Iranian Air Force (IRIAF/IRGC-ASF) | News and Discussions

Good point ... looks almost as if the orange colour is gone and the tail spots some sort of tail-art maybe on a darker grey or even green background.

View attachment 31149
"Original" ones:
1712233707087.png
Dark on the top fin and orange, below is completely white

On the captured footage it looks like a grey under the plane but still dark colours on the top
1712233877508.png
I can't believe that it is the same color, but can't be sure with image quality

Either these are new deliveries or a new standardized paint job in grey (something which i hope instead of splinter camos)

"Original" ones:
View attachment 31151
Dark on the top fin and orange, below is completely white

On the captured footage it looks like a grey under the plane but still dark colours on the top
View attachment 31152
I can't believe that it is the same color, but can't be sure with image quality

Literally no indications they aren’t the same color.

Trying to deduce color from a zoomed up compressed video image taken by a civilian cell phone of fast moving object is not reliable.

Not that changing the paint scheme would be unheard of. Especially given how hideous the original scheme was.

Iran has received Russian Yak-130 combat training aircraft, the first pair of aircraft have already become part of the Iranian Air Force. The planes are based at the 8th Tactical Aviation Base named after Shahid Babai in Isfahan, Iranian media reported.
Technical information about the Yak-130, in the link to the video in the comments to the video. At the same time, neither Iran nor Russia made any official statements about the conclusion of the contract. At the moment, the Iranian Air Force has received two aircraft, they are already flying.
It is assumed that Iranian pilots are being trained to fly Russian-made Su-35 4++ generation fighters.

WoowWowWoWowWoah check it out, fellas. Just saw these on another site and I remembered my good friend @Amirpatriot (maybe his new username is @AmirIGM ?) say that the IRIAF doesn't have the R-27 in any capacity. I might be wrong and he did not say that so I don't want to officially accuse him of treachery lol, being my bro and all but not only is this an R-27 / AA-10 ALAMO, but it's mounted on an F-14. Is this something new, or am I just late to the party? I know the pic seems from a few years ago at the least, but is this a new concept seen for the first time or nothing new, really?

I think it's unreal. Between the Pheonix and now the R-27 makes the IRAF Tomcat a lethal aerial machine.

The pics were bundled without any info but maybe someone knows if the IRIAF or IRGC was also making its own truck launched version of the R-27 in the bottom pic?

View attachment 29460

View attachment 29461

View attachment 29462

View attachment 29463
Lol nice. I haven't seen those second two pictures before. Most reports I've heard said that the R-27 integration was unsuccessful or at best only tested on one or two F-14s and wasn't extended to the rest.

Pretty sure I'd said we haven't received R-77s in any capacity!

Iran has received Russian Yak-130 combat training aircraft, the first pair of aircraft have already become part of the Iranian Air Force. The planes are based at the 8th Tactical Aviation Base named after Shahid Babai in Isfahan, Iranian media reported.
Technical information about the Yak-130, in the link to the video in the comments to the video. At the same time, neither Iran nor Russia made any official statements about the conclusion of the contract. At the moment, the Iranian Air Force has received two aircraft, they are already flying.
It is assumed that Iranian pilots are being trained to fly Russian-made Su-35 4++ generation fighters.

Iran has 2 count them 2 YaK-130’s.

That points to Iran merely testing out the platform for a larger purchase. Wether that includes ToT or local assembly of YAk-130’s or just straight purchase remains to be seen.

This isn’t unheard of. Iran has bought several T-90’s and tested them in Syria during the civil war. Ultimately decided not to purchase the tank (after a high ranking Iran general said they would). Instead we got the Karrar program.

So it is not a sure thing that Iran will buy more Yak-130’s. It could merely be Iran using these two planes for testing purposes to see if they are even worth the investment.

another huge security failure

10 police / IRGC members martyred

yesterday there was a video of lightly armed men with guns scurrying behind random cars and shooting, everyone thought it was the terrorists. turns out these were Iranian security forces, the terrorists had body armour ...

terrorists have better equipment and body armour than Iranian police officers and IRGC

the terrorists had body armour ...

terrorists have better equipment and body armour than Iranian police officers and IRGC

Brother,

I didn't comment in the other thread about this at the time, but the body armor worn by the terrorists is actually of German Make by a company called Mehlar - I know this because when I these were the new lighter weight vests donated to Afghan police by Germany in 2018:

1712269036945.png

Furthermore if you watch the footage all of the terrorists were carrying detcord

1712269124041.png
1712269146632.png
1712269166381.png
See below of example of PETN based detcord:
1712269224932.jpeg

We have seen this type of detcord used by TTP in Pakistan very commonly:
1712269315985.png
1712269331003.png

So you see, you don't have to look too far to see where these guys are getting equipped from and who our mutual enemy is!

Hi guys, i found this, IRIAF F-4E clearly showing the R-73/APU-72 launcher attachment, as well as carrying 4 PL-7s! New to me.
What remains to see that i'm very curious about is IRIAF F-14 carrying R-73 missiles. Has any of you seen such pictures?

Do let us know if you come across any, Mack. (y) That would be quite interesting to see.

I remember after the October/Ramadan War of 1973 when Egypt switched from Soviet equipment & doctrine to US, it still had over 150 MiG-21s and their AA-3 (R-3S) Atolls were running out. So the EAF started mounting AIM-9Bs on its earlier MiG-21s (PF & PFM) as a replacement with great success. That definitely started a trend at the time.

EAF MiG-21PF with AIM-9B.

1712450418387.png
1712450735193.png

Later with the MiG-21MF they were able to integrate the AIM-9P onto those slightly more advanced MiG-21s of the time.

1712451272734.png

Obviously it was fine to integrate US weapons systems onto Soviet/Russian platforms, but never think you could do the other way around! That was (and still is) a big no-no which makes the IRIAF F-14 with R-27s and the F-4 with R-73s super rare.

Do let us know if you come across any, Mack. (y) That would be quite interesting to see.

I remember after the October/Ramadan War of 1973 when Egypt switched from Soviet equipment & doctrine to US, it still had over 150 MiG-21s and their AA-3 (R-3S) Atolls were running out. So the EAF started mounting AIM-9Bs on its earlier MiG-21s (PF & PFM) as a replacement with great success. That definitely started a trend at the time.

EAF MiG-21PF with AIM-9B.

View attachment 31758
View attachment 31759

Later with the MiG-21MF they were able to integrate the AIM-9P onto those slightly more advanced MiG-21s of the time.

View attachment 31760

Obviously it was fine to integrate US weapons systems onto Soviet/Russian platforms, but never think you could do the other way around! That was (and still is) a big no-no which makes the IRIAF F-14 with R-27s and the F-4 with R-73s super rare.
Intertesting tidbit that i didn't knew about re the AIM-9B on MiG-21, but are you sure those are AIM-9Bs and not normal R-3S loadouts on that MiG-21R (not PF)? The missiles would be hard to differentiate since they are similar. Also did you guys fitted Magics to the MiG-21MFs as well or i'm thinking of another air force?

On the issue of russian missiles on western planes and specifically concerning IRIAF, it's a case of building the electronic box necessary to translate russian input in western language so to say, not THAT difficult. But determination, support and steadfast work is needed to finish such a project, not just give up after the first try as it apparently happened. R-27 and R-73 would be much superior compared to legacy AIM-7E and AIM-9P models.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back