Iranian Air Force (IRIAF/IRGC-ASF) | News and Discussions

The funny thing is, when you look at that F-15 console and see the analogue dials, no one gives the US any crap about that looool. Only when the Russians do it! 😂
In the end what it matters it's which can win and accomplish the mission, and it's not which can do the better flight experience to @SuperWarrior videogame player.

show me some of those article the only thing i have to go with is our mig-29 and their radar is literally junk I also knew about su-35 FLIR and i knew its also junk(the infrared seeker in our heat seeking missile is more advanced) , so please prove me I'm wrong about IBRIS-E
Su-35 and Su-30 shot down hundreds of aircrafts from US drones to Ukrainian fighter jets and targeted succesfully SAMs with Kh-31P, the Su-35 has an overall good performance in Ukraine with its R-37, it being shot down doesn't mean its "crap"

And i will not be surprised at all if they shot down Ukraine F-16 with R-37 from long ranges where aim-120 and the 1990 era F-16 will struggle

As you can see in F-15E and western fighters, they use the same things they use since two-three decades for export, Su-35 is also from two decades

"AESA good PESA bad" is a shortcut to say it is "crap", there are a ton of other factors, not only the PESA/AESA radar, this doesn't make a jet good or "crap"

And here's a very cool (and actual combat moment) of the Su-35S's HUD showing all the details of the IRBIS-E radar lock-onto a target, range to target even target bearing, the Mach speed of the aircraft, altitude, weapons stations, weapon selected (in this case it's the R-77-1 or RVV-SD) and even a launch authorization indicator which basically means that the target has been acquired and the system is allowing the pilot to fire. That's usually to ensure the pilot just doesn't fire if he's not sure and potentially waste a $350K missile. This is the same stuff that also shows up on HMDS helmets.

Click & enlarge to see details better.

FUSU2owakAEmSSc

So, the story goes that the target was a Ukrainian fighter jet (either a Su-27 or a MiG-29) on June of 2022 or thereabouts and resulted in a kill from 60km, which as of this date should, and I say "should" be the record for an AMRAAM BVR kill in combat. Because as far as I know, there isn't a longer distance on record for an actual kill during combat and not during a testing. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I believe it's correct.

And the verification for the kill was not only pilot testimony, but the in-cockpit video from which this pic was taken that showed the full sequence indicating the radar target contact had disappeared from the HUD screen and a large IR signature spike showed up on the IRST which indicated the target had been hit and exploded. The IRST also showed the IR spike gradually level off and slowly fade as the target falls to earth. Some really incredible stuff.

It also shows BVR kills are challenging to verify because of the great distances and the enemy's attempt to cover up crash sites etc. Hence this record not only gives the Su-35S a great -- and possibly even a record BVR kill -- but also the effectiveness of the radar, the missile and the Su-35S excellent systems.

I don't think the IRIAF needs any advice from anyone, least of all mois, but hopefully if and when these Su-35S' do show up that they come with a lethal A2G & A2A munitions, specifically the RVV-SD.

4-R-77-1-under-Su-35SRussian-Defense-Ministry.jpg

I'm not sure what Russia's export restrictions are on the R-37M, especially with zionist influence on Putin, but if Iran can get past those two obstacles, then that missile is a must. That will keep the zionist far away and even give the US quite a bit of anxiety although I don't think the US seeks any conflict with Iran.

Su-35S with a pair or R-77-1s, a pair of R-73/74, KH-31 and an R-37M on belly pylon directly behind the forward landing gear.

c3272610.jpg

Su-35 and Su-30 shot down hundreds of aircrafts from US drones to Ukrainian fighter jets and targeted succesfully SAMs with Kh-31P, the Su-35 has an overall good performance in Ukraine with its R-37, it being shot down doesn't mean its "crap"
drone? old Ukraine mig-29, and effectiveness of their sead operation is apparent .majority of air defense there targeted with lancet and mig-31.
As you can see in F-15E and western fighters, they use the same things they use since two-three decades for export, Su-35 is also from two decades
you are wrong f-15 and f-16 of 2 decade ago are a lot different from today ones specially in avionic section.
"AESA good PESA bad" is a shortcut to say it is "crap", there are a ton of other factors, not only the PESA/AESA radar, this doesn't make a jet good or "crap"
in every metric except the range against tanker the radar is inferior to what is in f-16 block 70/72 being comparable to block 50/52 even weaker to 52+

and you still didn't begin to answer the doubts about the radar which is mentioned in the article

