J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

J-31 was covered with canvas at the 2022 Zhuhai airshow.
Only a few prestige guests saw it.
no leaked info. available other than the third prototype 31003 5 years ago.

And you „know“ this why? And why does no-one else even mentioned this story?

@Deino

As you said 'J31"does not exists.

this begs the question why PAF is harping about 5th generation aircraft which it calls J31?

My point is simple, PAF has never i mean never purchased/Inducted an aircraft who does not have a supply chain or 10 years of service history with OEM. Its not a joint venture so any idea like JF17 should come in mind (for that its PFX) so to be honest my opinion is if the 5th gen is to be inducted and only one with proper researched flight envelope and deployment tactics well established in J-20A with local engine (WS15) either PLA now has decided to export J-20A be a export oriented version.

We and others at PDF also think its outlandish that J31 which actually does not exists is been touted by PAF high ranking officers on live TV specifically mentioning PFX and J31 as two separated projects.

Rumor mill is running wild off course! and this is just the way it is. "Soon" can not mean 10-12 years not even 5 years soon means 1-2 years other then J20A it is no other that fit the mold!

so i if china decided to export 5th gen why you are so sure that its J31/J35 or whatever, it should be J-20A (policy shift)

think about it for once

… The J31 version Pakistan is getting is 5.5 and more close to 6th gen. ….

@Deino

so i if china decided to export 5th gen why you are so sure that its J31/J35 or whatever, it should be J-20A (policy shift)

think about it for once

Guys… just step away from your PC for a moment and even better stop consuming whatever you smoke!!!

A certain military leader in Pakistan claims something at a situation of great political instability without mentioning a certain date and you come to the conclusion by spinning a story, Pakistan might get a 5.5 or almost 6 generation fighter of an nonexistent type at a time when even the US are still developing such a fighter???

That’s the most ridiculous claim I heard since so many months that is only funny. 😆

Guys… just step away from your PC for a moment and even better stop consuming whatever you smoke!!!

A certain military leader in Pakistan claims something at a situation of great political instability without mentioning a certain date and you come to the conclusion by spinning a story, Pakistan might get a 5.5 or almost 6 generation fighter of an nonexistent type at a time when even the US are still developing such a fighter???

That’s the most ridiculous claim I heard since so many months that is only funny. 😆
Exactly the same sort of response we got when the Nukes, JF17 , J10, Shaheen II were declared.

If Türkiye couldn't get F35 because of S400 then India also has
S400, so most likely will be blocked for same reason.
Especially when you've got the Chinese electronic component in them. They don't want signals of F-35s - even export versions - to be recorded.....

China is becoming an existential threat to the USA....

@Deino

this begs the question why PAF is harping about 5th generation aircraft which it calls J31?

My point is simple, PAF has never i mean never purchased/Inducted an aircraft who does not have a supply chain or 10 years of service history with OEM. Its not a joint venture so any idea like JF17 should come in mind (for that its PFX) so to be honest my opinion is if the 5th gen is to be inducted and only one with proper researched flight envelope and deployment tactics well established in J-20A with local engine (WS15) either PLA now has decided to export J-20A be a export oriented version.

We and others at PDF also think its outlandish that J31 which actually does not exists is been touted by PAF high ranking officers on live TV specifically mentioning PFX and J31 as two separated projects.

Rumor mill is running wild off course! and this is just the way it is. "Soon" can not mean 10-12 years not even 5 years soon means 1-2 years other then J20A it is no other that fit the mold!

think about it for once
TFX KAAN = PFX KHAN.....

My projection.....

did you read what i said? your comments are directed towards me?

where did i talked about 6th Gen, all i was alluding that may be there is a policy shift in China and first export customer of J-20A/J-20B is PAF.

that version of J20A/B is called in PAF "J31"

You did not even read what i said.

Zarvan mentioned 1.5 year at the beginning of this year. So now only 1.3 year remaining ;) @Zarvan we'll not let you extend this timeline :)

If J35 comes before the end of 2028, and that is 2.9 years away. I would say respect to Zarvan, Mastakhan and the rest. My opinion is no 5th generation before 2030, possibly between 2032 - 2035 time which is 8 to 11 years away, i am with bro Deino and the rest. However I do believe we all would be over the moon if it comes before.

We had the same response from the non-believers when the J10s were announced. Lol, I used to get the same response when I found out Pakistan had the nukes and told people which was one of doubt and disbelief. India will have to run off and buy some J35s as now it's Airforce will be 2 generations behind. The J31 version Pakistan is getting is 5.5 and more close to 6th gen. India has wasted all this money on the Rafaels and its Airforce chiefs are looking donkey faced.

Everyone thought J10 is coming but it never came, then we inducted Jf17s, and finally block 3s, so people including myself thought what is the point of J10cs when 5th generation is decade away and we have f16s and block 3s, since India bought the Rafale, we needed another medium weight to handle it, with long range radar and missiles, J10C was the answer.

There is a disconnect in trying to link unrelated project development with procurement of a 5th generation aircraft.

The JF-17 reportedly flew in 2003 and yet it was not until 2007 that it made its appearance in the parade(which I watched from the seats) and more so not until 2011 that it’s operational capability was fully realized.

However, just because the J-10C which is based upon a very mature platform now was inducted and put into combat use in less than 2 years doesn’t mean somehow that an aircraft platform like the J-35/31 still in development with iterations upon iterations for the past 9 years can be brought in within a short timeframe.

Lets assume that Shenyang has a process in like the LM one for NGAD where they can simulate the entire aircraft and test it “virtuoperationally” to have it roll out the door - it still requires setting up a manufacturing line to meet anything beyond token prototypes.

I think it’s possible one of those few prototypes could be proceeding in parallel but there seems to be little evidence to suggest where it could be.

That leaves the announcement - to which we have a beleaguered leader struggling to recover from a scandal regarding his ethics and qualifications (to the extent he posed in a F-16 cockpit influencer style) and now has an unprecedented extension which in my view is being portrayed mistakenly as some evidence of the J-31 where it is more likely he is there to keep a cabal going.

anyways whatever it is ? its a squadron worth

TFX KAAN = PFX KHAN.....

My projection.....

Pakistan would love to have a plane with Chinese/Turkish input/weaponry and instead of buying 2 different types of 5th generation, keep one medium weight cost effective plane. No need to buy J35 or KAAN instead go for a medium weight single engine 5th generation.

That leaves the announcement - to which we have a beleaguered leader struggling to recover from a scandal regarding his ethics and qualifications (to the extent he posed in a F-16 cockpit influencer style) and now has an unprecedented extension which in my view is being portrayed mistakenly as some evidence of the J-31 where it is more likely he is there to keep a cabal going.

clearly he is not worse then Anwar Shamim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back