J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

my question is.

Where can India buy 5th generation fighter jets?
Who sells 5th generation fighter jets to India?
Potentially, the US.

F-35 can become available to them if India is willing to sign a few more strategic pacts with the US.

Potentially, the US.

F-35 can become available to them if India is willing to sign a few more strategic pacts with the US.
Hypothesis: You are the president of the US.

Are you willing to sell F-35 to India when India refuses the US to build military bases in India?

J31 will be a game changer. Dec 2026, here i come.
It has got geo-strategic ramifications too! Now that the Russia and the West are in no mood to deescalate, rather one wants to see the end of the other! The PAF has chosen the moment right to introduce FGFs for I'll put a tremendous pressure on India...

my question is.

Where can India buy 5th generation fighter jets?
Who sells 5th generation fighter jets to India?
kaddu..

Apologies, I couldn't resist, but barring major changes on anyone of geo-politics, technology, the answer is it looks bleak for India for the next 15 years.

kaddu..

Apologies, I couldn't resist, but barring major changes on anyone of geo-politics, technology, the answer is it looks bleak for India for the next 15 years.
And, within the next 15 years the PAF will have J-31s, KAANs, KIZILELMAs, ANKA-3s, JF17 PFXs etc. to give it a flavor of the 6th gen fighting capability.....

The best part of the PAF:

Trust no future however pleasant
Let the dead past bury its dead
Act in the living present
Heart within and GOD overhead

Last edited:
Hypothesis: You are the president of the US.

Are you willing to sell F-35 to India when India refuses the US to build military bases in India?
Hi,

Yes---sell the F-35's first---then you will have the indians by the ballz---.

They will have no place to run---.

Potentially, the US.

You made me realize something, eventually India will get a 5th gen aircraft, and at the moment, the top contender seems to be the F35, with a few T&C's that need to be ironed out. Now any 5th Gen that PAF sports, needs to be able to effectively take it on, or it looks bad for the PAF and the OEM. So just wondering what version of the FC-31, J31 or J35 will we end up with?

Another point you raised, or maybe someone else, is why does PAF need a 5th Gen A/c? My understanding is as follows:

1) Tactics - Once an aircraft achieves FOC, it does not mean tactics and strategies have been honed as well, that takes time, and pilot hrs certainly count.

2) Coward Bastards - Just because India at the moment does not have a 5th Gen aircraft, does not mean other countries with nefarious agenda dont. One such bastard is known to fully exploit any weakness at any given chance, and was actively involved on 27th Feb. Hope you know who I'm referring to

3) Qualitative Edge - PAF has always claimed to maintain a qualitative edge, and in keeping with that doctrine, this is another step in that direction. It will insure any disparity with its conventional foe, is adequately addressed.

4) Deterrence - When the enemy knows, that you have cutting edge tech, which you have mastered, any misadventure will be highly unlikely.

5) Overall defensive posture - When you have access to cutting edge tech, your traditional western suppliers then all of a sudden tend to offer you the equivalent or better as well, which was off limits for you.

@MastanKhan Would you like to add to the above?

You made me realize something, eventually India will get a 5th gen aircraft, and at the moment, the top contender seems to be the F35, with a few T&C's that need to be ironed out. Now any 5th Gen that PAF sports, needs to be able to effectively take it on, or it looks bad for the PAF and the OEM. So just wondering what version of the FC-31, J31 or J35 will we end up with?

Another point you raised, or maybe someone else, is why does PAF need a 5th Gen A/c? My understanding is as follows:

1) Tactics - Once an aircraft achieves FOC, it does not mean tactics and strategies have been honed as well, that takes time, and pilot hrs certainly count.

2) Coward Bastards - Just because India at the moment does not have a 5th Gen aircraft, does not mean other countries with nefarious agenda dont. One such bastard is known to fully exploit any weakness at any given chance, and was actively involved on 27th Feb. Hope you know who I'm referring to

3) Qualitative Edge - PAF has always claimed to maintain a qualitative edge, and in keeping with that doctrine, this is another step in that direction. It will insure any disparity with its conventional foe, is adequately addressed.

4) Deterrence - When the enemy knows, that you have cutting edge tech, which you have mastered, any misadventure will be highly unlikely.

5) Overall defensive posture - When you have access to cutting edge tech, your traditional western suppliers then all of a sudden tend to offer you the equivalent or better as well, which was off limits for you.

@MastanKhan Would you like to add to the above?
Excellent analysis Sir, you have complete the puzzle picture.👍

Very insightful thread, appreciated.

Is f35 really likely to be available to India given s400?

Would India take it at the cost of Russia ties?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back