So, the story goes that the target was a Ukrainian fighter jet (either a Su-27 or a MiG-29) on June of 2022 or thereabouts and resulted in a kill from 60km, which as of this date should, and I say "should" be the record for an AMRAAM BVR kill in combat. Because as far as I know, there isn't a longer distance on record for an actual kill during combat and not during a testing. Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I believe it's correct.
don't knew about aim-120 but iran successfully used AIM-54 against SU-17 over 50 miles

drone? old Ukraine mig-29, and effectiveness of their sead operation is apparent .majority of air defense there targeted with lancet and mig-31.

you are wrong f-15 and f-16 of 2 decade ago are a lot different from today ones specially in avionic section.

in every metric except the range against tanker the radar is inferior to what is in f-16 block 70/72 being comparable to block 50/52 even weaker to 52+

and you still didn't begin to answer the doubts about the radar which is mentioned in the article
They shot down hundreds of aircraft, yes, US MQ-1/9, Ukrainian drones and fighter jets
Most F-16 and F-15 exported in the world have avionics and components dating from 1975-80-90-2000, besides Israeli and non-export ones, same applies for other western jets
Barely anyone have them besides the US, most used are old Block dating from 20-40 years ago, they will get their standardization in 2030-2040 minimum

You really think they are going to deliver Ukraine Block 72 when no one received the orders for them? They are going to give them rests 30yr old Block 15 or at best 30 that will inevitably get exploded on ground or in the air, and even if they get Block 72, they will be mauled on the ground unless they depart from Poland which is highly unlikely as it will give Russia a valid reason to target Poland

don't knew about aim-120 but iran successfully used AIM-54 against SU-17 over 50 miles

Was it 50 miles or 50 kilometers? I thought that kill was listed at 50kms.

And the reference to it possibly being a record was for medium range missiles. I think I wrote AMRAAM? I hope I did since that's what I meant. Pheonix is considered long range. It would be categorized along with R-37, PL15, PL21, AIM-260, Meteor etc.

Another reason why the Su-35S would be a TREMENDOUS addition to the IRIAF is that the whole world is aware of how good Iranian pilots are, just by their record in the Iran/Iraq war. The AIM-54 Phoenix has 62 A2A kills and every one of those was by Iran.

And these guys fought against a coalition of fighter aircraft, not just Iraqi ones (which are no slouches either!). During the Yom Kippur war, the Egyptian Chief of Staff General Sa'ad El Din El-Shazly wrote in his memoir that the Iraqi pilots who fought alongside Egypt against the zionist with their Hawker Hunters performed the best during the war. Per sortie, they achieved the better results between them, the EAF & the North Koreans. They didn't perform as many sorties as the EAF but that gives you some indication as to what Iran was up against in the 8-year war and it faced other pilots from other countries as well, and this after just going through a MAJOR revolution. Politics & motives for the war aside, that was a huge undertaking and success even though the result was a stalemate.

On top of that, Iran only had 240 Pheonix missiles that were delivered prior to the revolution and who knows how many of those were used up prior to entering the war. A very limited number to go to war with and to end up with 62/72 kills is phenomenal.

This is an excerpt from Wiki but it's referenced from Tom Cooper's book who's known to be well-informed about ME warfare history.

According to Tom Cooper and Farzad Bishop, during the Iran–Iraq War AIM-54s fired by IRIAF Tomcats achieved 78 victories against Iraqi MiG-21s, MiG-23s, MiG-25s, Tu-22s, Su-20/22s, Mirage F 1s, Super Étendards, and even two AM-39 Exocets and a C-601. This includes two occasions where one AIM-54 was responsible for the downing of two Iraqi aircraft, as well as an incident on January 7, 1981, where a Phoenix fired at a four-ship of MiG-23s downed three and damaged the fourth.

Su-35S in the hands of IRIAF pilots would be a lethal asset against zionist.

Was it 50 miles or 50 kilometers? I thought that kill was listed at 50kms.

And the reference to it possibly being a record was for medium range missiles. I think I wrote AMRAAM? I hope I did since that's what I meant. Pheonix is considered long range. It would be categorized along with R-37, PL15, PL21, AIM-260, Meteor etc.

Another reason why the Su-35S would be a TREMENDOUS addition to the IRIAF is that the whole world is aware of how good Iranian pilots are, just by their record in the Iran/Iraq war. The AIM-54 Phoenix has 62 A2A kills and every one of those was by Iran.

