J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

That's not the point and no-one denies this, what however can strictly be denied are these fan-boy claims by some we will see it "within the next 15 months in PAF-colours", "Pakistan is involved in the current flight testing of the J-31 (in fact there is still none) or J-35" ... and "there are already several prototypes flying!"

This is simply ridiculous and ridiculing critics or skeptics doesn't make it more realistic. But as I said, let's wait and see - I'm sure we'll know more by November at the Zhuhai trade fair at the latest - and then I'm happy to accept some people's apologies for all the rubbish they loudly posted here.

Personally I think it is some wishful thinking mixed up with some realistic points to try and give the impression of some kind of insider knowledge.

Totally reasonable for PAF to have staff involved in testing the J-31 if the ACM is on record as saying we are inducting it, "next 15 month for induction" is however a bit of a big jump. I would expect it to be in PLAN service before PAF for sure.

That's not the point and no-one denies this, what however can strictly be denied are these fan-boy claims by some we will see it "within the next 15 months in PAF-colours", "Pakistan is involved in the current flight testing of the J-31 (in fact there is still none) or J-35" ... and "there are already several prototypes flying!"

This is simply ridiculous and ridiculing critics or skeptics doesn't make it more realistic. But as I said, let's wait and see - I'm sure we'll know more by November at the Zhuhai trade fair at the latest - and then I'm happy to accept some people's apologies for all the rubbish they loudly posted here.
15 months timeline is certainly ridiculous.

I would expect it to be in PLAN service before PAF for sure.
About that...

You think the Navy variant for the PLAN might take a tad bit longer, as it will require a different type of Landing Gear for stress tests...?

[...& not getting into the Avionics, Radar and other stuff that might differ between the PAF & Chinese variant]

Need to take into account China is currently Testing its new state-of the-art Aircraft carrier.

Would the J-31 be used primarily for the Fujian (Type 003)?

@Deino

About that...

You think the Navy variant for the PLAN might take a tad bit longer, as it will require a different type of Landing Gear for stress tests...?

Again proof of a huge misconception: Since there is so far only a J-35 and NO J-31 yet, the J-35 will surely enter service soon.

Need to take into account China is currently Testing its new state-of the-art Aircraft carrier.

Would the J-31 be used primarily for the Fujian (Type 003)?

@Deino

Again showing a certain lack of understanding or at least a correctness: Yes, the J-35 - again there is NO J-31 yet - is planned at the moment solely for the new carrier.

I don't blame anyone if mistakes happen here and someone mixes up the terms, but it increases the risk of misunderstandings and a completely incorrect assessment of the situation.
All the more so if some simply have no interest in facts, prefer to act like Mr. All-Knowing and suggest "insider connections" in order to make themselves important and thereby consciously spread false information.

Therefore again:
FC-31 = Demonstrators V1 (31001) & V2 (no 31003)
J-35 = planned carrier-capable variant for PLAN. at least 3 prototypes (350001, 350003 and 3505) are in test.
J-31 = a projected land-based-only PLAAF or export version, no prototype available yet.

Again proof of a huge misconception: Since there is so far only a J-35 and NO J-31 yet, the J-35 will surely enter service soon.

Again showing a certain lack of understanding or at least a correctness: Yes, the J-35 - again there is NO J-31 yet - is planned at the moment solely for the new carrier.

I don't blame anyone if mistakes happen here and someone mixes up the terms, but it increases the risk of misunderstandings and a completely incorrect assessment of the situation.
All the more so if some simply have no interest in facts, prefer to act like Mr. All-Knowing and suggest "insider connections" in order to make themselves important and thereby consciously spread false information.

Therefore again:
FC-31 = Demonstrators V1 (31001) & V2 (no 31003)
J-35 = planned carrier-capable variant for PLAN. at least 3 prototypes (350001, 350003 and 3505) are in test.
J-31 = a projected land-based-only PLAAF or export version, no prototype available yet.
so it means PAF will be going for J-35 with little mods ...

so it means PAF will be going for J-35 with little mods ...
Why on earth would Pakistan induct a naval fighter aircraft for it's air force.

Pakistan is only after J-31, not J-35 or a modified J-35.

China is only after J-35, not J-31 because they already have J-20 .

Pakistan is only after J-31, not J-35 or a modified J-35.

China is only after J-35, not J-31 because they already have J-20 .
Why have air forces in the past inducted F18?

What difference it makes in flight or combat performance ? It does the same thing once airborne. But how do you know that J-31 is a naval fighter? It most likely would be a land based variant.

F-35 operates from carriers as well as it operates from land bases. There are multiple variants for it. Cannot label a platform solely as "naval fighter aircraft".

What difference it makes in flight or combat performance ? It does the same thing once airborne. But how do you know that J-31 is a naval fighter? It most likely would be a land based variant.

F-35 operates from carriers as well as it operates from land bases. There are multiple variants for it. Cannot label a platform solely as "naval fighter aircraft".
Probably higher maintenance and cost to run if its a naval fighter.

J31 will just invite j35
No point for Pakistan to acquire it

Use that money to pay off the circular debt 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back