JF-17 - Updates, News & Discussion

Translate please it's in Chinese but this forum is in English and my question remains how many 5th generation jets and how many 4+ generation jets have high energy weapons on them?
The j-20 is developing a high-energy laser weapon, which is currently being tested on the Y-20. Energy weapons are not only offensive, but also defensive, such as the plasma shield, which has been successfully developed by China's National University of Defense Technology.

The j-20 is developing a high-energy laser weapon, which is currently being tested on the Y-20. Energy weapons are not only offensive, but also defensive, such as the plasma shield, which has been successfully developed by China's National University of Defense Technology.
Dude high energy laser is not for J-20 but for upcoming Chinese 6th generation jet and give the links/source/proofs that J-20 has high energy lasers, you already says it's in the testing phase on Y-20

And for plasma shield it has one major drawback it's also block all emitting radio waves, so how can your detect opponents?

The F-16 was once replaced with the F404 engine, and the Hornet improved the intake, engine, and so on to upgrade to the Super Hornet. The JF-17 block4 will be a super thunderbolt and will also completely open up third world sales.
No

No such engine swap was done.

The F-16 has tested the GE-79 as the only other engine besides the PW F-100 and GE F110

DO we consider F-18 E/F Super Hornet as a new aircraft or upgrade to the same design? It is 25% larger than the A/b/C/d version.

DO we consider F-18 E/F Super Hornet as a new aircraft or upgrade to the same design? It is 25% larger than the A/b/C/d version.
Brand new aircraft - with some commonality in terms of certain procedures and cockpit switchology but nothing more.

I think we’re reaching the conclusion that there is no block-4 and it is becoming all hyperbole.

Brand new aircraft - with some commonality in terms of certain procedures and cockpit switchology but nothing more.

I think we’re reaching the conclusion that there is no block-4 and it is becoming all hyperbole.
There must be block4, let time verify. Common sense says WS-19 is a better fit, but the truth is WS-15 is a better fit.

There must be block4, let time verify. Common sense says WS-19 is a better fit, but the truth is WS-15 is a better fit.
No block 4 after block III as per former air chief we should upgrade block 1 and 2 to block III version first, world moving toward 5th and 6th generation jets you want to develop 4+++ generation jet with your ridiculous idea lol

Look how even kr youtubers represent their product with great depth. Yes, bias is there. Conveniently underplaying the fact that fa50 doesnt have bvr, ifr probe, standoff weapons integrated. Not mentioning established gripen or jf17 etc in their comparisons.

However they take the time to research and put forward a video with good editing. While our youtubers with zero pronunciation and grammatical skills both in English and Urdu churn out low quality videos daily. They dont even know how to pronounce 'unveil' and add ' matlab ke, bolay to' at the end of every sentence. 'Defence lovers' is not the correct term. Defence enthusiasts is. Total cringe.

If any jf17 youtuber is watching, learn from this. Most of the pointers mentioned in this video also apply to jf17.

Last edited:
No block 4 after block III as per former air chief we should upgrade block 1 and 2 to block III version first, world moving toward 5th and 6th generation jets you want to develop 4+++ generation jet with your ridiculous idea lol
Your point is very interesting, on the one hand Pakistan can't afford to develop jf-17 blk4, but they want to equip 5th or even 6th generation fighter.
It is well known that fifth-generation fighters are characterized by stealth, over-the-horizon air combat, hyper-mobility and, most importantly, stealth. The sixth generation fighter is still under development, hypersonic may be a direction, directional high-energy weapons are also a direction, as well as artificial intelligence, air and space operations. Focus on variable cycle engines, low speed large bypass, medium speed small bypass, high speed scramjet. Different speeds require different forms, so chief engineer Yang said the sixth generation machine is Transformers.
So the question is, does the PAF have the money to develop the JF-17 blk4, or does it have the money to buy the sixth-generation fighter?
In my opinion, the pragmatic approach is the J-35 + JF-17 blk4.
Of course, OBOR mechanism will make Pakistan rich and it may be possible to achieve J-40 + J-35 combination in the future

Your point is very interesting, on the one hand Pakistan can't afford to develop jf-17 blk4, but they want to equip 5th or even 6th generation fighter.
It is well known that fifth-generation fighters are characterized by stealth, over-the-horizon air combat, hyper-mobility and, most importantly, stealth. The sixth generation fighter is still under development, hypersonic may be a direction, directional high-energy weapons are also a direction, as well as artificial intelligence, air and space operations. Focus on variable cycle engines, low speed large bypass, medium speed small bypass, high speed scramjet. Different speeds require different forms, so chief engineer Yang said the sixth generation machine is Transformers.
So the question is, does the PAF have the money to develop the JF-17 blk4, or does it have the money to buy the sixth-generation fighter?
In my opinion, the pragmatic approach is the J-35 + JF-17 blk4.
Of course, OBOR mechanism will make Pakistan rich and it may be possible to achieve J-40 + J-35 combination in the future
Oh dude I already told you your stupid idea of equipping JF-17 with WS15 is stupid and ridiculous it's changed all variables of current JF-17 jet and JF-17 will become totally new jet and how many times I told you there will be no BLK 4 after BLK III as per our chief of air staff

And as for j31 its much cheaper than than heavy J-20 and is in medium weight category

Oh dude I already told you your stupid idea of equipping JF-17 with WS15 is stupid and ridiculous it's changed all variables of current JF-17 jet and JF-17 will become totally new jet and how many times I told you there will be no BLK 4 after BLK III as per our chief of air staff

And as for j31 its much cheaper than than heavy J-20 and is in medium weight category
I think he is advocating a cost effective, low hanging fruits so to speak, in the next iteration of a Pakistan "owned" jet (2040s timeframe). See what Korean did, a reduced rcs jet without internal bays. Maybe with a bigger engine things can work out, put an internal bay (mind you they are not new, see the 1950s Delta Dagger F-102). These are interesting ideas.

The history of PAF tells us, it has always needed a workhorse, if you think post 2040s that will be a Chinese off the shelf or Turkish off the shelf, you are mistaken. The J-35/31 is not PAF owned and the TFX is a heavy weight so it will not be PAFs workhorse.

Work on the Jf-17 started in early 1990s, and we had our first squadron in 2010. Work on the next "work horse" will need to start now to have a first squadron in 2040.

I think he is advocating a cost effective, low hanging fruits so to speak, in the next iteration of a Pakistan "owned" jet (2040s timeframe). See what Korean did, a reduced rcs jet without internal bays. Maybe with a bigger engine things can work out, put an internal bay (mind you they are not new, see the 1950s Delta Dagger F-102). These are interesting ideas.

The history of PAF tells us, it has always needed a workhorse, if you think post 2040s that will be a Chinese off the shelf or Turkish off the shelf, you are mistaken. The J-35/31 is not PAF owned and the TFX is a heavy weight so it will not be PAFs workhorse.

Work on the Jf-17 started in early 1990s, and we had our first squadron in 2010. Work on the next "work horse" will need to start now to have a first squadron in 2040.
The koreans could afford to invest in a 4.5 gen semi stealthy structure instead of a j10c type fighter. They will replace their old fighters with this one.
It looks like they have also locked the fa50 and would only integrate some goodies for export reasons.

They foresee a semi stealth fighter with a weapons bay in future and space for future upgradations to be a better long term investment than a light fighter

Last edited:

你懂我

aKySw.jpg
oeQrBXx.jpg
v5yo9O8.jpg
jnRaNKh.jpg
b1vIz.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back