JF-17 - Updates, News & Discussion

Isn’t that the menu entry for Hot and Sour soup? Or maybe it is Sweet and Sour soup? I can’t tell.
sorry,I am bad at English,Gripen sold to Brazil/Thailand/South Africa,he has a proven track record in marketing。JF17 is a continuously improving fighter jet。

Last edited:
Pakistan Air Force operates more than 175 JF-17 Thunders in 4 variants which speaks of confidence PAF has on the jet.

Since PAF decided to induct J-31 thus we may not see additional JF-17s but rather a comprehensive MLU program to elevate Block-II jets to Block-III standards.
View attachment 14738
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that PAF will likely buy up to 200 to 250 Thunders like originally planned so as to replace all older platforms. The J10CE is being bought to cover the shortage of the F-16s that the US now refuses to give more of to PAF, and the FC-31 is being bought to "future proof" PAF (at least until the KAAN is ready by Turkey) as India is expected to buy a bunch of newer more advanced platforms.

Or is that all wishful thinking on my part? @Quwa

Hi,

It shows how difficult it is to sell an aircraft without the blessing of the USA---.

Gripen NG is a heck of an aircraft---. Its claims are as good as the swedes claim it to be----and yet---.
To be fair, the Swedes themselves are having a tough time inducting it into their air force, as they're not producing enough numbers to cover both domestic AND foreign sales.

Isn’t that the menu entry for Hot and Sour soup? Or maybe it is Sweet and Sour soup? I can’t tell.
I have no idea what's going on, but in case anyone is curious what he's saying, this is what Google is translating the words to.
Screenshot_20240129_025151_Chrome.jpg

Is pak making pl12 , hud and klj7 aesa radar locally?

Are the block 2b actually block3s?

As you can see its been a while since I kept up with jft news

Last edited:
sorry,I am bad at English,Gripen sold to Brazil/Thailand/South Africa,he has a proven track record in marketing。JF17 is a continuously improving fighter jet。
Gripen made its first flight in 1987.....while its first foreign sale on paper was in 99 with dilevery in 08. 10 years plus but thatvsuth African deal is a very soar spot for gripen not a good advert

Is pak making pl12 , hud and klj7 aesa radar locally?

Also does PAF have TL20 type of weapons?

Are the block 2b actually block3s?

As you can see its been a while since I kept up with jft news

"With a KLJ-7A production line being created at APF, there is every likelihood the earlier block II JF-17s could be upgraded too, and even the block Is.

The KLJ-7A will eventually be retrofitted into the JF-17B too, so making it a very capable tactical trainer, which several foreign forces are currently studying."

So:
1. yes, it seems the Klj-7A aesa is being manufactured in-house
2. vis-a-vis block 2bs being block 3: Depends on context, yes in terms of being fully FBW, and getting AESA in future, capability wise maybe not interms of endurance, when you look at fuel fraction lost to second seat and the few news items being floated that Blk-3 has a new engine. In terms of PAF original intention, clearly not:

"In early 2021, the author was told by the then PAC Kamra chairman, air marshal Noman that only 30 of the 50 Block IIIs expected to be ordered, had actually been contracted, but the rest may come later. It is unclear if that is still the case."

Not sure about the rest of what you asked.

JF-17 block 4

Radar: KLJ-7B digital array radar

Fuselage length: 0.46 meters longer

Cockpit: HUD cancelled

Fuselage: Add conformal fuel tank

Engine: WS-15, the diameter of the WS-15 is similar to the RD-93MA and WS-13E;

New ion barrier generator: the latest scientific research achievements of China's National University of Defense Technology, which can realize plasma stealth; The power generation of WS-15 is sufficient to support the work of the ion barrier generator;

The improved JF-17 block 4, with a combat radius of 1200km and a detection range of 300km, can achieve Mach 1.5 supersonic cruise, close to the stealth capability of the F-35, and exceed the comprehensive combat capability of the F-35.

Bh
JF-17 block 4

Radar: KLJ-7B digital array radar

Fuselage length: 0.46 meters longer

Cockpit: HUD cancelled

Fuselage: Add conformal fuel tank

Engine: WS-15, the diameter of the WS-15 is similar to the RD-93MA and WS-13E;

New ion barrier generator: the latest scientific research achievements of China's National University of Defense Technology, which can realize plasma stealth; The power generation of WS-15 is sufficient to support the work of the ion barrier generator;

The improved JF-17 block 4, with a combat radius of 1200km and a detection range of 300km, can achieve Mach 1.5 supersonic cruise, close to the stealth capability of the F-35, and exceed the comprehensive combat capability of the F-35.
Bhai what is this?
Real or just wishful thinking?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back