JF-17 - Updates, News & Discussion

我在中国军工企业工作,巴基斯坦的军方代表谈到了这些改进项目,当然,我只是道听途说,并不确认
Could you please use English - the auto translation is making nonsense so we cannot understand anything.

Could you please use English - the auto translation is making nonsense so we cannot understand anything.
I work for a Chinese defense industry company and Pakistani military representatives have talked about these improvement projects, but of course, I am only hearsay and do not confirm

I work for a Chinese defense industry company and Pakistani military representatives have talked about these improvement projects, but of course, I am only hearsay and do not confirm
Thank you - I really appreciate you using English - it helps us understand and value your contribution a lot more!

To your point - I know the former Chief Project Director of the JF-17 program from the Pakistan side and they too have discussed these but just as you said - I don’t have the authority to confirm.

The only way we know for sure is when it gets to a defense magazine/article publication or is confirmed by either Chengdu Aircraft Corporation or Pakistan Aeronautical complex in their marketing brochures.

Thank you - I really appreciate you using English - it helps us understand and value your contribution a lot more!

To your point - I know the former Chief Project Director of the JF-17 program from the Pakistan side and they too have discussed these but just as you said - I don’t have the authority to confirm.

The only way we know for sure is when it gets to a defense magazine/article publication or is confirmed by either Chengdu Aircraft Corporation or Pakistan Aeronautical complex in their marketing brochures.
Wait and see, the output of WS-15 is up, because WS-15 is a small bypass ratio turbofan engine, military thrust fuel consumption is similar to WS-13E, and afterthrust fuel consumption is similar to WS-13E, so logically it can be replaced.
The plasma barrier, the technology is still relatively new, the uncertainty is relatively high.

tbh that'd description of an 'upgrade' would amount to a new fighter.

My sense was that the PAF will continue acquiring JF-17B/C-based aircraft, perhaps with better radars, electronics, and engine. However, @zen's description points to a different aircraft, IMO.

Could it be the "PF-X" program?

Perhaps they're designing a new aircraft based on the core concepts of the JF-17, but with fundamental changes, like relaxed stability, heavy composite use, etc?

Wait and see, the output of WS-15 is up, because WS-15 is a small bypass ratio turbofan engine, military thrust fuel consumption is similar to WS-13E, and afterthrust fuel consumption is similar to WS-13E, so logically it can be replaced.
The plasma barrier, the technology is still relatively new, the uncertainty is relatively high.
Is it being developed for one specific platform/aircraft or multiple types of platforms/aircraft.

Is it being developed for one specific platform/aircraft or multiple types of platforms/aircraft.
multiple types of platforms/aircraft.

Anti-radiation missiles, aircraft, electromagnetic facilities, etc

tbh that'd description of an 'upgrade' would amount to a new fighter.

My sense was that the PAF will continue acquiring JF-17B/C-based aircraft, perhaps with better radars, electronics, and engine. However, @zen's description points to a different aircraft, IMO.

Could it be the "PF-X" program?

Perhaps they're designing a new aircraft based on the core concepts of the JF-17, but with fundamental changes, like relaxed stability, heavy composite use, etc?
I would think the future would be less focus on manned systems and lot more loyal wingman type systems. Seems where a lot is going for and suits Pakistan a lot as well due to the dynamics.

I would think the future would be less focus on manned systems and lot more loyal wingman type systems. Seems where a lot is going for and suits Pakistan a lot as well due to the dynamics.
Loyal wingmen are one way forward, but manned aircraft are still important. The JF-17 is a priority for Pakistan and it is different from the J-31/35, so Pakistan will continue to develop this aircraft.
In the future, the best combination for Pakistan is J-31/35 + JF-17 block4, J-31/35 can achieve Mach 1.5 supersonic cruise, and JF-17 block4 with WS-15 can achieve similar supersonic cruise, they can work well together.

JF-17 block 4

Radar: KLJ-7B digital array radar

Fuselage length: 0.46 meters longer

Cockpit: HUD cancelled

Fuselage: Add conformal fuel tank

Engine: WS-15, the diameter of the WS-15 is similar to the RD-93MA and WS-13E;

New ion barrier generator: the latest scientific research achievements of China's National University of Defense Technology, which can realize plasma stealth; The power generation of WS-15 is sufficient to support the work of the ion barrier generator;

The improved JF-17 block 4, with a combat radius of 1200km and a detection range of 300km, can achieve Mach 1.5 supersonic cruise, close to the stealth capability of the F-35, and exceed the comprehensive combat capability of the F-35.
Baray arsay baad kisi nai itni lambi phenki hai PDF pai. 😆

Yes - Im sorry.

Its a good discussion happening on the potential for the Block-4

I am glad I did not start shooting first yet again. But damn those pesky rules to be applied. :D

Now back on topic. you raised a great point: whether going forward, PAF will find it more useful to spend its resources on other types of weaponry rather than just manned aircraft such as newer blocks of JF-17 et al.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back