engines are not used, the French M-88 engines are an alternative. Additionally, the Kaveri engine is another option. The issue of engine availability is not a concern for a twin-engine fighter jet. a single-engine fighter jet requires a very high-quality, powerful, and reliable engine, which India currently lacks.

The TEDBF is a twin-engine fighter jet that can be powered by two RD-33 engines. These engines are manufactured in India under license and through technology transfer. If RD-33 engines are not used, the French M-88 engines are an alternative. Additionally, the Kaveri engine is another option. The issue of engine availability is not a concern for a twin-engine fighter jet. a single-engine fighter jet requires a very high-quality, powerful, and reliable engine, which India currently lacks.

This plane seems amazing, is there even a finalised drawing of it yet?

So it's official that the P17B frigates will be joining the P17A frigates, making it a total of 15 multi-role frigates armed with 448 Barak 8 missiles. Adding these to the P15A/B destroyers gives a total of 704 Barak 8 missiles, which will be backed up by VL-SRSAM for the second layer of defense. A contract for 6 NGMVs was signed last year by the GOI, and hopefully, a contract for 8 NGCs will be done by 2025. This will seriously boost our anti-air capabilities. Meanwhile, 4 Tushil-class frigates are getting ready for delivery to the IN. (y)
You think we can fit more VLSAMs with UVLS, or with upcoming other standard missile MRSAM or whatever it's name is.

Last edited:
This is overkill. Single Kolkata class battle group is enough for entire Pakistani surface navy.

Please dont be delusional. There is a limit. By the time TEDBF even flies PAF will have either had 5th gen fighters inducted or close to induction. No way IN air wing with 4.5 gen fighters will over power PAF. There is a limit to even patriotic fervor. You are now going into delusional realm. Either that or you are trolling.

Please dont be delusional. There is a limit. By the time TEDBF even flies PAF will have either had 5th gen fighters inducted or close to induction. No way IN air wing with 4.5 gen fighters will over power PAF. There is a limit to even patriotic fervor. You are now going into delusional realm. Either that or you are trolling.
Tejas MK1A is delayed by 10 years. If US stops supplying engines – although I'm not saying that it has – a nation must always prepare for the worst when it comes to military planning.

Tejas MK1A is delayed by 10 years. If US stops supplying engines – although I'm not saying that it has – a nation must always prepare for the worst when it comes to military planning.
My original point of contention with you is your post that IN can take out PAF. It has nothing to do with mk1a delay or engines.

You think we can fit more VLSAMs with UVLS, or with upcoming other standard missile MRSAM or whatever it's name is.
It has lots of space for upgrade, especially in deck it has more space to add more VLUs.

Why then not taking the RD-93 - which is qualified for single engine operation - into consideration?

Anyway, none your posts make any sense ... to consider a fighter alone to be powered by either the RD-33 (in fact a much dated unreliable engine) or the M88 (not sure if France will ever sell it) is plain stupid.

Why then not taking the RD-93 - which is qualified for single engine operation - into consideration?

Anyway, none your posts make any sense ... to consider a fighter alone to be powered by either the RD-33 (in fact a much dated unreliable engine) or the M88 (not sure if France will ever sell it) is plain stupid.
It's absurd to suggest that France would sell entire Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighter jets to India but not the M88 engines. No country in the world, except the USA, makes turbofan engines reliable and powerful enough for use in a single-engine fighter jet. I don't believe the Kaveri engine will be reliable and powerful enough to power a single-engine jet in the near future. Although HAL claims it would be better than the current GE F404 engine, this is a high expectation from a country that has not yet powered even a drone with an indigenous engine.

It's absurd to suggest that France would sell entire Rafale and Mirage 2000 fighter jets to India but not the M88 engines. No country in the world, except the USA, makes turbofan engines reliable and powerful enough for use in a single-engine fighter jet. I don't believe the Kaveri engine will be reliable and powerful enough to power a single-engine jet in the near future. Although HAL claims it would be better than the current GE F404 engine, this is a high expectation from a country that has not yet powered even a drone with an indigenous engine.

You really should start using your brain ... selling an entire fighter is totally different tto selling engines for an in fact competitor! France knows very well, that without M88 or F414 engines, the TEDBF is dead and so the most likely option will be another purchase of additional Rafales.

So why then selling engines, if the chance is good to sell more Rafales?

And by the way ..

.... No country in the world, except the USA, makes turbofan engines reliable and powerful enough for use in a single-engine fighter jet. ....

China, CAC and the PLAAF have a different opinion! :ROFLMAO: 🤡

J-10C + WS-10B NTC - Zhang Ziang - 3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back