Iranian Chill Thread

the resolution referenced the October 2025 date for UNSC to close the Iranian nuclear file

they are setting the scene for snapback of UNSC sanctions if a new deal is not reached before then

There won't be any snapback UNSC sanctions without Russian or Chinese support. This is just desperation from the western side. There is nothing else left for them to do other than come to reality that Iran can't be sanctioned "with more teeth" at UNSC.

There won't be any snapback UNSC sanctions without Russian or Chinese support.
You don't understand how snapback works. It doesn't require Russian or Chinese support and can't be vetoed.

You don't understand how snapback works. It doesn't require Russian or Chinese support and can't be vetoed.

Yes I do, stop making assumptions about me and getting personal with low quality insults. You need to stop this every time someone pushes back on anything you say.

Trump tried to trigger snapback UNSC sanctions and they failed back in 2020. For Snapback sanctions they need to provide evidence that Iran is not adhereing to the JCPOA, which will be difficult to do when it's not being adhered by anyone who signed it, and it will not hinder Iran's ability to trade oil or arms either way. Surely all the west has to do is wait till 2025 for sanctions to come back, so this move by E3 is desperation and will further split the security council.

Yes I do, stop making assumptions about me and getting personal with low quality insults. You need to stop this every time someone pushes back on anything you say.
I stated facts I did not get personal or issue insults, you need to be much less sensitive if you want to post on online forums.

Trump tried to trigger snapback UNSC sanctions and they failed back in 2020.
Only a member of the Joint Commission can trigger snapback. Trump's stupid mistake of existing the JCPOA before trying to trigger snapback later saved Iran

For Snapback sanctions they need to provide evidence that Iran is not adhereing to the JCPOA
Iran is not adhering to the JCPOA

and it will not hinder Iran's ability to trade oil or arms either way.
China will not fully comply with US sanctions but I would not be so confident it would defy UNSC sanctions

Surely all the west has to do is wait till 2025 for sanctions to come back
No. The default position is that in lieu of snapback, the UNSC file on Iran's nuclear program will close indefinitely in October 2025.

and to everyone else who approved the deal
Seriously bro?

You put the blame on gullible people who believed the lies of these brainless west worshipping bunch?

They shit all over nuclear program in exchange for nothing.

According to independent sources even the texture of JCPOA was written by Americans. Zarif just bent over as our top and highest rank diplomat and people had no way other than accepting his lies.

I stated facts I did not get personal or issue insults, you need to be much less sensitive if you want to post on online forums.

Only a member of the Joint Commission can trigger snapback. Trump's stupid mistake of existing the JCPOA before trying to trigger snapback later saved Iran

Iran is not adhering to the JCPOA

China will not fully comply with US sanctions but I would not be so confident it would defy UNSC sanctions

No. The default position is that in lieu of snapback, the UNSC file on Iran's nuclear program will close indefinitely.

No you merely stated your opinion, which was false and personal. You need to be a better moderator or at the very least allow people to reply to you reciprocally (which you don't).

Well why havent they triggered it yet if it is as easy as you say?

Nobody is adhereing to it and that is the position of 3 out of 5 remaining members.

The circumstances are different here. China and Russia dont agree to the sanctions so they will circumvent them. As will other BRICS members. You clearly don't understand how politics work.

Seriously bro?

You put the blame on gullible people who believed the lies of these brainless west worshipping bunch?
it is their job to verify these agreements before giving their agreement. without their consent, the agreement could not happen, and they should accept their role in that before criticising others

reality is that at the time nobody expected Trump to come into power and did not pay enough attention to the possibility that the US would violate/leave the deal, so the deal contained a very one-sided snapback mechanism (for the US to sell the deal domestically)

Seriously bro?

They shit all over nuclear program in exchange for nothing.

According to independent sources even the texture of JCPOA was written by Americans. Zarif just bent over as our top and highest rank diplomat and people had no way other than accepting his lies.

I'm pretty sure he himself supported the deal and thought it was something positive. He would have to include himself in what he wrote. Sadly I have no access to the old forum to find the evidence.

it is their job to verify these agreements before giving their agreement. without their consent, the agreement could not happen, and they should accept their role in that before criticising others

reality is that at the time nobody expected Trump to come into power and did not pay enough attention to the possibility that the US would violate/leave the deal, so the deal contained a very one-sided snapback mechanism (for the US to sell the deal domestically)

They thought they were negotiating with good faith with the West. How should Zarif know that US was secretly planning to shaft Iran.

You guys know very well that we were sanctioned long before JCPOA, Zarif and Rouhani.
JCPOA or no JCPOA, the US doesn't need any deals or permission from us to sanction us.

But Zarif and Rouhani have become great scapegoats, just like Ahmadinejad and Khatami before that. 🤔

I don't rule out stupidity of Larijani and Salehi's swear in Majlis.

But as a matter of fact, when the chosen government signs a deal, MPs or the people that are to verify it, usually ratify it. If they don't, they have actually revolted against the chosen government.

On top of that, Zarif had tied each and every political and economic problem to JCPOA and the MPs would have been blamed in a blink of an eye for delaying it. My guess is that they had to accept it.

This misery before anyone else was brought by Zarif and Rouhani upon the country.

God was on our side that Trump threw it into toilet. Do you have any idea what could have they done to us using the trigger mechanism?

Without a single doubt, Zarif would have pushed leadership, IRGC and Majlis to negotiate over missile and space programs. Negotiate in their dictionary means curbing

You guys know very well that we were sanctioned long before JCPOA, Zarif and Rouhani.
JCPOA or no JCPOA, the US doesn't need any deals or permission from us to sanction us.

But Zarif and Rouhani have become great scapegoats, just like Ahmadinejad and Khatami before that. 🤔

We're talking about UN sanctions, not unilateral US or even western sanctions which are meaningless.

Accepting JCPOA had political consequences too. We actually accepted that we were the guilty party. Zarif's artwork was to introduce his own country as someone who deserved pressure and punishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Latest Posts

Back