Iranian Air Defence Systems | News and Discussions

75kg each let say 100 and let say the launching system is 1000kg (its not) well 12 or 16 of it are well within tolerance of ARAS-2 let not talk about IVECO truck that come in two version a 3.5t and a 5.5t

I have seen Aras-1 trucks. And you forget what will happen when the the stabilizers are deployed which will have to be upgraded to handle the extra 1500kg in additional weight.

1708008524350.jpeg

Now imagine that truck with another 1200-1500kg on the back and the impact that will have the frame and axels when it’s lifted by the stabilizers.

And for what? You are trying to turn Majid (a redundant point defense system) into a Pantsir or heavy SOHRAD. This is called project creep and US military knows this well, when you try to take a system and make it into something else you will be left with a system that does neither very well.

As I said Majid is fine in a 8 launcher set up (4 on each side). It would supplement SHORAD family of Dezful (Iranian Tor), Iranian Pantsir, Dey, Khordad, and Iranian Umkhonto

Btw whAt happened to this system

1708008949060.png

We never heard of it again

I have seen Aras-1 trucks. And you forget what will happen when the the stabilizers are deployed which will have to be upgraded to handle the extra 1500kg in additional weight.

1708008524350.jpeg

Now imagine that truck with another 1200-1500kg on the back and the impact that will have the frame and axels when it’s lifted by the stabilizers.
what about this , will it also have the same problem
Majid-air-defense-system-8.jpg

what about this , will it also have the same problem
Majid-air-defense-system-8.jpg

What is the point?

Majid is ment to low cost supportive point defense alongside ESTABLISHED SHORADS (see below).

Look at how many “new” SOHRADS Iran has:
*dezful
*Dey system
*Dey system 2.0 with multi missile configuration and more consister
*Pantsir (2 versions in development)
*SA African Ukhmonto copy
*New Iranian Khordad family (Mehran)

Why do you need an MLRS version of Majid? For what purpose that the others cannot do?

You are just creating more and more systems that do the same exact task. Doesn’t add value. Nor solve a bottleneck.

Not even Russia in Ukraine can keep up with this hypothetical PGM/CM swarm you keep trying to prevent. Even US would run out quickly after intial wave.

All of our shorad have a serious problem in launcher department .
and if we don't learn from experience then what.
in future warfare we wont face one or two drone you face swarm of them and for them we need tens of interceptors
What is the point?

Majid is ment to low cost supportive point defense alongside ESTABLISHED SHORADS (see below).

*dezful
*Dey system

Why do you need an MLRS version of Majid? For what purpose that the others cannot do?

You are just creating more and more systems that do the same exact task. Doesn’t add value. Nor solve a bottleneck.

Not even Russia in Ukraine can keep up with this hypothetical PGM/CM swarm you keep trying to prevent. Even US would run out quickly after intial wave.

What is the point?

*dezful
*Dey system

Mehran is not SHORAD, Mehran is IRGC equivalent of Bavar 373

Mehran is not SHORAD, Mehran is IRGC equivalent of Bavar 373

I know Meehan is not SHORAD, it’s just another new system that can run a multi missile configuration if needed.

But Mehran is not “IRGC Equivalent of Bavar 373”. Not sure where you got that from considering the system sets up and battalion design are completely different.

It’s a 3rd Khordad derivative (next gen upgrade) meant to operate as standalone just like it’s predecessors.

I know Meehan is not SHORAD, it’s just another new system that can run a multi missile configuration if needed.
You listed Mehran (I don't know what "Meehan" is) under SHORADs, just clarifying
But Mehran is not “IRGC Equivalent of Bavar 373”. Not sure where you got that from considering the system sets up and battalion design are completely different.
It's the IRGC equivalent of Bavar class LR-SAM designed for IRGC requirements

It's the IRGC equivalent of Bavar class LR-SAM designed for IRGC requirements

It uses the chassis to the Khordad family and the EO/IO of 3rd Khordad. I look at it more as an upgrade to 3rd Khordad, 15th Khodard, and Joshan family.

Plus it has the benefit of stand-alone system. Where as Bavar has to operate in a battalion and needs it’s targeting and data vehicles within range to operate.

Both have their pros and cons.

Present to you guys *another* copy-cat project

Like seriously what is the difference between this and the Majid system

Solid new ingenious defense system, a prelude to the future Iranian pantsir. I am very curious to see the next improved version of the Mesbah artillery system which would probably be all-in-one, a certain form of Pantsir very effective at a lower price.

The fusion of the Mesbah and with a kind of majid system in its central part would be very likely. The Iranians have become very ingenious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back