Iran has requested the Pakistan Air Force to provide training for its fighter pilots!

Technology shifts are a factor, but I think there's also been an unsung political rivalry between the IRGC and the Iranian military.

IRGC is about fostering loyalty to the establishment, whereas the Iranian military have mostly been orphaned since the fall of the Shah.

Sanctions have been a factor, sure, but when you look at the Iranian Army, Navy, and Air Force, they're denied of any major platform. Even the modern weapon systems that belong to the air and sea domains are largely used by the IRGC (e.g., fast attack crafts).

I think the bulk of Iran's military capabilities will rest with the IRGC in the future. The traditional military will probably disappear and become some type of national guard for internal security operations, IMO.
While the Iranian Army protects the country's sovereignty, IRGC is largely aimed at defending the Islamic Republic of Iran against internal and external threats.

You got to be kidding ,,, if I have to choose between Iran and Israel I will opt for Israel ..... Iranians are snakes by nature

I'm not kidding, and by you saying Israel just negates anything you said.

According to Wiki the Islamic Republic of Iran Army (IRIA) has 377k active members and a budget of $1.84 billion. Meanwhile, IRGC has 210k active members and 66k paramilitary forces, and a budget of $6.96 billion.

It's weird that they have two militaries but basically IRGC has gain power/clout to the point they are the main show in town, especially because they are the branch that does all of the asymmetric warfare in the region which is the primary Iranian military activity.

and I am sorry to tell you that the "Exchange" has been going on for decades already so what is new here?

This is the graduation ceremony of AJA University of Artesh in Tehran. I hope you identify your countrymen.

4075466.jpg

3065463.jpg

1397121415140724816821874.jpg

1397121415140717016821874.jpg

I think Iranians also go to Pakestani as exchange military officers.
Have you seen me denied that cadets were exchanged???

If a member had posted an official news related to Pak-Iran contact which is a established fact then what was the need to show unnecessarily negative and aggressive attitude???? Read your own very first post on this thread
Feel good BS as usual without any source.

Pakistani military officers attend AJA University of Artesh in Tehran every year, I think some Iranians go to Pakistan in return as well in an exchange program. Not sure.

EP221o1U0AMdaqL.jpg
Attitude of always barking at the wrong tree 🌲 would not earn you any point.

According to Wiki the Islamic Republic of Iran Army (IRIA) has 377k active members and a budget of $1.84 billion. Meanwhile, IRGC has 210k active members and 66k paramilitary forces, and a budget of $6.96 billion.

It's weird that they have two militaries but basically IRGC has gain power/clout to the point they are the main show in town, especially because they are the branch that does all of the asymmetric warfare in the region which is the primary Iranian military activity.
Honestly, if anyone wants to market anything to the Iranian Air Force, it should be a turboprop close air support (CAS) and counterinsurgency (COIN) attack aircraft, similar to the A-29/EMB-314.

IMO, the Iranian Air Force will have a hard time getting a proper fast jet, and domestic politics are as much of a blocker (if not more) than sanctions.

Nothing should've stopped them from buying Russian fighters, or - I daresay - developing their own with covert Russian help. Something's been stopping them and, IMO, it's been the IRGC.

If the IRGC wanted fighter aircraft for its own, it'll get them without nearly as many problems as the Iranian Air Force is having...

HRK comments to me read as a possible "step wise change" of the current programme to a new higher level of co-operation.
In the official release of the video term " Tactical Training"

I'm not kidding, and by you saying Israel just negates anything you said.
You are overwhelmed by the feelings of Islamic solidarity ( nothing wrong with it).....and are willing to forgive Iran for her perfidious behavior during the last few decades ... superiority complex of Iranians and the grudge they nurture against Pakistan for being a nuclear power can't be overlooked .

We are not sure what PAF instructors can do here to help Iran pilots ? Irans Airforce! It’s a flying museum. A lot of the Iranian planes are from the late 1960s and early 1970s. They are the only nation flying the F-14A Tomcat. The also have quite a few F-5 Tiger IIs and F-4 Phantom IIs. They have some newer Russian made fighters most of which are former Iraqi planes from the 1980s.

With iran the situation in the region is more like the phrase " chicken comming home to rooste".
The strategy of using proxies to further iranian agenda is about to blow up on iran face with the comming attack on iran.
Isreal has shown uts ingress into the ranks of iraian proxies n the recent attack of the pager n walkie talkie explosion is just a small demo of how deeply mussad has penetrated the proxies.
Mussad has a even deeper penetration into the iraian state n the murders of the scientists n then of hamas leader is an example of it.
All in all mussad has iran by the balls

We are not sure what PAF instructors can do here to help Iran pilots ? Irans Airforce! It’s a flying museum. A lot of the Iranian planes are from the late 1960s and early 1970s. They are the only nation flying the F-14A Tomcat. The also have quite a few F-5 Tiger IIs and F-4 Phantom IIs. They have some newer Russian made fighters most of which are former Iraqi planes from the 1980s.

The Iranian airforce is a flying museum for sure - but i am sure that China will sell, as they have done in the past with the J-7s.

I do wonder how much of this fleet is operational : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aircraft_of_the_Iranian_Air_Force

Do you actually believe that killing 20 hezb soldiers and injuring 200 innocent bystander civilians with exploding pagers and walkie talkie = hezb has been defeated?

Go see the news that hezb has already avenged this with a mass rocket attack.
Ofcourse not defeated

But weakened

It's a psychological blow that creates complications

Of course god knows best, this could have happened mid battle

With iran the situation in the region is more like the phrase " chicken comming home to rooste".
The strategy of using proxies to further iranian agenda is about to blow up on iran face with the comming attack on iran.
Isreal has shown uts ingress into the ranks of iraian proxies n the recent attack of the pager n walkie talkie explosion is just a small demo of how deeply mussad has penetrated the proxies.
Mussad has a even deeper penetration into the iraian state n the murders of the scientists n then of hamas leader is an example of it.
All in all mussad has iran by the balls
This eventual scenario is not good for Pakistan, I see Pakistan again finding itself between the rock and hard place.

If this happens then Pakistan would be on horn of dilemma similar to Afghan war .....

We do not have such Regional & International clout but in our own national interests we must try to delay such eventual events as much as possible.

Iran should opt for JF-17 thunder block 3 to replace some of their older jets. They desperately need better BVR and avionics, which the JF-17 Block 3 offers. They didn’t now here they are to fight modern wars with Missiles and kamikaze drones.

I hope you do understand that your Air Force is not what it used to be during the Shah's era. Today it is the most vulnerable AF in the whole region. Your missiles alone are not enough to win any war. The sooner you realize it the better.
I would like to say that it is untrue... but unfortunately it is...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back