Iran Unveils Arman & Azarakhsh Air Defense Systems

Mehdipersian

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Two sophisticated air defense systems designed and manufactured by Iranian military experts were unveiled on Saturday.​

IMG_20240217_124625_754.jpg
The ‘Arman’ anti-ballistic air defense missile system and ‘Azarakhsh’ low altitude missile system were unveiled in Tehran this morning in a ceremony attended by Defense Minister Brigadier General Mohammad Reza Ashtiani.

The new homegrown missile systems will be integrated into the nationwide air defense network to enhance the country’s aerial defense capabilities.
IMG_20240217_124650_037.jpg
Arman, also known as ‘Tactical Sayyad’, can detect 24 targets at a distance of 180 kilometers and simultaneously engage 12 targets.

It has a short-range self-protection system in one of its silos that makes the weapon immune to low-altitude threats.

Suitable for detonation of targets at medium altitudes, the Iranian air defense system has become more agile since its radars and missile launchers have been merged into a single vehicle.

Iran for the first time showcased a replica of the Tactical Sayyad air defense system at the International Military Forum ARMY-2023 in Russia in August 2023.

Does Iran make the vehicle that carry these systems themselves?

and now they decided 4 is too much and reduced missile numbers to two
These systems do not need a large number of missiles for irregular wars. They must quickly leave their place after firing the missiles

These systems do not need a large number of missiles for irregular wars. They must quickly leave their place after firing the missiles
they must defend against drones . and i assure you who ever send those drones will use swarm tactic

and now they decided 4 is too much and reduced missile numbers to two
Look again. The very first picture in that post shows 4 Azarakhsh missiles mounted on the launcher!

Arman is the first Iranian air defense system that both the radar and its missile launchers are installed on one truck.

It is mentioned that Arman is capable of destroying ballistic targets. I guess there was a misunderstanding when the range was mentioned. I'm looking for more details.

they must defend against drones . and i assure you who ever send those drones will use swarm tactic
That was a test. Obviously judging by the appearance of Azarakhsh, it can carry 4 to 8 missiles.

It is mentioned that Arman is capable of destroying ballistic targets. I guess there was a misunderstanding when the range was mentioned. I'm looking for more details.
Arman missile system can carry short-range missiles, but we have not seen its image yet. This system can launch three types of missiles, Sayad 1 and Sayad 2, and probably the missile shown below:
photo_2022-08-22_22-18-24.jpg
Sayad 1 range:
75 km
Sayad 2 range:
120 km
2378038_412.jpg

Last edited:
Arman missile system can carry short-range missiles, but we have not seen its image yet. This system can launch three types of missiles, Sayad 1 and Sayad 2, and probably the missile shown below:
View attachment 19717
Sayad 1 range:
75 km
Sayad 2 range:
120 km
View attachment 19718
They have mentioned Sayad-3F. You are right, the 27 KM altitude must belong to Sayad-2 not the ABM one.

Does Iran make the vehicle that carry these systems themselves?

Those trucks look low maint./quality which is good cuz their only use is to act as transport/load carrying. So yea they're probably built in house.

Edit 1: Those TEL's might have imported tech/equipment tho. Would be surprised if they were home made also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back