ShapurII
Trusted Member
Iran will be chocked to death in that scenario.I wonder if Iran's best strategy is low intensity engagement, remaining below certain thresholds, but inflicting steady economic harm to its enemies.
Indeed, a very astute lady Pakistani think tank analyst (sorry I can't recall her name now) on AJ was saying precisely this yesterday - to paraphrase her: that strict escalation management with simultaneous avoidance of confrontational overreach is the likely medium-term outcome.
I believe Iran could sustain that AND rebuild at the same time.
Very precarious position though. And it is probable that certain losses will need to be incurred (e.g. can Hezbollah be realistically re-supplied by Iran now?).
It seems to be - to third party observers - that NEITHER USA, nor Iran can return to their respective pre-war optimums at present. Some harm will be perpetuated for both sides.
Time is running out for Iran. The economy was on the verge of collapse even before the war and now it's even worse. Every passing day is another day of moving towards complete economic collapse, civil war and revolution. Iran doesn't have enough time for low intensity engagement anymore.







