Iranian Air Defence Systems | News and Discussions

If the F-35s are not as good as advertised and can't really penetrate air-defenses as easy as they say, We can shoot a couple of them down then the Iranian air defence systems are going to turn into money printing machines over night. But if the F-35s are really as good as they are advertised then we are f'd in the a.
they are very good but they cannot sustain high sortie rate over that distance without US direct help

I do not know which branches of military service these systems are being employed, whether by the IRIADF or IRGC-ASF.
Mehran is IRGC-AF

I do not know which branches of military service these systems are being employed, whether by the IRIADF or IRGC-ASF.
an easy way to guess
anything that look like buk is irgc . anything that look like patriot is army
Arman is both

IMG_20240418_230937_396.jpgIMG_20240418_230910_155.jpg

IRIADF:
Rapier
FM-80
MIM-23 HAWK
Mersad
Mersad-16
S-200
Talash
15th Khordad
Jooshan
Shahid Arman (PESA variant)
S-300PMU-2
Bavar-373
Majid
Dezful Plus (?)
Zoobin
Azarakhsh

IRGC-ASF:
HQ-2
Kub
Raad-1
Raad-2
Tabas
3rd Khordad
9th Dey
Mehran
Unknown Tabas/Raad-descendant
Sayyad
Shahid Arman (AESA variant)
Tor-M1
Dezful

View attachment 34671View attachment 34672

IRIADF:
Rapier
FM-80
MIM-23 HAWK
Mersad
Mersad-16
S-200
Talash
15th Khordad
Jooshan
Shahid Arman (PESA variant)
S-300PMU-2
Bavar-373
Majid
Dezful Plus (?)
Zoobin
Azarakhsh

IRGC-ASF:
HQ-2
Kub
Raad-1
Raad-2
Tabas
3rd Khordad
9th Dey
Mehran
Unknown Tabas/Raad-descendant
Sayyad
Shahid Arman (AESA variant)
Tor-M1
Dezful
Ya Zahra
Raad Anti Helicopter System
Herz-9
Pirooz

How were the drones able to get in that far? I under most countries can only afford to protect important sites and cities, but Iran knowing the attack was imminent should've moved the AD closer to the border where Israelis most likely to enter the airspace

How were the drones able to get in that far? I under most countries can only afford to protect important sites and cities, but Iran knowing the attack was imminent should've moved the AD closer to the border where Israelis most likely to enter the airspace
Nothing has crossed the airspace

They were launched from within the city by proxy same as 2023, and got gunned down by guns defense

A quadcopter isn't doing 1500km on its own crossing Jordan, Syria, Iraq borders like this

there is a car and university in Pakistan called Mehran, but Mehran is an ancient Persian name as well
Yes, the car, university and many other products/brands are named after that name of Sindh. Probably that name has Persian root.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back