Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

At the end of the video the journalist enters the control room, I don't know what he says (I don't understand Farsi) but the images show that there are no electrical or electronic devices in the consoles.
So there could be 2 hypotheses
1) or how the mast were dismantled when the Sahand was under water
2) dismantled as soon as the ship was lifted
3) and I hope it is this, as the ship was undergoing maintenance work, many devices had been removed and sent to depots or laboratories for repair, maintenance or updating.
Schermata-757.png

Schermata-759.png

At the end of the video the journalist enters the control room, I don't know what he says (I don't understand Farsi) but the images show that there are no electrical or electronic devices in the consoles.
3) and I hope it is this, as the ship was undergoing maintenance work, many devices had been removed and sent to depots or laboratories for repair, maintenance or updating.
View attachment 56145

View attachment 56146
I uploaded a second video showing the AESA radar being removed. A reputable telegram channel had said Sahand was righted in the first few days but then sunk again. It's possible the AESA was removed then along with the radar mast before it sunk again.

For now we don't know as there is no precise info but I don't think it was dismantled underwater.

I uploaded a second video showing the AESA radar being removed. A reputable telegram channel had said Sahand was righted in the first few days but then sunk again. It's possible the AESA was removed then along with the radar mast before it sunk again.

For now we don't know as there is no precise info but I don't think it was dismantled underwater.
Tasnim said it was brought up and sunk again. Pretty public info.

Last edited:
Tasnim said it was brought up and sunk again. Pretty public info.
I'm aware of that. I'm saying it's unclear exactly when the radar and mast were removed.

Don't 'bet'. Provide rationale. Please emphasize why IRIN's 'bet' is different than yours.
yeah , its different , they come on tv and said they can salvage 80% of electronic after being soaked in salt water for more than 2 week.

you can try it yourself and see how much of those electronic will be salvageable .
we already saw how much of Damavand electronic was salvageable and Caspian sea is a lot less salty and a lot cooler than Persian gulf

Please provide rationale why a system built for the sea would need to do this. There is no doubt there has been damage. I do challenge, however, the narrative of 'scrapping' most systems and restarting with a mostly bare hull and a few mechanicals.
the hull was built for the sea , when was the last time you saw they soak ship electronics in salt water for more than two week .
when was the last time you see test engines to see if they work when the engine room is half filled with salt water

View attachment 56145

View attachment 56146
All of them should be replaced. Anyway it is really amazing how fast and serious are being taken this issue. Really shows how impacted in IRIN and Ministry of Defense. Hope money flows to repair all systems, equipments, lines, cables and pipes. IRIN deserves my admiration, even if they need 8 years for building up a small corvette. Nobody can say that IRIN has been furnished and funded properly. They are working in survival mode. Seems that this sad situation are common to other branches of Artesh.... but that it is another topic.

yeah , its different , they come on tv and said they can salvage 80% of electronic after being soaked in salt water for more than 2 week.

you can try it yourself and see how much of those electronic will be salvageable .
we already saw how much of Damavand electronic was salvageable and Caspian sea is a lot less salty and a lot cooler than Persian gulf
So you don’t have rational other than ‘try it yourself’. Note, the corrosive consequences of salt water is childishly simple to most.

So you don’t have rational other than ‘try it yourself’. Note, the corrosive consequences of salt water is childishly simple to most.
and you don't have any rational , try it

the hull was built for the sea , when was the last time you saw they soak ship electronics in salt water for more than two week .
when was the last time you see test engines to see if they work when the engine room is half filled with salt water
‘When was the last time’, ‘go google it’, ‘etc, etc.

Stop this nonsense. You haven’t presented rationale why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back