Iranian Navy | News and Discussions

‘When was the last time’, ‘go google it’, ‘etc, etc.

Stop this nonsense. You haven’t presented rationale why.
OK use those equipment in rebuilt corvette if you like who care. you also can use Windows XP while you are at it.

OK use those equipment in rebuilt corvette if you like who care. you also can use Windows XP while you are at it.
...? i have no idea what that was.

SAHAND RECOVERY my two cents!:
1- Electronics: 100% loss..including workstation and LRUs (LRUs are electronic boxes inside electronic equipment bays) ..Naval ships equipment bays are ruggedized with shock absorbers and caskets to protect them against salt spray and salt mist. They are not hermetically sealed against water penetration..

2- Electrical Parts: partial loss: they include wiring harnesses with connectors..Generators, Batteries and power distribution cabinets,. Connectors will be the biggest item I will not use any connector immersed in salt.
3- Engines , shaft, HVAC etc..not my area but I asked someone and they said engines needs to be completely disassembled and rebuilt .
4-Hull and weapons..Not my area

The picture they tried to give was "everything is fine just a small repair"..it is not ...I would give a one way thicket to the incompetent Navy Chief to go to Bahamas and be far away from Iran..He is a national embarrassment

The picture they tried to give was "everything is fine just a small repair"..it is not ...I would give a one way thicket to the incompetent Navy Chief to go to Bahamas and be far away from Iran..He is a national embarrassment
if we do this for every incompetent high ranking official, we will have to buy a lot of tickets to the Bahamas

if we do this for every incompetent high ranking official, we will have to buy a lot of tickets to the Bahamas
Yes it is embarrassing. It is part of the "battle for the history". IRIN chief and Ministry of Defense are trying to sell the idea that the accident/sabotage have been a small issue.

The only possitive view of this huge loss it is that the Government and military high ranks will put wathever it is necessary to take back Sahand to service. Every military or civilian attaché of all embassies must be laughing seeing the news.
But someone should be punished. I agree at that point. It is really shameful.

SAHAND RECOVERY my two cents!:
1- Electronics: 100% loss..including workstation and LRUs (LRUs are electronic boxes inside electronic equipment bays) ..Naval ships equipment bays are ruggedized with shock absorbers and caskets to protect them against salt spray and salt mist. They are not hermetically sealed against water penetration..

2- Electrical Parts: partial loss: they include wiring harnesses with connectors..Generators, Batteries and power distribution cabinets,. Connectors will be the biggest item I will not use any connector immersed in salt.
3- Engines , shaft, HVAC etc..not my area but I asked someone and they said engines needs to be completely disassembled and rebuilt .
4-Hull and weapons..Not my area

the only thing that was recovered was the dock itself

The warship costs around 60-70 million $. According to IRIN engineers the cost of overhauling this warship would be around 1 percent of its overall value meaning around 600,000-700,000 $.

Not bad at all.

The warship costs around 60-70 million $. According to IRIN engineers the cost of overhauling this warship would be around 1 percent of its overall value meaning around 600,000-700,000 $.

Not bad at all.

If you believe that then you truly got your head in the sand.

The engines alone are worth more $700K.

It is clear that Iran will show new surprise weapons, it is predictable but I say that one of the big surprises will come from combat aviation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back