UVw9xzd.jpg

Last edited:
JF-17 block 4

Radar: KLJ-7B digital array radar

Fuselage length: 0.46 meters longer

Cockpit: HUD cancelled

Fuselage: Add conformal fuel tank

Engine: WS-15, the diameter of the WS-15 is similar to the RD-93MA and WS-13E;

New ion barrier generator: the latest scientific research achievements of China's National University of Defense Technology, which can realize plasma stealth; The power generation of WS-15 is sufficient to support the work of the ion barrier generator;

The improved JF-17 block 4, with a combat radius of 1200km and a detection range of 300km, can achieve Mach 1.5 supersonic cruise, close to the stealth capability of the F-35, and exceed the comprehensive combat capability of the F-35.
Lol there will be no block 4 according to previous PAF Chief and you have lot of wishful thinking, JF17s is a light-weight jet and always remains light-weight jet and how do you put a heavy thrust class engine into light-weight jet 😉 then you need to redesign whole jet again from scratch and this takes lot of time and $$$ to complete

Lol there will be no block 4 according to previous PAF Chief and you have lot of wishful thinking, JF17s is a light-weight jet and always remains light-weight jet and how do you put a heavy thrust class engine into light-weight jet 😉 then you need to redesign whole jet again from scratch and this takes lot of time and $$$ to complete
I read somewhere that the latest grippen is larger and carries more fuel aswell after redesigning landing gear. However this has led to increase in cost. I dont know how much upgrades jft blk4 might have, without prompting the need to straight up buy j10c instead.

I read somewhere that the latest grippen is larger and carries more fuel aswell after redesigning landing gear. However this has led to increase in cost. I dont know how much upgrades jft blk4 might have, without prompting the need to straight up buy j10c instead.
Sir grippen E also has upgraded slightly more thrust MEDIUM THRUST ENGINE (F-414) thrust =22,000 lbs whereas @zen claims it will have HIGH THRUST ENGINE WS-15 with a thrust of 35,000 lbs or more how it is possible?

The J-10 has been frozen and upgraded, and the J-10CE currently in production has been handed over to Guizhou Aviation Industry Group. The J-10 is China's fourth-generation fighter. Its next generation product is the J-35 and JF-17 is a fighter independently developed by Pakistan. It will continue to improve to meet future air combat needs. WS-15 is very suitable for JF-17, such as fuel consumption, size and production capacity. WS-19 is not suitable for JF-17, because the demand for J-35 is tight and its production capacity is small.

The J-10 has been frozen and upgraded, and the J-10CE currently in production has been handed over to Guizhou Aviation Industry Group. The J-10 is China's fourth-generation fighter. Its next generation product is the J-35 and JF-17 is a fighter independently developed by Pakistan. It will continue to improve to meet future air combat needs. WS-15 is very suitable for JF-17, such as fuel consumption, size and production capacity. WS-19 is not suitable for JF-17, because the demand for J-35 is tight and its production capacity is small.
Lol WS15 is only suitable for heavy weight jet not for lightweight jet, if we put WS15 on JF-17 than it will destabilize the whole jet

Lol WS15 is only suitable for heavy weight jet not for lightweight jet, if we put WS15 on JF-17 than it will destabilize the whole jet
I mean initially - the idea was to allow the JF-17 to be able to use the PW-100 and european engines but that’s just what it was - an idea. The engine bay was meant to accommodate different engine types but no homegrown mod type ideas - still significant redesign and weight/CGI considerations to keep in mind

I mean initially - the idea was to allow the JF-17 to be able to use the PW-100 and european engines but that’s just what it was - an idea. The engine bay was meant to accommodate different engine types but no homegrown mod type ideas - still significant redesign and weight/CGI considerations to keep in mind
Yes I know that sir but @zen is talking about WS-15 which is bigger, has bigger diameter and have huge weight compared to RD-93 WS-13, it's similar like we put f119 engines into f5 sir

Yes I know that sir but @zen is talking about WS-15 which is bigger, has bigger diameter and have huge weight compared to RD-93 WS-13, it's similar like we put f119 engines into f5 sir
The diameter of WS13E&RD93MA is 1 meter, while the diameter of WS-15 is 1.02 meters.

JF-17 seems larger than Gripen A/C and smaller than Gripen E.

The diameter of WS13E&RD93MA is 1 meter, while the diameter of WS-15 is 1.02 meters.
What about T/W rato, Lift/D ratio, shift of center of gravity, shifting center of pressure etc etc 🤔

What about T/W rato, Lift/D ratio, shift of center of gravity, shifting center of pressure etc etc 🤔
The center of gravity of the turbofan engine is at the front rather than the afterburner at the rear, and although the ws-15 is 400kg heavier than the ws-13, the thrust is twice as high, that is, 18.2kn. The military thrust is 11kn. As I mentioned before, the KLJ-7B is a digital array radar, using oxidized materials, liquid cooling heat dissipation, the weight will be heavier than the KLJ-7A. So the problems you're talking about, they're not problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back