And these guys fought against a coalition of fighter aircraft, not just Iraqi ones (which are no slouches either!). During the Yom Kippur war, the Egyptian Chief of Staff General Sa'ad El Din El-Shazly wrote in his memoir that the Iraqi pilots who fought alongside Egypt against the zionist with their Hawker Hunters performed the best during the war. Per sortie, they achieved the better results between them, the EAF & the North Koreans. They didn't perform as many sorties as the EAF but that gives you some indication as to what Iran was up against in the 8-year war and it faced other pilots from other countries as well, and this after just going through a MAJOR revolution. Politics & motives for the war aside, that was a huge undertaking and success even though the result was a stalemate.

On top of that, Iran only had 240 Pheonix missiles that were delivered prior to the revolution and who knows how many of those were used up prior to entering the war. A very limited number to go to war with and to end up with 62/72 kills is phenomenal.

This is an excerpt from Wiki but it's referenced from Tom Cooper's book who's known to be well-informed about ME warfare history.

According to Tom Cooper and Farzad Bishop, during the Iran–Iraq War AIM-54s fired by IRIAF Tomcats achieved 78 victories against Iraqi MiG-21s, MiG-23s, MiG-25s, Tu-22s, Su-20/22s, Mirage F 1s, Super Étendards, and even two AM-39 Exocets and a C-601. This includes two occasions where one AIM-54 was responsible for the downing of two Iraqi aircraft, as well as an incident on January 7, 1981, where a Phoenix fired at a four-ship of MiG-23s downed three and damaged the fourth.

Su-35S in the hands of IRIAF pilots would be a lethal asset against zionist.
Unfortunately most of the pilots of the war are now very old or dead, some of them may have became instructors, but many didn't or got back to the west/died, now there is a new generation of pilots, with low hours of flight time, trained by Iran itself for most

Also these pilots were originally trained by the US, and Iraqis by Soviets

Unfortunately most of the pilots of the war are now very old or dead, some of them may have became instructors, but many didn't or got back to the west/died, now there is a new generation of pilots, with low hours of flight time, trained by Iran itself for most

Also these pilots were originally trained by the US, and Iraqis by Soviets

Yes, of course they're not the same pilots, but if the tradition and inherent values & discipline is there, then the benefit of any doubt has to be given.

Most F-16 and F-15 exported in the world have avionics and components dating from 1975-80-90-2000, besides Israeli and non-export ones, same applies for other western jets
a rule about military equipment is that unless you upgrade them they remain the same , question is is block 50 and block 72 f16 use the same avionic
does F15-c and F15se use the same avionic
Barely anyone have them besides the US, most used are old Block dating from 20-40 years ago, they will get their standardization in 2030-2040 minimum
anybody who order since several year ago get them
You really think they are going to deliver Ukraine Block 72 when no one received the orders for them? They are going to give them rests 30yr old Block 15 or at best 30 that will inevitably get exploded on ground or in the air, and even if they get Block 72, they will be mauled on the ground unless they depart from Poland which is highly unlikely as it will give Russia a valid reason to target Poland
I'm talking about su-35 not f-16 you bring it out , and they are going to upgrade Israel f-16 to that and hand Bahrain them, and jordan wants to get them , that's what is important for me , do you really think i give any damn to who win in Ukraine , all I care is that war continues for years to come

a rule about military equipment is that unless you upgrade them they remain the same , question is is block 50 and block 72 f16 use the same avionic
does F15-c and F15se use the same avionic

anybody who order since several year ago get them

I'm talking about su-35 not f-16 you bring it out , and they are going to upgrade Israel f-16 to that and hand Bahrain them, and jordan wants to get them , that's what is important for me , do you really think i give any damn to who win in Ukraine , all I care is that war continues for years to come
Getting them and having them are different things

Let's see how much time they will standardize and deliver all F-16V to countries like UAE and Jordan, at least until 2030, lesser puppets of the US will have to wait a long time

Jordan and Bahrain as always orders shiny things, having them is different, for now they operate aircrafts with components dating from at least 25 years ago

Su-35 have more recent components than most of the F-16s and F-15s spread around the world, so the argument of "Su-35 outdated" stops here, it is more recent than most of western export aircrafts (that have been produced and delivered, not delivery scheduled in 2030 or no produced aircrafts and shiny toy projects)

then find an article which answer the author claims
with evidence
I wrote a comprehensive article about Su-35 myself already. Not addressing that articles claims (not worth it) but looking at the platform and its systems as a whole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Posts

Back