Iranian Air Force (IRIAF/IRGC-ASF) | News and Discussions

the problem is distinct lack of money not competent leadership
They seem to have money enough to waste on a in house drone program that produces inferior drones,that to me says theres obviously enough money if they can waste it on that,plus you have the reactivation of the f1 fleet even tho it cant actually do much of anything.
Both of these seem like very questionable decisions made by the airforce leadership.

They seem to have money enough to waste on a in house drone program that produces inferior drones,that to me says theres obviously enough money if they can waste it on that,plus you have the reactivation of the f1 fleet even tho it cant actually do much of anything.
Both of these seem like very questionable decisions made by the airforce leadership.
Activation of f1 fleet the result of lack of money
In house drone which one we are talking about kaman 12 or kaman 22

In house drone which one we are talking about kaman 12 or kaman 22
Both.
Essentially both look to be inferior mohajer 6 equivalents.
The 12 is basically a smaller mohajer 6 equipped with the optronics of the ababil 3/4 and the 22 is basically a larger heavier m6 equipped with the same ababil optronics.
Why they just didnt go for the combat proven mohajer 6 and shahed 129 combo I honestly dont know.

Activation of f1 fleet the result of lack of money
That makes no sense.
It takes money and resources to reactivate the f1 fleet and get it flight worthy in the first place,and it then takes yet more money and resources to keep them flying,tho they seem to have little if any actual military capabilities sadly [despite the f1s upgrade potential]

Both.
Essentially both look to be inferior mohajer 6 equivalents.
The 12 is basically a smaller mohajer 6 equipped with the optronics of the ababil 3/4 and the 22 is basically a larger heavier m6 equipped with the same ababil optronics.
Why they just didnt go for the combat proven mohajer 6 and shahed 129 combo I honestly dont know.

That makes no sense.
It takes money and resources to reactivate the f1 fleet and get it flight worthy in the first place,and it then takes yet more money and resources to keep them flying,tho they seem to have little if any actual military capabilities sadly [despite the f1s upgrade potential]
less money than acquiring new airplane
if you cant get a pizza you get falafel

and kaman-22 if they get enough money to mass produce it is something between shahed-129 and shahed-149 . comparing it to mohajer is ridiculous .
about kaman-12 , do you knew it has the same carrying capability of Mohajer-6 while using an engine with only half the power of Mohajer-6 engine and has one of the highest lift ratio between Iranian drones also its weapon "Akhgar" have longer range than Mohajer-6 weapons

less money than acquiring new airplane
if you cant get a pizza you get falafel

and kaman-22 if they get enough money to mass produce it is something between shahed-129 and shahed-149 . comparing it to mohajer is ridiculous .
about kaman-12 , do you knew it has the same carrying capability of Mohajer-6 while using an engine with only half the power of Mohajer-6 engine and has one of the highest lift ratio between Iranian drones also its weapon "Akhgar" have longer range than Mohajer-6 weapons
Both the mohajer 6 and the production kaman 12 use the rotax 912 engine.The 2 prototypes of the k12 used less powerful engines,the mado 4 cyl and the twin rotor serat-02 rotary,however neither of these did the job because they only put out 50-60hp,the iriaf wasted 2 years trying to get them to work but ultimately they had to be replaced with the same rotax as the mohajer 6.
The kaman 22 is also using the rotax,and it doesnt look to be the more powerful turbocharged 914 that the shahed 129 uses so its likely the 912 that the mohajer 6 and kaman 12 also use.
I do agree that the akhgar mini cruise missile was a good concept,probably the sole worthwhile thing to come out of the iriaf drone program,sadly tho apart from the mockup/prototype we`ve seen nothing more of it.

Both the mohajer 6 and the production kaman 12 use the rotax 912 engine.The 2 prototypes of the k12 used less powerful engines,the mado 4 cyl and the twin rotor serat-02 rotary,however neither of these did the job because they only put out 50-60hp,the iriaf wasted 2 years trying to get them to work but ultimately they had to be replaced with the same rotax as the mohajer 6.
The kaman 22 is also using the rotax,and it doesnt look to be the more powerful turbocharged 914 that the shahed 129 uses so its likely the 912 that the mohajer 6 and kaman 12 also use.
I do agree that the akhgar mini cruise missile was a good concept,probably the sole worthwhile thing to come out of the iriaf drone program,sadly tho apart from the mockup/prototype we`ve seen nothing more of it.
You also must consider onething iriaf don't produce them like mohajer-6 they are produced by hesa . They just build the prototype

You also must consider onething iriaf don't produce them like mohajer-6 they are produced by hesa . They just build the prototype
The point is that they [the iriaf] are the ones paying for them,so unless the k12 and k22 are a literal fvck-ton cheaper than the m6,which I frankly doubt as both these drones look to use a great many cots from preexisting iranian drones including the m6,well then it seems to me like a waste of both time and resources.

The point is that they [the iriaf] are the ones paying for them,so unless the k12 and k22 are a literal fvck-ton cheaper than the m6,which I frankly doubt as both these drones look to use a great many cots from preexisting iranian drones including the m6,well then it seems to me like a waste of both time and resources.
they pay for the product , no matter if its mohajer-6 or kaman 12
its shahed-129 or kaman-22
and as mentioned before kaman variants at least have a better lift ratio and if they use research that went to previous drone even r&d did not cost that much

01_LEAD_ DSCF6310.jpeg
Fifteen F-7Ns and eight FT-7N Air Guard fighter jets of the 51st and 52nd Tactical Fighter Squadrons of the IRIAF’s 5th Tactical Fighter Base in October 2005. The weapons used by these squadrons can be seen in front of the aircraft. Abdolrahim Sharafi Farimani

05_DSCF6389.jpeg

Seen landing at the 1st Tactical Fighter Base of the Iranian Air Force in Tehran during April 2014 is FT-7N 3-7712. Sara Mardani

04_DSC_0376.jpeg

FT-7N, 3-7723, was the first to be painted in splinter colors after its overhaul in 2012. Mehrad Watson

02_DSC0309.jpeg

This FT-7N, 3-7720, from 84th CCTS still wears its original camouflage colors painted in the early 1990s at the CAIC factory, Chengdu. Shahram Abedini

03_9290176.jpg

FT-7N, 3-7704, was formerly used by the 51st TFS. It was overhauled at Isfahan between 2011 and 2013, after which it received a new three-tone splinter Asian Minor-II color scheme and the dragon insignia. Danial Abedini

07_IMG_4381.jpg

FT-7Ns 3-7718 and 3-7724 of the 84th CCTS during an IRIAF gunnery exercise at Tabriz in northwest Iran in September 2011. 3-7718 was the only FT-7N in the air force at that time to be colored white/red. Babak Taghvaee

06_IMG_0827.jpeg

Serial 3-7523 of the 84th CCTS, still wearing its factory colors in 1990. Keyvan Hosseini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back